U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2017, 11:10 AM

20,344 posts, read 20,421,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Do you realize he could have stuffed a dozen rifles in a couple of golf bags? Zip up the travel cover on a pink bag and a blue golf bag and carry them to your room, heck even the bell hop wouldn't think twice about it especially if you looked the part (64 yr old white guy, collared shirt, etc). It would simply look like his and her golf bags! An AK47 weighs about 7 lbs so 6 of them stuffed in a golf bag would be 50-55 lbs with the bag. Nobody would think twice about a golf bag that weighed that if they thought it was full of balls, 14 clubs and a pair of shoes.
exactly what I thought, could probably bring a series of these up over the space of the 3 days he was checked in. No one would even blink at someone hauling these up the elevator.

https://www.tgw.com/golf-travel-bags...FQEPaQodRVYDRA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2017, 04:25 PM

27,453 posts, read 44,947,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
exactly what I thought, could probably bring a series of these up over the space of the 3 days he was checked in. No one would even blink at someone hauling these up the elevator.

https://www.tgw.com/golf-travel-bags...FQEPaQodRVYDRA
The guns and the ammo could have been brought in piecemeal I agree w/o being that suspicious
But I wonder once they were IN the room how easy it was to conceal them from the maids???
And he likely didn't do all the make ready the hour or so before he started shooting...
The police said he had lot of tools (drills) and other items around to facilitate the camera placement and things like nailing the hall door closed...
Don't you think that would have created noise that people might have noticed?

I imagine there will soon come out a conspiracy theory that he was not really the shooter--
That it was a group of people who wanted to prove a point about something that was behind it
And they shot him before shooting into the crowd and left before the cops got there...
Or that the cops were maybe even involved...

NOT MY THEORY--
But there are plenty of people who love conspiracies
Look at the Sandy Hook story...

Old 10-09-2017, 05:11 PM

10,700 posts, read 3,742,867 times
It has now gone fully weird. Apparently they have now decided the security guard got shot before the perp opened up on the festival. That blows all sorts of stuff out the window.

Old 10-09-2017, 05:58 PM

1,617 posts, read 1,900,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
The guns and the ammo could have been brought in piecemeal I agree w/o being that suspicious
But I wonder once they were IN the room how easy it was to conceal them from the maids???
And he likely didn't do all the make ready the hour or so before he started shooting...
The police said he had lot of tools (drills) and other items around to facilitate the camera placement and things like nailing the hall door closed...
Don't you think that would have created noise that people might have noticed?

I imagine there will soon come out a conspiracy theory that he was not really the shooter--
That it was a group of people who wanted to prove a point about something that was behind it
And they shot him before shooting into the crowd and left before the cops got there...
Or that the cops were maybe even involved...

NOT MY THEORY--
But there are plenty of people who love conspiracies
Look at the Sandy Hook story...
Shooter rented two adjoining rooms, one of which was a suite. He could have stored everything in the regular room while living in the suite. A simple placement of a Do Not Disturb sign on the regular room keeps housekeeping out, as does the possibility the shooter being present during maid service. Day of the event the shooter could have easily set up everything after housekeeping left or just kept them out that last day. It'll be interesting to learn the shooter's timeline of personal behavior on his final day. Did he leave his room at all, or was he coming and going? Any visitors? Any calls? Is he on surveillance video anywhere outside his room that day? I suppose all of that matters for every day he was there. I surmise he spent his last day "working" in his room.

Old 10-09-2017, 07:15 PM

13,432 posts, read 24,204,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
Shooter rented two adjoining rooms, one of which was a suite. He could have stored everything in the regular room while living in the suite. A simple placement of a Do Not Disturb sign on the regular room keeps housekeeping out, as does the possibility the shooter being present during maid service. Day of the event the shooter could have easily set up everything after housekeeping left or just kept them out that last day. It'll be interesting to learn the shooter's timeline of personal behavior on his final day. Did he leave his room at all, or was he coming and going? Any visitors? Any calls? Is he on surveillance video anywhere outside his room that day? I suppose all of that matters for every day he was there. I surmise he spent his last day "working" in his room.
Actually he was only in the suite for a day before the shooting. It wasn't available when he originally checked in.

Old 10-09-2017, 09:16 PM

989 posts, read 1,339,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rose View Post
LOL. Yeah, atheists just shoot up crowds because they feel like it.

Assuming this A-hole was even an atheist (his girlfriend stated that she believed in God in her statement, but no word if he is or isn't yet), I doubt that had anything to do with this. You're really ignorant about what atheism is and what atheists do.
Anyone who doesn’t kill other people only because of religion is already not a good person.

Old 10-09-2017, 09:29 PM
EA

5,472 posts, read 4,663,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
Anyone who doesn’t kill other people only because of religion is already not a good person.

Amen.

Old 10-09-2017, 10:26 PM

Liability just reared its head. Why did not the cops end up outside the 32nd floor door before the shooting started. The guard was shot before the hour. Why did not the cops show up in a couple of minutes. May be legitimate reasons...but now there is a possibility that MGM screwed up.

Old 10-10-2017, 09:21 AM

25 posts, read 32,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
...but now there is a possibility that MGM screwed up.
How do u figure that?
The security officer was shot in the hamstring at 9:59pm. He did not fall so he managed to move over to the side. Less than 15 seconds later he got on the radio and said he was shot on the 32 floor.
Security dispatch instantly --INSTANTLY- called the police.
There was no guessing.. no trying to figure out where shooter was. They knew exactly because Campos was wounded sitting laying there talking to hotel dispatch.
Why Metro originally made it seem as if they had to figure out the shooters location in the building is beyond me.

Mandalay Bay security did everything right.
Also-point worth mentioning---
there are ZERO alarms on any staircase in the building that a guest would have access to.
In the basement there are doors that have alarms...not in the hotel area.

Old 10-10-2017, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentVegas View Post
How do u figure that?
The security officer was shot in the hamstring at 9:59pm. He did not fall so he managed to move over to the side. Less than 15 seconds later he got on the radio and said he was shot on the 32 floor.
Security dispatch instantly --INSTANTLY- called the police.
There was no guessing.. no trying to figure out where shooter was. They knew exactly because Campos was wounded sitting laying there talking to hotel dispatch.
Why Metro originally made it seem as if they had to figure out the shooters location in the building is beyond me.

Mandalay Bay security did everything right.
Also-point worth mentioning---
there are ZERO alarms on any staircase in the building that a guest would have access to.
In the basement there are doors that have alarms...not in the hotel area.
A possibility...not a known fact. Does Metro agree that they got such a call?

And if they did why did it take so long to get to the shooter?

Opens a whole new set of questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas