U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2017, 11:43 PM

272 posts, read 136,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Liability just reared its head. Why did not the cops end up outside the 32nd floor door before the shooting started. The guard was shot before the hour. Why did not the cops show up in a couple of minutes. May be legitimate reasons...but now there is a possibility that MGM screwed up.
You ever call Metro on a weekend? 45+ minute wait time to get dispatch on the phone.... in my opinion, if anything, Metro is covering up their ****ty response times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2017, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentVegas View Post
How do u figure that?
The security officer was shot in the hamstring at 9:59pm. He did not fall so he managed to move over to the side. Less than 15 seconds later he got on the radio and said he was shot on the 32 floor.
Security dispatch instantly --INSTANTLY- called the police.
There was no guessing.. no trying to figure out where shooter was. They knew exactly because Campos was wounded sitting laying there talking to hotel dispatch.
Why Metro originally made it seem as if they had to figure out the shooters location in the building is beyond me.

Mandalay Bay security did everything right.
Also-point worth mentioning---
there are ZERO alarms on any staircase in the building that a guest would have access to.
In the basement there are doors that have alarms...not in the hotel area.
I think they knew where he was. i heard that Metro de-prioritized the call because Mandalay reported that the shooting had stopped. Seems pretty reasonable to me. Metro routinely de-prioritizes or simply doesn't respond to calls they don't think are worthwhile, supposing you can even get them on the phone.

Old 10-17-2017, 11:49 PM

10,806 posts, read 3,768,270 times
The Guard has surfaced. On Eileen Show tomorrow with the guy from engineering. Does not appear to be running in the least.

Old 10-17-2017, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
yes, could have been much much worse - and that's hard to imagine considering the number of deaths this idiot caused....wish the media wouldn't provide his name, pictures of him on the internet - only gives him fame -and the next idiot will see this and do likewise.
Why did they even need to "blow the door"? They had Mandalay security on scene, right? Could security have just keyed open the door? The whole story just doesn't add up.

Old 10-17-2017, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
While I think the public has had some legitimate gripes with Metro over the years, I think they did an absolutely outstanding job in this situation.

ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING.

While the devestation and disappointment was all over Lombardo's face at every briefing, the officers who put their lives on the line and their commanders potentially saved hundreds of lives in the end.

Dispatch performed astoundingly well as well.

I hope many of our citizens will acknowledge this long term by showing our law enforcement more of the respect they deserve day to day.
I don't. Metro has been bungling things for ages and this is just their latest major boondoggle.

Lombardo needs to go along with probably everyone else at the top of that operation and about half of the people on the ground.

Take a look at the responses and the response time of other major cities and tell me they were doing a good job? This has been a complete cluster**** from minute one. The fact that they can't even get their story straight, and now "Sheriff" Lombardo won't even answer question in press conferences tells me all I need to know.

Old 10-18-2017, 03:24 AM

67 posts, read 116,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
Why did they even need to "blow the door"? They had Mandalay security on scene, right? Could security have just keyed open the door? The whole story just doesn't add up.
You're a tactical genius....the shooter sprayed 200 rounds into the hallway. What could go wrong with walking up to the door and putting the key card in? You can hear in the audio part of the reason for blowing the door was to cause confusion for the shooter.

Old 10-18-2017, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by techaz View Post
You're a tactical genius....the shooter sprayed 200 rounds into the hallway. What could go wrong with walking up to the door and putting the key card in? You can hear in the audio part of the reason for blowing the door was to cause confusion for the shooter.
What could go wrong with walking up to the same door and putting an explosive on it, tactical genius? Where was the shooter going to go, out the 32nd story window? Was there a need for more confusion?

Old 10-18-2017, 04:31 AM

Quote:
The Guard has surfaced. On Eileen Show tomorrow with the guy from engineering. Does not appear to be running in the least.
Here is a link to that interview:

https://streamable.com/u95l9

Old 10-18-2017, 06:23 AM

1,589 posts, read 1,822,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
There are reports that the guard was investigating the sound of someone screwing things into the door frame. Screws maybe?

Old 10-18-2017, 06:29 AM

27,552 posts, read 45,007,788 times
Quote:
Yes--was going to post this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas