U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 08:29 AM

673 posts, read 237,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachhead View Post
I used to live near L.A., and our gps apps work just as well here as they do there. We use waze all the time. (iphone and att) It is odd that you have two different phones doing the same thing.
Exactly. We are driving and go back and forth from mine to his. Different cells but both android. He bought his from t mobile. I always get mine for less on ebay. They say you may have glitches when doing this but I never did in LA.
Our apps are jumping turn right no left no right. And we go extra miles. I think I need to buy a map and just get to know that. It seems it keeps trying to take us to dead-end streets or many unnecessary back streets. That works well for LA b/c the freeways don't usually move. But here I'd like to use freeways more.

Is T mobile not popular here? So far, I am hearing from the few here, att & verizon.
An example:
we basically live on W Flamingo and Buffalo. We wanted to go to Walkers main furniture show room on MLK BLVD. The apps jumped nonstop and took us in circles on to tiny streets.
On the way back we figured it out on our own or maybe the app worked -- all I recall is using the freeway home and it was very simple.
But it seems it always wants us to exit Tropicana. Isn't there always a W. Flamingo exit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2017, 08:42 AM

10,700 posts, read 3,742,867 times
One quick thing to check. Go to settings on your device and select location. Check the mode. Should be on high accuracy.

Old 10-17-2017, 08:50 AM

Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
One quick thing to check. Go to settings on your device and select location. Check the mode. Should be on high accuracy.
You are saying there is a deeper location placed in the settings? Location w androids is always on top of phone next to a choice for Bluetooth, mute, wifi, screen rotation, multi-window, et. Thank you.

Old 10-17-2017, 08:52 AM

Found it, it does say high accuracy.

Old 10-17-2017, 08:58 AM

1,827 posts, read 1,263,815 times
If none of the above works try resetting the carrier network / network connection

You will need to Google your own phone on how to do that

Maybe:
https://www.verizonwireless.com/supp...e-base-204378/

https://support.sprint.com/support/t...-dvc8450008prd

Old 10-17-2017, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
If none of the above works try resetting the carrier network / network connection

You will need to Google your own phone on how to do that

Maybe:
https://www.verizonwireless.com/supp...e-base-204378/

https://support.sprint.com/support/t...-dvc8450008prd
Will do. Thanks. Just un-installed waze. Reinstalled. Will see what happens next in car.

Old 10-17-2017, 09:25 AM

1,681 posts, read 3,044,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_me View Post
we basically live on W Flamingo and Buffalo. We wanted to go to Walkers main furniture show room on MLK BLVD. The apps jumped nonstop and took us in circles on to tiny streets.
On the way back we figured it out on our own or maybe the app worked -- all I recall is using the freeway home and it was very simple.
There is a lot of construction and subsequent traffic jams on the freeway near MLK. I have noticed weird routing occasionally in that area lately specifically due to trying to route around traffic and dealing with the construction closures in that area.

Old 10-17-2017, 09:46 AM

1,531 posts, read 541,094 times
We use Waze. Always worked fine everywhere we traveled. Good luck

Old 10-17-2017, 09:57 AM

772 posts, read 1,490,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_me View Post
Is T mobile not popular here? So far, I am hearing from the few here, att & verizon.
My definition of "good service" will be different than yours and is largely dependent on what you're used to. I gave T-Mobile a try last fall and started to regret it within an hour of walking out the door. Almost immediately, we started to experience dropped calls and poor data connections/no service in many areas of town that we never had before. TMO was willing to give us a signal booster to get better service at home, but that doesn't help when we're at the mall, school, or wherever else we frequent. In the end, I was so frustrated that I ended up paying off three "free" iPhones in full just to get out of the contract and went crawling back to AT&T after 3 weeks. TMO's low rates and other freebies aren't worth the aggravation in my opinion. As always, YMMV.

Old 10-17-2017, 09:58 AM

26,888 posts, read 38,133,169 times
Wild idea that probably has nothing to do with it, but... If WiFi is on, turn it off. if it's off, turn it on.

We find that setting affects a lot more than it should on our phones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or