U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2017, 10:20 AM

7,031 posts, read 3,747,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post

Shooters brother first interview said he didn't know of shooter (don't want to use his name), having high powered rifles.

THEN yesterday on CBS in 33 minute interview, says he shot these while visiting his brother and didn't like them. They hurt his shoulder.

I called hotline and they said they are already on it.
What I noticed was that his OTHER brothers (he has three) both said they haven't seen or talked to the killer in many years. One said 10 years. The other 20 years. The one he hadn't talked to in 20 years lives in Arizona, so it's not like distance was an issue.

That doesn't really align with what the third brother (the one blabbing to the media) is saying about how loving and caring the killer was towards his family.

I mean, I could see you might have a falling out with one brother and not talk to them, but two out of three? That suggests there might be more to the family story than the brother who is talking to the media is willing to admit.

Last edited by RosieSD; 10-05-2017 at 10:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2017, 10:25 AM

429 posts, read 266,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
What I noticed was that his OTHER brothers (he has three) both said they haven't seen or talked to the killer in many years. One said 10 years. The other 20 years.

That doesn't really align with what the third brother (the one blabbing to the media) is saying about how loving and caring the killer was towards his family.

I mean, I could see you might have a falling out with one brother and not talk to them, but two out of three? That suggests there might be more to the family story than the brother who is talking to the media is willing to admit.

The blabbing brother seems nuttier than a fruitcake.
At first I thought it was shock.
Now I'm not so sure.

Old 10-05-2017, 10:39 AM

11,064 posts, read 8,986,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lluvia View Post
The blabbing brother seems nuttier than a fruitcake.
At first I thought it was shock.
Now I'm not so sure.
I came across the pic in the link below of the brothers together. Had I not previously seen a pic of the shooter, I'd assume the other one was the shooter just judging by that pic.

Stephen Paddock

Old 10-05-2017, 10:49 AM

429 posts, read 266,572 times
4 sons. I guess the bank robber was good at something else besides bank robbing.

Old 10-05-2017, 11:01 AM

10,699 posts, read 3,742,867 times
Quote:
His car was parked on the 32nd floor where his room was. This was reported early on.

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab This woman reports on domestic terrorist groups. And is a writer for Forbes.
I think she's on to something. Worth reading.

Shooters brother first interview said he didn't know of shooter (don't want to use his name), having high powered rifles.

THEN yesterday on CBS in 33 minute interview, says he shot these while visiting his brother and didn't like them. They hurt his shoulder.

I called hotline and they said they are already on it.
Separate parking garage. No auto access in those towers.

Old 10-05-2017, 11:21 AM

13,432 posts, read 24,204,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Our perpetetrator however was foiled on his big deal. He apparently fired heavily on the aviation fuel tanks at McCarran according to the RJ. Would that have not been wonderful?. Tens of thousands of gallons of aviation fuel blowing up into the retreating concert goers.

God He was evil.
Years ago I interviewed for a job at McCarran as a Senior Network Security Analyst. They asked me to point out a serious security problem at the airport. Trying to be diplomatic I said I thought they needed to move the jet fuel storage to a more secure area. I didn't get the job so I guess they didn't like my answer.

I know the fuel storage was installed when we were a kinder people much less inclined towards terrorist acts. Perhaps after this incident they will move the fuel!

Old 10-05-2017, 12:41 PM

2,953 posts, read 1,389,796 times
^^^ above post is very interesting. Is the tank made out of something that is bullet proof?

The brother in CA has a long rap sheet, so he didn't fall far from the tree.

If the shooter (will not use his name) is so rich, why don't they take his money and assets to pay off victims.

Old 10-05-2017, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
what is antifa? I've just now heard about it
ANTIFA is a far left activist group. Sort of the left side equivalent of the alt-right groups. They have been known to commit violent acts.

I don't think this is at all likely. ANTIFA is not 'home' to many old white men with money. They pretty much despise Paddock's demographic. That one just doesn't fit. Most likely fake news.

Meanwhile the new information today is that Paddock did not move into the suite until @24 hours before the attack. So he only had 1 day to set up. He did check in on Thursday but the room was not available till Saturday. So that means he moved everything in less than a day.

Apparently they found more ammo and ammonium nitrate in his car parked in the garage. They also said he had an escape plan but no details were given.

Old 10-05-2017, 02:29 PM

125 posts, read 225,335 times
Quote:
^^^ above post is very interesting. Is the tank made out of something that is bullet proof?
It's not the tanks, it is the chemistry of the fuel. The flashpoint of aviation fuel is much higher than gasoline.

Old 10-05-2017, 02:29 PM

Quote:

The brother in CA has a long rap sheet, so he didn't fall far from the tree.

If the shooter (will not use his name) is so rich, why don't they take his money and assets to pay off victims.
No it's not. In action movies, a bullet or just a spark would blow one of these up. In real life it's not quite that simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas