U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 04:10 AM

13,482 posts, read 9,610,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Just be aware - you repaint cabnets and apply some finish to that concrete, you MIGHT find yourself in court for additional damages after your move out. With all due respect, what you think is "better" usually isn't - and if those are stained cabinets, returning them to stained is likely going to be impossible, and you could well be on the hook for replacing the cabinets and a sandblast/refinish of the patio.

Sorry - but you are the poster child for landlord's that complain about tenants that destroy property values, IMO.
They are cheap veneer, over MDF. I wouldn't paint over hard wood. Are you crazy? And they rip them out all the time. These also have water damage. Take me to court? Bwahaha. First of all, the maintenance people here love me. Second, well, I will keep that one to myself. Just wait for the before and after pictures and give me an honest opinion about " damages "
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2017, 12:17 PM

202 posts, read 292,097 times
Default Gold

Hey NLV gal,

The cabinets are made of gold, as is the rest of the place. How dare you

Seriously, though, don't do it. It is their property and they can be as delusional and self righteous as they like about it. OTOH, they'll probably find some other reason to keep your deposit. Nah, it's not worth it.

Just got a call from the PM. Since I am still feeling irrational on the subject, I let it go to message. I was delighted to hear he was out of town and had a good Thanksgiving and that he got my husband's message and that everything's great and that we don't have to do anything and that's great and we're just all around great.

What I heard was I put a gun to your head and raised your rent $200 with no added value because the owner heard of some other AH who was asking for that and you agreed to pay it because it's the holidays and exhausted because the past year probably was the worst year of my life.

As he said, he did give me an extra two weeks notice - after keeping me hanging for 4 1/2 months after the lease was up wondering what was happening. Told me everything was fine, go ahead and make that expensive and hard to move purchase. And then suddenly decides now. He's a great guy and everything's great.

I hope your adventures in renting turn out better than mine.

Cheers (no, too early for a drink.)
lvnyc

Old 11-27-2017, 12:43 PM

13,482 posts, read 9,610,167 times
It's never too early for a drink in Vegas! Cheers! I don't give a fig about my deposit, and they can.. have nice day. I'm not going to look at MDF for thirteen months. This joint will be a model home. I don't have a lot of time left on this planet, and every space I walk into in this domicile will be pleasing to the senses.

You should come over when it's done. I will post pictures for everyone.

Other than improving the joint, I pay my rent on time, have no pets or kids, and treat everyone with kindness and decency. I am willing to pay for what I do. Taking me to court is a funny idea though. Good luck with that.

I did not mean to steal your thread, LVNYC, and I hope this ridiculousness ends up with you owning a beautiful and peaceful home. Hang on!

Last edited by NLVgal; 11-27-2017 at 12:51 PM..

Old 11-27-2017, 12:52 PM

202 posts, read 292,097 times
Talking Bold

I'd love to see it. Message me when mission accomplished (or sooner)

Edit:
Starting today to pare down our stuff to monk level. Will wait a while until I hire RE agent. After taking care of my mother day and night for seven years, getting both my knees replaced (old accident), and cataracts removed (old me), my mother finally passing away while I was talking to her, sitting next to the bed, more health problems because I had neglected my own health (my turn in the barrel), echh.

Not very organized at this point. Well, I am going to start my mission - getting the hell out of here.

Last edited by lvnyc; 11-27-2017 at 01:01 PM..

Old 12-03-2017, 12:01 PM

2,132 posts, read 2,192,152 times
Sorry to hear that OP. I hope you get better. If you want information on comparables in your neighborhood whenever you decide to move I'd be happy to look them up for you so you can negotiate from a stronger position. Happy holidays.

Old 12-03-2017, 02:03 PM

395 posts, read 250,900 times
Hold just a little bit longer. Itíll be 2008 all over again.

Old 12-03-2017, 05:24 PM

10,756 posts, read 3,759,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soclose View Post
Utterly different. No where near the wild speculation or the vast number of new homes. In fact the price rise is probably more driven today by a scarcity of housing not an excess.

Old 12-03-2017, 11:41 PM

447 posts, read 343,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soclose View Post
How?

Old 12-04-2017, 11:40 AM

2,132 posts, read 2,192,152 times
Anything is possible but it is different. Inflation is higher than it was in mid 2006 so even if the price of housing reaches that level again, it's not the same amount after adjustment for that inflation. Also more of the market has also been outright purchased now so it's not like they will be repoed by a bank. We have a good percentage of buyers buying all cash so it seems Vegas is still a destination for people wanting to retire a few years early. Also banks will not allow what happened in 2006 to repeat, they have learned from that time. They'd rather restructure delinquent mortgages than flood the market and sell a house and take a bath for 50%+ of the loan amount. For the delinquent mortgages that are just serviceable, they'll release them slowly instead of flooding their own market.

Old 12-06-2017, 02:35 PM

126 posts, read 132,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Utterly different. No where near the wild speculation or the vast number of new homes. In fact the price rise is probably more driven today by a scarcity of housing not an excess.
I agree with this statement. I keep hearing how the prices are climbing and climbing. Unfortunately, I am not in a position to buy anything right now. I should be completely debt free (excluding a house in Salt Lake City) in about 11 months. Then start packing away cash to hopefully build a building somewhere with living quarters on one end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or