Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 07:05 AM

555 posts, read 775,222 times

Advertisements

I live in an association with 200 single family homes. Our assessment is $38 and we get fairly well kept sidewalks and community streets. We also get a well kept grass area that sits on .10 of an acre. But that's it.

How much do you all pay for your assessments and what type of amenities do you get (besides enforcing the bylaws and collecting payment) ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2017, 10:37 AM

6,752 posts, read 3,367,193 times
We move into our new place in Palm Canyon at the end of the month. HOA is $200/year. I haven't read the CC&R's yet and don't know what we get for the money, but at that price I'm not expecting much.

The neighborhood did look immaculate, though, so maybe it just pays for the busy bodies to go around and keep after the homeowners.

Old 10-06-2017, 01:24 PM

49 posts, read 43,437 times
Mine is $67/month. We have a pool a common area. Honestly never visited (I've had the house for 4 months). Republic Services IS included with the HOA fee, however so that's nice.

Old 10-06-2017, 02:20 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,884,616 times
$25 for one property in Silverado Ranch and it literally gets you nothing more than a money-grubbing HOA that sends out notices when trash cans are out 15 minutes outside the allowed time window. They do endlessly redo the paving, like every 3 years it seems so I suppose that's where the money goes, but it feels dumb paying that much since with all the cars parked on the streets and all the abandoned houses during the recession that looked terrible for years, they really have never done much to make the place look that nice.

$155 for my Rhodes Ranch property gets gym and pool access, nicely manicured grounds, a pretty tough gate crew to get past and plenty of activities. They too have a pretty annoying HOA, but since they ban most overnight street parking it does feel like they do something to keep the community looking good.

Old 10-06-2017, 02:32 PM

15 posts, read 19,306 times
$131/mo. 47 homes. They maintain the perimeter landscaping and wall, street lights inside the community, sidewalks, streets, mailboxes, gate, entrance landscaping, and, of course, make sure I maintain my property.

I don't mind as down the road there are homes in which the owners have decided:
  • a bright purple garage door really makes the home pop
  • painting the garage door with chalkboard paint allows the owner to write inspirational messages
  • not maintaining the front yard really gives it a lived-in look (or, perhaps, a "don't bother robbing me" look)
  • if I put this crap on the curb eventually Republic will give up and take it (could be months though)
  • that broken window really doesn't need to be replaced
and assorted other silliness.

I feel bad for their neighbors. Makes it tough to sell and must be demoralizing to the vast majority of owners who do care for their homes.

Old 10-07-2017, 02:11 PM

66 posts, read 65,003 times
$40/quarter, pays for the paper, ink and postage of the mail they send out for violations like overgrown plants, weed and the car without plates parked on the street for month.

Old 10-07-2017, 04:46 PM

8,147 posts, read 8,348,424 times
$103/month. Sun City Anthem. Community Center, fitness center and indoor track; indoor & outdoor pools with locker rooms, tennis courts, boncee courts, pickleball courts, monthly free events, 2 additional fitness/activity centers, tons of clubs, 24 hour security patrol including house checks when we are out of town, maintenance of all common grounds, community service group that will change filters, smoke alarms,high light bulbs, etc. And of course they dole out violations and reminders.

Old 10-07-2017, 04:56 PM

8,147 posts, read 8,348,424 times
....but just for shock value.... thought you'd like to know what I pay for my Dallas Condo's HOA fees:

$1032/month. Included gas & water (not electricity), building maintenance including washing windows quarterly, valet parking, bar-b-que grilling station, pool and hot tub with towel service provided and staffed wet bar during summer months, room service (from the menu they offer) 24 hour concierge and security patrol, quarterly parties including food and wine, fitness room. Pickup mail/packages when you are away and put in your condo. At the beginning of the holiday season we each get an email from the property manager reminding us that its bonus time and the "suggested" bonus is the equivalent of a month's HOA fee!!!

Old 10-07-2017, 06:10 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,694,717 times
Sun City Summerlin $104/month soon to be $112/month. Tons of clubs to join. The main one we belong to has around 350 members. And they maintain everything beyond the houses and property for some areas. In some they do more maintenance, but the monthly is higher. I have no idea how much. Even repainted the red area on the curb in front of our house this year.

From https://www.55places.com/nevada/comm...rlin#amenities

Sun City Summerlin Amenities

Mountain Shadows Clubhouse

Mountain Shadows Clubhouse hosts most of the community's outdoor amenities including the 18-Hole Palm Valley Golf Course.
Mountain Shadows Clubhouse
Exercise Room
Indoor Spa
Table Tennis
Five Star Tavern
18-Hole Palm Valley Golf Course
Outdoor Lap Pool
6 Tennis Courts
4 Shuffleboard Courts
Racquetball Court
Mini Golf Course
Outdoor Track
10 Horseshoe Pits
Picnic Area
Scenic Lakes & Ponds
Desert Vista Clubhouse

The 44,000 square-foot Desert Vista Clubhouse is the community's location for staying physically active whether its breaking a sweat in the fitness center or meeting with neighbors for a bocce ball game.
Desert Vista Community Center - 44,000 Sq. Ft.
Fitness Center
Aerobics Room
Grand Ballroom
Billiards Room
Ceramics Studio
Arts & Crafts Studio
Sewing Room
Multi-Purpose Rooms
Outdoor Pool & Spa
4 Tennis Courts
2 Pickleball Courts
4 Bocce Ball Courts
Basketball Court
4 Horseshoe Pits
Sun Shadows Clubhouse

The Sun Shadows Clubhouse is a smaller community center that features indoor and outdoor amenities for residents who live nearby. The main feature of Sun Shadows is the immaculately constructed Olympic-sized indoor pool.
Sun Shadows Clubhouse
Olympic Indoor Pool & Spa
Aerobics & Dance Studio
Hobby & Game Room
Meeting Rooms
Computer Lab
Cards Rooms
Several Multi-Purpose Rooms
4 Bocce Ball Courts
Pinnacle Clubhouse

Pinnacle Clubhouse acts as the community's cultural center with the 312-seat Starbright Theater and a music room. The clubhouse also hosts the 18-hole Eagle Crest Golf Course and The Summit restaurant.
Pinnacle Clubhouse
312-Seat Starbright Theater
Exercise Room
Multi-Purpose Room
Woodworking Shop
Massage Room
Music Room
The Summit Restaurant
18-Hole Eagle Crest Golf Course
Outdoor Pool & Spa
Outdoor Patio
Outdoor Walking Trail
4 Tennis Courts
Softball Field
Highland Falls Golf Course

The Highland Falls Golf Course is an 18-hole course designed by renowned architects Billy Casper and Greg Nash and also features a full-service restaurant.
18-hole Highland Falls Golf Course
Tavern at the Falls Restaurant
Pro Shop

Old 10-07-2017, 08:36 PM

8 posts, read 14,605 times
[quote=Tek_Freek;49754284]Sun City Summerlin $104/month soon to be $112/month. Tons of clubs to join. The main one we belong to has around 350 members. And they maintain everything beyond the houses and property for some areas. In some they do more maintenance, but the monthly is higher. I have no idea how much. Even repainted the red area on the curb in front of our house this year.

Tek_Freek ... Do you own a Single Family Home or an Attached Condo? We are very impressed with Sun City Summerlin and thinking about buying a Condo there but the fees reported on real estate for sale listings vary a lot and can be quite significant, more than $112/month. Also they list an Association Fee and a Master Plan Fee. What is the difference and do you also pay a Master Plan Fee? Thank you for your response, Roy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: