U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-28-2017, 06:31 PM
 
272 posts, read 136,650 times
Reputation: 178

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atruji79 View Post
Yeah,...looking at that twitter, I'm not sure I would believe anything that conspiracy nut. It looks like he believes absolutely nothing. How does one live like that?

As for those saying there was more than one shooting, unless you saw an actual shooter yourself, it's hurtful to those who were hurt or killed by the ONE lunatic. So far anyone I've met who was there have said they all thought it was fireworks, no one in their right mind thought it would be a shooter. None of them saw another shooter, nor feel like they are on a gag order.
I'm not discrediting their feelings on the situation but I would point out that gunfire that does not occur directly next to you may seem, to the layman, to sound exactly like firecrackers. However, there are distinct differences in the patterns of those noises as well as the sonic booms that occur after the firecracker noises produced by real guns versus actual firecrackers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-28-2017, 07:33 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, NV.
673 posts, read 238,090 times
Reputation: 734
Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
Im pretty sure I have hoofed it between Bellagio and Luxor in about 15 mins before, but I know exactly where all the trams, exits, and overpasses are to get there

I will need to take a look. Did this guy post footage? Is it the same footage of the strange police formation walking across the gaming floor at Tropicana, where 2 guys peel off the formation at the end, and one of the guys wearing what appears to be a police uniform has a Mohawk? This is Las Vegas so really it could be nothing but something has always struck me as odd about that particular footage. It doesn't appear to be a typical tactical response and the uniforms do not appear typical of what Metro would wear.
No, not that footage. Scott isn't the fastest putting it together b/c it seems he is alone. I heard a lengthy interview w Kevin (security from TROP) and Scott Bisnack is putting the video footage together for us. Hopefully today or tomorrow available. Not the one scene from above we all saw. New.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2017, 09:10 PM
 
272 posts, read 136,650 times
Reputation: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_me View Post
No, not that footage. Scott isn't the fastest putting it together b/c it seems he is alone. I heard a lengthy interview w Kevin (security from TROP) and Scott Bisnack is putting the video footage together for us. Hopefully today or tomorrow available. Not the one scene from above we all saw. New.
I am very interested in reviewing this footage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2017, 10:26 PM
 
27 posts, read 15,041 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_me View Post
No, not that footage. Scott isn't the fastest putting it together b/c it seems he is alone. I heard a lengthy interview w Kevin (security from TROP) and Scott Bisnack is putting the video footage together for us. Hopefully today or tomorrow available. Not the one scene from above we all saw. New.
Sooo, I was actually at a party today, you know, just a kids birthday party. A lovely lady I met has a husband who went down there because he is DA. There were no other shootings. He's on the investigative team, and she told me everything they know so far. There were no other shootings at other hotels. They know the timeline of what happened, they are just getting it neat for public.

I have no idea why people are always believing they are being lied to. She was saying her husband said the shots that sounded like they were coming from all over, were the ricocheted shots off the gas tanks. It echoed off everything, and the actual bullets went left and right down into the crowd. That ******* had a plan, and luckily his plan did not succeed. They will come out with the real full story soon. There were no other shots fired at other hotels. He's the DA, and they would be searching those people to arrest them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2017, 10:33 PM
 
27 posts, read 15,041 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
I'm not discrediting their feelings on the situation but I would point out that gunfire that does not occur directly next to you may seem, to the layman, to sound exactly like firecrackers. However, there are distinct differences in the patterns of those noises as well as the sonic booms that occur after the firecracker noises produced by real guns versus actual firecrackers.
As for this reply. No one, in their right mind, would assume they are hearing gun shots. I've been to chinese new year in a city, and those little firecrackers they light off sound just like gun shots.

The security officer who was shot, was sent up there only because there was a door open between two rooms. There was a family across the hall who had two rooms, and left the door between the rooms open because they had kids. There is a security protocol that they check on those doors. That's when he noticed the barricaded stairwell door, and thought he heard drilling, but really didn't think much about it. Only because he was shot, was he aware that there was something going on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2017, 10:44 PM
 
272 posts, read 136,650 times
Reputation: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by atruji79 View Post
Sooo, I was actually at a party today, you know, just a kids birthday party. A lovely lady I met has a husband who went down there because he is DA. There were no other shootings. He's on the investigative team, and she told me everything they know so far. There were no other shootings at other hotels. They know the timeline of what happened, they are just getting it neat for public.

I have no idea why people are always believing they are being lied to. She was saying her husband said the shots that sounded like they were coming from all over, were the ricocheted shots off the gas tanks. It echoed off everything, and the actual bullets went left and right down into the crowd. That ******* had a plan, and luckily his plan did not succeed. They will come out with the real full story soon. There were no other shots fired at other hotels. He's the DA, and they would be searching those people to arrest them.
Who is the DAs name, then. Why wait so long "to get everything neat for the public." Why wait so long to "come out with the full story soon?"

I would believe you, but frankly, these people are required by law to divulge this information when they get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2017, 10:45 PM
 
272 posts, read 136,650 times
Reputation: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by atruji79 View Post
As for this reply. No one, in their right mind, would assume they are hearing gun shots. I've been to chinese new year in a city, and those little firecrackers they light off sound just like gun shots.

The security officer who was shot, was sent up there only because there was a door open between two rooms. There was a family across the hall who had two rooms, and left the door between the rooms open because they had kids. There is a security protocol that they check on those doors. That's when he noticed the barricaded stairwell door, and thought he heard drilling, but really didn't think much about it. Only because he was shot, was he aware that there was something going on.
What is your point? What does this have to do with firecracker sounds and the people who heard them? How do the sounds of machine guns equate to drilling sounds?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2017, 10:49 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, NV.
673 posts, read 238,090 times
Reputation: 734
Default the sky is green

Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
Who is the DAs name, then. Why wait so long "to get everything neat for the public." Why wait so long to "come out with the full story soon?"

I would believe you, but frankly, these people are required by law to divulge this information when they get it.
Exactly.
FYI. I have a friend (off duty cop & Marine) who was at the show. Covered ten dead bodies - helped others before he got sent to the basement of his hotel. I won't ask him a thing about what happened. B/c I know he is INSIDE the system. Brain not wired to ever think outside the system. Just like your DA friend is IN the system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2017, 10:52 PM
 
272 posts, read 136,650 times
Reputation: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
What is your point? What does this have to do with firecracker sounds and the people who heard them? How do the sounds of machine guns equate to drilling sounds?
Furthermore, I challenge you to find any videos of shooting sounds from AK-47s... AR15s... M249s... or any other machine guns that sound like drilling sounds....


Where? When? Why? No machine guns sound like drilling. What was this drilling and where was it happening and why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2017, 11:08 PM
 
27 posts, read 15,041 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_me View Post
Exactly.
FYI. I have a friend (off duty cop & Marine) who was at the show. Covered ten dead bodies - helped others before he got sent to the basement of his hotel. I won't ask him a thing about what happened. B/c I know he is INSIDE the system. Brain not wired to ever think outside the system. Just like your DA friend is IN the system.
What is this "inside system", and what are they all about? I know they live on neighborhood over, and I never got her name, or her husbands. But when we go wine tasting next week, i'll let you know.

I have cousins who are cops, in general, and they are all conservative guys who love their rights and their guns, and they are not "in a system", and never have talked about one. Is it an oath all law enforcement takes? Who isn't IN the system? Are they in the illumanati? I never get these schemes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top