U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 10:02 PM

10,707 posts, read 3,742,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2016 View Post
Yesterday in 89129 we put the black trash container and several small blue recycling containers out.
They only took the black container but left the blue ones with paper etc. Not sure what we did wrong?
You are in 89129. That is twice a week pickup with recycling on some specific day every two weeks. I suggest you not worry much about it until you go to the once a week schedule somewhere in the next couple of years. Then you will have the two containers to separate.

In the interim if you wish you can recycle but just put whatever in the three boxes - they all go into the same place on the recycle truck. For the day ask Republic Services or simply watch the neighborhood. Each has a few people who do it.

By the way we are about neighbors. We back to Hickam on the other side of Durango.

Last edited by lvmensch; 10-18-2017 at 10:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2017, 11:23 PM

206 posts, read 297,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David56 View Post
I just moved to Henderson. So I just throw all acceptable recyclable materials into the Recycle bin? No separating one item type from another? No flattening and bundling corrugated cardboard? No requirement for using colorless transparent plastic bags? I read the links provided in this thread and there was a requirement for using different colored bins than the ones provided to me. There also seemed to be a requirement for separating glass and for placing cardboard in stacks outside the bins. Man, I hope it really is just throw it all in the bin!
We just moved to the Silverado Ranch area of Vegas and I wondered the same thing. I called and was reassured to just put everything together regardless of the color of the bin.

We just received a flyer in the mail telling us we will be getting the two 96 gal bins delivered to our area shortly. These little bins don't hold much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas