Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2017, 03:04 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,666,242 times

Advertisements

Judge orders woman set free after wrongful-conviction claim

Unsure if I've only run across one-sided stories over the years but I can't recall seeing anything compelling that suggested her guilt.

What an unimaginable nightmare.

I hope she is able to move forward in a postitive way with her life.

Edit- the reporting in this link doesn't seem accurate...she spent significantly more than 10 years in prison
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2017, 03:13 PM

625 posts, read 796,736 times
Wow. I hope that she can rehabilitate from what shes been through. I cant imagine

looks like 16 or 17 years in prison.

Old 12-31-2017, 01:51 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,019,975 times
I had to go do some reading on this case. And I still don't understand how this could have happened.

Old 01-04-2018, 06:45 PM

263 posts, read 437,778 times
TWO juries --composed of people like US-- heard the evidence & found her guilty. The argument was successfully made that she didn't have a competent legal defense, not that she was factually innocent of the charges, and due to her already having served most of her sentence for the crime(s) originally convicted of, twice, the prosecutor declined to re-file the charges, though he believes her to be guilty. So she's out, good-luck to her (she'll need it), but let's not start feeling too bad for her...

Any of you bleeding-hearts are welcome to let her temporarily stay in your home...

Old 01-04-2018, 06:51 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieMatic View Post
TWO juries --composed of people like US-- heard the evidence & found her guilty. The argument was successfully made that she didn't have a competent legal defense, not that she was factually innocent of the charges, and due to her already having served most of her sentence for the crime(s) originally convicted of, twice, the prosecutor declined to re-file the charges, though he believes her to be guilty. So she's out, good-luck to her (she'll need it), but let's not start feeling too bad for her...

Any of you bleeding-hearts are welcome to let her temporarily stay in your home...
You are hopelessly misstating the issue. The big problem is she has an excellent case that she was in Panaca when it happened and that did not get to the jury. That is a whole lot more than an incompetent legal defense claim. You dislike the Lady for some reason?

Old 01-04-2018, 08:02 PM

263 posts, read 437,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
You are hopelessly misstating the issue. The big problem is she has an excellent case that she was in Panaca when it happened and that did not get to the jury. That is a whole lot more than an incompetent legal defense claim. You dislike the Lady for some reason?
I stuck to facts of the matter.

Old 01-04-2018, 08:16 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
Quote:
Nonsense. The issue is when the guy died and whether or not she was in Panaca when it happened.

The surface is issue is whether or not she was represented well. But the fact issue is when the guy died.

Old 01-04-2018, 11:22 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
You wouldn't even want to know all the innocent people, who copped Plea Agreements out of fear, in our prisons and jails today.

Compensation for all those years in prison? Oddly, Texas has the highest pay out for those falsely accused, and spent year in prison for nothing.

Anyone know what the compensation is in this state?

If she's talking about opening up a business with her friend, I'm betting she's getting some kind of cash payment from the State. And it would only be fair!

Old 01-05-2018, 07:39 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,666,242 times
Quote:
They had ZERO physical evidence to connect her to the crime scene.

Have you even read the case?

I am sure as anything NOT a bleeding-heart and I do not for a minute believe people are OFTEN wrongly convicted of murder (ESPECIALLY when the accused is a white female teen).

Please share with me the credible evidence of her guilt that I seem to have overlooked.

Old 01-07-2018, 03:06 PM

625 posts, read 796,736 times
Quote:
Lets hear those facts then. Because they prosecuted her on a third hand information and no evidence placed her at the crime scene.

Heres a very long and detailed article to see how it all unfolded.

https://theintercept.com/2015/03/12/murderinvegas/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas