Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2017, 08:44 AM

1 posts, read 862 times

Advertisements

my business ideal please let me know if you have any input on my ideal.

http://shousesmaintenance.wixsite.com/mysite-1

i have worked in home repairs all my life, i was the maintenance supervisor for a property management comp. for 5 years.. started off as the painters 4 months later i got the supervisor job.
i ran 12 apartments complexs and 250 houses.
The first of this year i stopped being the supervisor and started subbing out all the work, picked up another property mang. comp. and have owners of rental property using an app to put in work orders.

please check out my website and if you have any input on adding other areas or removing them... do you think this ideal has the right stuff to take off and do very well.

http://shousesmaintenance.wixsite.com/mysite-1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2017, 10:55 AM

1,410 posts, read 3,319,508 times
Factor in the cost of getting bonded and having a business license because those are things you must do out here. Those are both things anyone hiring you or your business will expect to see.

Old 11-02-2017, 09:54 PM

294 posts, read 236,197 times
I am an internet marketer and run some quite successful online businesses. In regards to your website:

1. Having a free wixsite is really a minimum solution that shows everyone that you invested close to nothing
into your own business. Doing this can only be the very first step. Later on, get a nice .com domain and host
just a little bit more expensive theme. You can get such websites done under 200$ and they will look professional.

2. The main navigation should have your contact details. Address, Phone and email as well as online contact form.
To put in work order click link below is not a good way to make a "contact us". Having some parts of this on homepage is not the way to go.

3. Include sample prices of your hourly rates or how you will do pricing. There are a trillion of people offering the same service as you. Stand out and tell the people how much they should expect to be charged for the service they are looking for.

4. Add your Unique Selling Points. Make 3 to 5 bullet points on your homepage, telling the customer why you are the best.

Could be:

Why hire us?

. Reason 1
. Reason 2
. Reason 3

Or

Why we are the best?

Tell the people why they NEED YOU, and why you are BETTER than the rest.

3 items count most:
1. Price (tell them what to expect)
2. Quality (tell them what standard you will follow)
3. Reliability (tell them why they can count on you)

Good luck!

Old 11-03-2017, 12:24 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
Another thing you can do is a coupon of some sort. An introductory offer.

You have a free sales force out there if you care to use them. Realtors. If the business were mine I would spend a day per week going to real estate offices. After I covered them I would start with the HOA's for some of the larger developments. Next I would visit property management companies.

I would also offer a 2% rebate for all customers who are willing to post a review of your business. Or a gift of some kind.

I agree WIX sites look cheap and if your online presence is going to be your big sales tool, it needs to be more impressive. Take a long hard look at your competitor's sites.

I met a man a few months ago and I hired him to build a custom kennel for my dogs. More like a piece of furniture. He was making money hand over fist and he had a 3 month waiting list. He ended up going out of business because he almost worked himself to death. I never did get that dog kennel! And it's a shame because it would have let me reclaim a whole bedroom in my house. It's my own fault because he was a nice guy, I helped him with his marketing efforts and I think I hurt my own cause in the process!

Use FB too! And CL! Nextdoor is a great tool as well. What's particularly good about that one is you can target specific areas.

If you do good work at a fair price, show up when you say you will, and treat your customers well, you will be successful. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas