U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 12:47 PM

2,967 posts, read 4,806,055 times

Advertisements

Call Child Protective Services. Every state has a similar program.

I had a similar problem and the single-parent mom and all her kids were gone in a month.

In NV, try this link: Nevada's Child Welfare and Child Protective Services
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2017, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Tell the neighbors you've been having problems with birds on the wall pooping in your yard so you're applying this to the top of the wall. Let them deal with the mess if they let the kids continue playing there.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000MXJH72..._t1_B000BOC4MW
This stuff is cruel. The birds get stuck in it and can't get out of it. It's a very slow death for a bird.

Old 10-07-2017, 01:31 PM

9,959 posts, read 8,454,013 times
I really don't think letting kids play unsupervised in a backyard would be considered child endangerment.

To the OP, is this an HOA development? Is the neighbor an owner or renter? There are several possibilities/issues that would come out of those two questions. If there is an HOA, maybe they can lean on the owner (either the women or her landlord) to deal with the situation. If she rents, maybe you could find and go directly to the owner, and see if they'll do anything about it. If there isn't an HOA, you could put up a stockade fence above the line of the current wall, to block the kids out (an HOA may not allow that.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
Call Child Protective Services. Every state has a similar program.

I had a similar problem and the single-parent mom and all her kids were gone in a month.

In NV, try this link: Nevada's Child Welfare and Child Protective Services

Old 10-07-2017, 01:31 PM

3,319 posts, read 5,316,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
This stuff is cruel. The birds get stuck in it and can't get out of it. It's a very slow death for a bird.
That's actually not the case, it actually just makes the surface not something they want to land on so they avoid the area.

Old 10-07-2017, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
I really don't think letting kids play unsupervised in a backyard would be considered child endangerment.

To the OP, is this an HOA development? Is the neighbor an owner or renter? There are several possibilities/issues that would come out of those two questions. If there is an HOA, maybe they can lean on the owner (either the women or her landlord) to deal with the situation. If she rents, maybe you could find and go directly to the owner, and see if they'll do anything about it. If there isn't an HOA, you could put up a stockade fence above the line of the current wall, to block the kids out (an HOA may not allow that.)
In our case there was no HOA involved. The unsupervised kids just climbed our fence and played in the street. Dodging and boucing off passing cars. The part-time mom and her landlord did nothing. When I showed CPS my videos, the whole family was gone in a month.

Old 10-07-2017, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
That's actually not the case, it actually just makes the surface not something they want to land on so they avoid the area.
It's a little hard for a bird to try a glued area. When they land, they're stuck. I won't use the stuff anymore.

Old 10-07-2017, 05:31 PM

In this case I have absolutely no reason to believe my neighbor is actually neglecting the kids. Infact she appears to be very good with them when they are interacting with her. They just seem oblivious that not everyone may be as charmed by their children as they are. I'm pleased to see kids playing rather than sitting in front of a TV but they aren't old enough to be unsupervised based on their behavior. And I mean I got up to see what my DOGS were up to...I at least would think a parent would have at least that much of a response.

Thank you for the suggestions.
It appears the husband is out of town, so I will wait and speak to him when gets home. Cameras will be going up tomorrow.

Old 10-07-2017, 05:33 PM

26,911 posts, read 38,161,464 times
Two very good ideas.

Old 10-07-2017, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickydim View Post
repeller spikes for cats, pigeons, and KIDS. Plastic, non injuring, just a big pain to deal with.
Great idea, no way would this fly with the hoa though lol

Old 10-11-2017, 01:14 PM

11,583 posts, read 22,689,426 times
you definitely need the cameras, I can imagine the kid falling off the wall into your side and then a lawsuit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas