Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2017, 08:08 AM

65 posts, read 51,315 times

Advertisements

Having issue with 2.5 years old Whirlpool dishwasher. Light keep blinking after numerous reset attempts.
Dishwasher was include with KB home purchase and now I'm out of warranty.
Shall I find repairman, if yes, then does anyone know honest repair person, or shall I get new dishwasher?
Any help appreciated.
ps. I searched few websites for trouble shooting tips but none any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2017, 12:23 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,589,552 times
Two ways to look at it. First, unless you upgraded at the time of your home purchase you probably have a whirlpool builder basic model.

That being the case, you might consider spending your money instead on purchasing an upgraded model which would be quieter, more energy efficient, have more insulation, and maybe a stainless steel tub. Builder models usually have a plastic tub which can stain after time. Sears has a Kenmore Elite model #14792 that is the most quiet dishwasher I have ever found. Quieter than Bosch and other high end models. It's still costs about $850 so that might not be what you are looking for. There are many other cheaper models you could find that work well too.

Check Sears outlet and Best Buy outlet. Personally I would stay away from GE and Hotpoint dishwashers. Whirlpool is arguably a better brand usually with their Whirlpool Gold models being relatively inexpensive for a good dishwasher. If you want a new dishwasher go to nexttag.com and look for the best price then get Lowe's, Best Buy, Home Depot, Sears etc. to match it. Most will. Check the noise DB level specs if you buy a new one.

Have you tried turning off the dishwasher at the breaker box and turning it back on not just reset at the dishwasher?

You could have a service call probably cost maybe around $75 and if it's the panel that needs replacing might cost $100 just guessing. But for say $75 you could at least find out what the problem is.

Whatever you do, don't go to Craigslist to find a service repair person. Find someone on this board to give you a referral to someone who knows what they are doing. Hopefully it's an easy fix.

Old 12-30-2017, 01:31 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Have it looked at before you go for new. They should go more than 5 years even the cheap builder ones.

https://nextdoor.com/topic/17760/

If you are not a nextdoor member here are the top few...

High Quality Service Inc2
9633 Crimson Ave, Las Vegas

Apex Repair Services LLC.1
9030 W Cheyenne Ave, Las Vegas

Goods Appliance Repair1
Las Vegas, NV

High Quality Service Inc1
Henderson, NV

Old 12-30-2017, 03:52 PM

Thanks everyone. Sound like need for honest repair person to check thing out. Does anyone know someone?
Definitely will call few from previous post.

Old 12-30-2017, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packrat1 View Post
Two ways to look at it. First, unless you upgraded at the time of your home purchase you probably have a whirlpool builder basic model.

That being the case, you might consider spending your money instead on purchasing an upgraded model which would be quieter, more energy efficient, have more insulation, and maybe a stainless steel tub. Builder models usually have a plastic tub which can stain after time. Sears has a Kenmore Elite model #14792 that is the most quiet dishwasher I have ever found. Quieter than Bosch and other high end models. It's still costs about $850 so that might not be what you are looking for. There are many other cheaper models you could find that work well too.

Check Sears outlet and Best Buy outlet. Personally I would stay away from GE and Hotpoint dishwashers. Whirlpool is arguably a better brand usually with their Whirlpool Gold models being relatively inexpensive for a good dishwasher. If you want a new dishwasher go to nexttag.com and look for the best price then get Lowe's, Best Buy, Home Depot, Sears etc. to match it. Most will. Check the noise DB level specs if you buy a new one.

Have you tried turning off the dishwasher at the breaker box and turning it back on not just reset at the dishwasher?

You could have a service call probably cost maybe around $75 and if it's the panel that needs replacing might cost $100 just guessing. But for say $75 you could at least find out what the problem is.

Whatever you do, don't go to Craigslist to find a service repair person. Find someone on this board to give you a referral to someone who knows what they are doing. Hopefully it's an easy fix.
Packrat1—you being very helpful. Appreciate your time. Happy New Year everyone.

Old 01-01-2018, 09:46 AM

45 posts, read 61,846 times
I have Sears Home Services fix my appliances. The cost seems reasonable and the repairers are skilled and professional. If for any reason something needs adjusting or re-fixing, you have 60 days to call them back out at their expense (only parts charges if needed). I've had very good service from them over the last 3-4 years. Check the website, as they frequently offer excellent discounts. They repair all brands and models, too. Scheduling by phone is super fast and easy. Good luck!

Old 01-02-2018, 11:52 AM

3,683 posts, read 9,861,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packrat1 View Post
That Kenmore dishwasher you have is made by Kitchenaid (I recognize the controls and filter in the bottom of the tub). I own a very similar model from Kitchenaid rated at 39db (same as yours) and you need to spend $2000 on a Bosch Benchmark (and you won't find it sold in the big box stores) or $2500 on a Miele to get anything quieter. An $850 Bosch 800 series dishwasher is about 5db louder. Bosch reliability is better than Kitchenaid though, but some of that is due to fewer parts in a Bosch compared to older Kitchenaids ("Euro" style dishwashers don't have food grinders or heated dry).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas