U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2017, 12:59 AM

5,470 posts, read 5,781,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstateman92 View Post
I just don't believe any of this . I believe the isis claims there is isis activity in Philippines where his girlfriend is currently . 100k sent could of been some sort of payment or bounty ? Perhaps he was blackmailed ?

Also all the photos leaked of his body and inside the room . Bullet casing laying on top of his fresh blood as if they were placed there afterwords . Even his self inflicted wound there's no brain splatter just blood leaking as if someone just hit their head . Also he appears to have blood/wound on his chest area . And lastly if he shot himseld with that revolver there is no bullets in the chamber and for those who saw these images , how did his rifle with the tripod fall perfectly over his leg as if it were placed ?

Not to mention the muzzle flash caught from multiple different cameras at lower floors as the gun fire came but no flash or muzzle light from where he was supposed to b
And the taxi drivers footage where after the initial echo you can clearly here a new burst of machine gun fire in the distance followed by loud fire almost as if she was driving under the window of the shooter

Something is not adding up
I find that very doubtful. She just arrived back in the US, flew into LAX. If she was deep in the weeds with the IMLF or another linked Islamic group, no way she'd have come back. She could have easily disappeared in the Philippines on Sunday and made it into Malaysia no problem. She'd have never come back willingly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2017, 01:09 AM

16,485 posts, read 20,022,997 times
I believe this guy was on a "topping mission". Last horrific massacre occurred in Orland with 50 people killed. And? "I need to top that!" And the next terrorist will probably top that with even more. All for the sake of posthumous fame!

I believe, many years ago, someone opened up fire in a McDonald's at the Tijuana border, on the U.S. side, with 40+ killed. And, as a result, they leveled that McDonald's and rebuilt another one.

I was walking my ferret down on the Strip early morning (TI/Venetian/Wynn) and I thought of all the pets, back home, who will never see their owners again!

I've walked my ferret a number of times on that run, and I've never seen so many police, all clustered together, 12 of them, at the entrance to the Palazzo.

Old 10-04-2017, 01:10 AM

12,843 posts, read 24,488,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
If he was doing this under the auspices of ISIS, or any other radical group, you think he'd communicate the fact (a la the Orlando shooter.)
I still think the Orlando shooter invoked ISIS to hide his difficulty with being gay and wanting to kill the objects of his attention.

Old 10-04-2017, 01:11 AM

12,843 posts, read 24,488,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
your question presupposes that atheists don't have a moral compass. Nothing could be further from the truth.
thank you.

Old 10-04-2017, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Room service can also be left in the hall, so they may not have come in the room at all
When I was in Bangkok in 2004, I picked up some books at a bookstore there, one book was about a woman where someone planted drugs in her suitcase, unknown to her, arrested at the Airport, and it told of the horrific conditions in the Bangkok jail

All of a sudden the paranoia kicked in: Perhaps the maid hates Americans and she may plant some drug residue in my suitcase?

So for the 10 days I stayed there, I left a Do Not Disturb sign outside my room, but after 5 days, they forced me to open the room and have it cleaned, as they perhaps got suspicious. And I kept my eye on the maid every single minute!

So it wouldn't surprise me the maids didn't enter the room at all, as do they have rules that, after a certain amount of time, you're forced to open up and let the maid come in?

Old 10-04-2017, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
A psychopath is perfectly capable of elaborate planning. In fact, most psychopaths are great at it.
From all the true crime books I've read, over the years, sociopaths/psychopaths can pass lie detector tests with flying colors!

Old 10-04-2017, 02:19 AM

35 posts, read 21,868 times
This is so tragic. My sincerest condolences go to every person injured or killed. I've seen countless youtube videos and it's almost surreal how they were all like sitting ducks and I agree about this whole tragedy makes no sense. [mod cut] May God bless everyone involved and wishing those currently injured in the hospital a speedy and full recovery!

Last edited by volosong; 10-04-2017 at 10:06 AM.. Reason: not the thread for 2A discussion/comments

Old 10-04-2017, 03:35 AM

13,438 posts, read 24,222,225 times
Just heard Marilou Danley landed at LAX and she was met by the FBI upon deplaning.

Old 10-04-2017, 04:13 AM

2,514 posts, read 1,288,328 times
I don't understand why it took so long to get Danley back to the US. Or like someone said, why the FBI didn't have the ability to interview her overseas. Why has she been so protected?

Old 10-04-2017, 04:56 AM

673 posts, read 238,237 times
Default Maids

Maids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Answers View Post
Something I've been wondering about... how many days was he in this hotel room? They said he built a platform so he could have a better angle out the one window.. and setting everything up had to have taken a good amount of time, plus the cameras.

Ok, thinking about that, did this room have no maid service, coming to put fresh towels in or anything along those lines? I don't understand.

My condolences to those who lost loved ones or have friends and family injured. It will be a long while before we feel "normal" again.
In nice hotels they are very respectful of the do not disturb. Even room service will call you and say someone is there w your food but the do not disturb is on door. Some make you take off for the second before they knock on door to give you what you ordered. He also had a 2 bedroom suite w alot of towels on day 1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas