U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 12:32 PM

621 posts, read 448,118 times

Advertisements

Yep... that's healthcare in Vegas. Don't get sick here or good luck to ya.
Desert springs is one of the worst hospitals in town. And if people haven't figured it out yet... healthcare here is all about getting as much money from you as they can. Who cares if your safety or health is compromised, as long as you and your insurance pay the bill, hospitals don't give a damn!
I know this because I work in several here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2017, 03:17 PM

13,482 posts, read 9,615,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughie View Post
You got off easy. I had a colonoscopy done by a murdering Dr here, was potentially infected with hep C, or HIV, had a colon resection done by this murderer, and all the while, no cancer was found. It's not often I cheer at someone's death, but many celebrated when murdering Desai died.
Holy smokes! So glad you dodged that bullet! I know some insider information about that case, and some other things, but I've signed non-disclosure agreements and cannot share. I've been in healthcare here since 1991.

Old 11-19-2017, 05:32 PM

796 posts, read 464,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Holy smokes! So glad you dodged that bullet! I know some insider information about that case, and some other things, but I've signed non-disclosure agreements and cannot share. I've been in healthcare here since 1991.
I'm curious what your assessment of the report that was linked is? Having only my previous location to compare to, it's been my impression the health care was significantly better than where I came from. The report on the local hospital there is an "F", which may explain my observations..LOL (but honestly, "F" is much better than I'd give that place!)

Old 11-19-2017, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachhead View Post
I'm curious what your assessment of the report that was linked is? Having only my previous location to compare to, it's been my impression the health care was significantly better than where I came from. The report on the local hospital there is an "F", which may explain my observations..LOL (but honestly, "F" is much better than I'd give that place!)
UMC trauma unit is quite good. The regular ER is over crowded because it is a county hospital where all the poor people go. It is also a teaching hospital, and The young students and nursing staff are great. I avoid Summerlin Hospital and Mountainview.

Google the two hospitals I mentioned and add the phrase "TB" to the former.

I have no experience with Desert Springs and cannot really speak to that, but a dialysis tech I know used to call it "
Desperate Springs". Valley Hospital has a solid nursing staff, and Sunrise is where my kid was born 26 years ago. Another solid nursing staff. When hospitalized, the nursing staff is the most important thing. You can have the best doctor in the world ( and there ARE some really good ones here) but when you have a nurse walk into a room, pick up random trash off the floor, and not change gloves or wash hands before reaching to adjust someone's catheter, there's a problem. And I've seen it.

As for the study? It's poop.

Old 11-19-2017, 06:26 PM

2,953 posts, read 1,394,375 times
Quote:
He's dead. Whose going to come after you? Zombie Dr Death?

Old 11-19-2017, 06:52 PM

796 posts, read 464,958 times
Quote:
As for the study?
thank you very much for your insight, you always give the straight scoop!

Old 11-19-2017, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
He's dead. Whose going to come after you? Zombie Dr Death?
Oh, I don't know, maybe a major healthcare organization that we both know and love.

Old 11-20-2017, 05:25 AM

496 posts, read 215,337 times
The sickening part is that the murder conviction was overturned after this third world scumbag died. I guess NV medical board didn't want a murderer who once headed that organization to be their poster boy.

Old 11-20-2017, 06:31 AM

2,953 posts, read 1,394,375 times
Quote:
Oh, I don't know, maybe a major healthcare organization that we both know and love.
OH OK! That is interesting, guess they paid you off. Don't blame you, what good what it do to take on Satan. https://goo.gl/images/Q9Bh5o

I can honestly say I have some great doctors who care about my & hubs health. Better than the last palce. I can't say As I move here at 40+ and hardly ever went to doctors.
But it took awhile. I have this strange feeling I wrote this before.

Old 11-20-2017, 07:00 AM

496 posts, read 215,337 times
I'd be interested in knowing what percentage of mds in NV studied abroad. Let's face it, with few exceptions, LV doesn't exactly draw the cream of the crop in any profession. It's a tough choice, LA Jolla, or LV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or