U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 01:53 AM
Status: "Invisible cats keep you up at night" (set 2 days ago)

9,761 posts, read 21,620,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
Initial reports are often incorrect because of the need to break news fast and quickly to get it out to the public.

It sounds like one shooter was shooting from a hotel room on the 32nd floor of Mandalay Bay where they got them. There are reports of shots fired at Excalibur, MGM in the lobby, Tropicana, the Bellagio, and NYNY, but Tropicana and NYNY proved to be false and MGM was actually on lockdown. We haven't seen footage from anywhere else but the Country Music Festival.

I-84 is shut down between Trop and Russell Rd.

Just came in: Police believe it was one shooter and that there aren't multiple shooters. Estimated 70 casualties, dozens dead many injured. Wounded went to UMC and Sunrise hospital.
Where is I-84? I-15? And thanks for the update on casualties, deaths and injured. The news stations are stuck on the 2 dead, 24 injured, suspect neutralized(dead.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2017, 01:56 AM

2,575 posts, read 1,897,927 times
I tried to link it so you could follow it instead of the twitter video showing on here but it still posted.

Daily Mail has graphic pictures of people being carried away at the Tropicana and under that person being carried away in a wheelbarrow.

Active shooter reported at Las Vegas' Mandalay Bay Resort | Daily Mail Online

Old 10-02-2017, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Where is I-84? I-15? And thanks for the update on casualties, deaths and injured. The news stations are stuck on the 2 dead, 24 injured, suspect neutralized(dead.)
Oh sorry. After moving around a lot I get the highways mixed up from Austin to Boise to Las Vegas and now Portland. The update said the highway down the Strip corridor between Tropicana and Russell Rd but that all might be over now, or not. The shooting started around 10 pm so it's been a couple hours.

Also, those numbers I quoted could be wrong too. It was one article I came across at that moment and it was the latest one, but you're right the rest of the news say around 24-26 total injured with 12 critical and 2 confirmed dead not including the shooter. The 32nd floor is pretty high up even if they were unloading hundreds of rounds.

It usually takes 24 hours for the main details to get sorted and confirmed many times over.

Old 10-02-2017, 02:05 AM

3,672 posts, read 7,985,054 times
Audio from the cell phone videos playing on CNN make it clear that it was fully automatic fire. Sounded like more than 30 rounds in each burst, sounded like three bursts of 50 rounds each.

Weapons that can fire like this were most likely illegally obtained (stolen from military or law enforcement). The National Firearms Act of 1986 basically froze the supply of legally possessable fully automatic weapons at that moment in time, so they are extremely valuable now (sell for tens of thousands of dollars), and only in the hands of collectors. In the past, law enforcement often received surplus full-auto M16s from the government, and they're always getting stolen

Old 10-02-2017, 02:05 AM

He says the shooting did spread to the MGM lobby and the police came and helped a lady shot in the leg.

https://www.facebook.com/kevin.goff....9831824943529/

Old 10-02-2017, 02:07 AM

Here you go PinkString

Old 10-02-2017, 02:17 AM
EA

5,473 posts, read 4,672,141 times
I drove through the scene while the shooter was still active. The strip emptied so fast it's not even funny. They grounded flights. They had i15 shut down from Russel to at least Spring mountain. I saw bodies in the Tropicana/Lvb intersection. I saw someone getting cpr in the back of an ambulance.

It's got to suck for all the people staying in those hotels that were out and about.

A lot of other hotels have their entrances blocked off. UMC has a big perimeter of armed police around it.

I know some people at the concert. A friend's daughter was there with friends. One of them got shot in the arm.

If anyone says it's a false flag I'm going to punch them.

Old 10-02-2017, 02:28 AM

If UMC says 26 people were shot does that include the people sent to Sunrise? Is the number bigger or not is what I'm wondering?

That was a lot of rapid gunfire. According to witnesses it went for five minutes. This guys take is interesting he talks about the gun.
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...nutes-50224393

Old 10-02-2017, 02:30 AM

8,770 posts, read 2,336,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
Commandeering trucks to transport people to the hospital. *Warning Graphic*
A lady who was interviewed on CNN a few minutes ago offered to drive 5 people to the hospital in her car. One of the 5 said 'I work for Metro, let me drive', so the car owner let that lady drive. The car owner (standing outside the hospital the Metro person drove her car to) said her own husband = same thing but a different car to a different hospital. It sounded as though the person shot that she was transporting was the 18 year old daughter of a friend.

Old 10-02-2017, 02:35 AM
EA

5,473 posts, read 4,672,141 times
There are 70 confirmed at 2 hospitals. There is still a steady stream of ambulances going between the strip and hospitals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas