U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2017, 06:19 PM

4,111 posts, read 1,722,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea View Post
yeah, people do horrible things. this one was preventable. Had they been in t mobile this would have not happened.
how?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2017, 06:24 PM

4,119 posts, read 3,871,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
how?????
T-Mobile Arena is a controlled access venue. It is assumed that weapons would not be allowed inside, or persons with weapons outside the immediate area would not have a clear field-of-fire as the shooter in Mandalay Bay had of the concert.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho and her sub-forums, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 10-02-2017, 06:27 PM

104 posts, read 78,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
how?????
Unless you're ready to outlaw outdoor venues...

There is no solution to this...

We all need to just go on living our lives... and hope this doesn't happen again for a very long time....

I prefer LIBERTY over SECURITY.

Old 10-02-2017, 06:28 PM
EA

5,473 posts, read 4,670,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam500 View Post
I don't know about that...

You're basically saying that we can no longer have outdoor events....

Outdoor venues are fine like LVMS.But outdoor venues next to a bunch of towers are no bueno.

This shooting was the second attempt at this that we know of. There has probably been more.

All 22,000 people were in one area and easy to shoot. When t mobile lets out people are scattered everywhere and in most spots not in a good line of site from any tower. Had he shot at t mobile when they exited the numbers would be a lot smaller.

Old 10-02-2017, 06:30 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,305,059 times
Quote:
Unless you're ready to outlaw outdoor venues...

There is no solution to this...

We all need to just go on living our lives... and hope this doesn't happen again for a very long time....

I prefer LIBERTY over SECURITY.
I think that it will be some time before another music concert in Las Vegas is held near high-rise buildings.

Old 10-02-2017, 06:30 PM

5,721 posts, read 4,332,095 times
I don't want my life changed anymore airports are bad enough as it is. This can happen anywhere anytime. I'm not going to stop doing things I like to do just because of fear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayview6 View Post
I think that it will be some time before another music concert in Las Vegas is held near high-rise buildings.
Vegas is a popular place for events in general all over the place. I say life goes on. What are we supposed to do shut the whole city down now ?

Old 10-02-2017, 06:38 PM

104 posts, read 78,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Outdoor venues are fine like LVMS.But outdoor venues next to a bunch of towers are no bueno.

This shooting was the second attempt at this that we know of. There has probably been more.

All 22,000 people were in one area and easy to shoot. When t mobile lets out people are scattered everywhere and in most spots not in a good line of site from any tower. Had he shot at t mobile when they exited the numbers would be a lot smaller.
I hear what you're saying...

It's sad that we have to "give in" to evil by constantly tightening our freedom of movement...

I for one.. prefer not to...

Freedom and Liberty over Security.

........... but I hear what you're saying.... "safety first"....

Old 10-02-2017, 06:44 PM

2,953 posts, read 1,393,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2016 View Post
This is different. People need to live somewhere, but people don`t need to visit vegas for vacation.
It is comparing apples with potatoes.
HE asked about property values as if people will move out in mass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I belong to a Las Vegas group on Facebook that has about 30,000 members world wide. The basic opinion of most who have been posting is "I am not going to let this guy take my vacation away from me!" Most seem to be planning to go ahead with vacation plans, even some that were scheduled to arrive as early as today.

A few people may be scared away but I don't think it will make a big impact in the long run.
The few that are scared live in fear, aren't mentally healthy.

Old 10-02-2017, 06:48 PM

213 posts, read 105,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
Prayers for Vegas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paris-on-ponce View Post
My condolences to Las Vegas and anyone on this forum who was there or knew people who were. Absolutely tragic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oeccscclhjhn View Post
A sad day. Prayers to those who were affected there, and their families.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
My heart grieves over all this carnage.

May God brings comfort and solace to everyone affected by this tragedy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
My condolences over this Las Vegas tragedy.
Amen .

Old 10-02-2017, 06:50 PM
EA

5,473 posts, read 4,670,748 times
Quote:
I hear what you're saying...

It's sad that we have to "give in" to evil by constantly tightening our freedom of movement...

I for one.. prefer not to...

Freedom and Liberty over Security.

........... but I hear what you're saying.... "safety first"....

We have a lot of freedoms. They're not always good ideas. An outdoor venue next to 5 towers is not a good idea. Humans are scum and have been killing people for 250,000+ years.
We can have outdoor venues but that location is not a good idea.
I am free to cover myself with meat if I want. But it's not a good idea to do it in shark infested waters.

Also I want to know what the hell he used to break that glass because I have tried to break hotel glass (left over piece from a Bellagio remodel I did) and I rammed a damn forklift fork into it at full speed and it didn't even scratch it.
It took a powder actuated concrete nail to actually break it. I hit it with my hammer a bunch of times and it just bounced off. That stuff is strong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas