Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 05:41 AM

160 posts, read 174,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
I could have done the beach bit when I moved to Las Vegas. But we had already decided that we did not want to live as close as three miles or so we were from the beach. The weather sucks is the problem. The beaches of CA are lee shores. You generally don't want to live on a lee shore. Lousy weather. If we had stayed in CA we would have likely gone to inland San Diego county.

NLV has very nice places. Aliante for example and the whole area between say Camino el Norte and Decatur. Perfectly livable nice neighborhood. And there is s very nice new area by the VA Hospital.
I'm familiar wit inland Sand Diego County... Julian is a charming little town, though not many places to "live." If you're ever around there, get one of those whopping handmade pies ! Plus, Lake Cuyamaca is gorgeous any time of the year. Cleveland National Forest is an excellent backdrop for inland San Diego County. I've seen Decatur area of NLV...only at night though.

Old 01-20-2018, 05:43 AM

Default Have you been up there LATELY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hank702 View Post
This wasn't directed at me so please forgive me West for stepping on toes, but that area is a 30 + year old commercial area, nobody lives there, and for good reason. IMO a city is where people LIVE, not crappy truck stop on I15.

On a side note while I wouldn't go there now unless I was bleeding to death, bit I used to go there and have breakfast, this was a long time ago before it was a pilot and before it was husky. Nice greasey spoon.
I've seen apartments off of Craig Rd, actually. People do actually live up there. I agree, further in, it IS very commercial. Of course people don't live at crappy truck stops. lol but many locals use them. Nobody is judging the area off of the truck stop alone. I have been "up around in there." It seemed pretty distressed.

Old 01-20-2018, 06:27 AM

261 posts, read 234,972 times
I own houses in the gated Sundance Shadows , Loose/Ann Road. Very quiet, never had any issues, in fact the neighborhood is getting better every year. very mixed now, many owner occupied as opposed to 3 years ago many Section 8. I have my first vacancy in 6 years now, only because they purchased a house. Many military live in Shadows.

Old 01-20-2018, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatpi View Post
I own houses in the gated Sundance Shadows , Loose/Ann Road. Very quiet, never had any issues, in fact the neighborhood is getting better every year. very mixed now, many owner occupied as opposed to 3 years ago many Section 8. I have my first vacancy in 6 years now, only because they purchased a house. Many military live in Shadows.
Wow ! Cool ! Yes, there are plenty of resources for folks to get into houses in LV.

Old 01-20-2018, 11:40 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,116,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunkieFam View Post
You're amused at my post????? The roughness of that part of town is undeniable

Amused at the ignorance displayed and obvious trolling.

Old 01-20-2018, 01:28 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,694,717 times
Very obvious

Old 01-20-2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Amused at the ignorance displayed and obvious trolling.
Ironically, the troll is the individual that jumps into posts hurling insults and engendering discord... That would be you pal, not I. Reassess the definition of 'troll' and then get back at me. Unlike YOU, I benefited from this post from what others had to share and others will as well. You are dismissed.

Old 01-20-2018, 02:00 PM

799 posts, read 708,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunkieFam View Post
Ironically, the troll is the individual that jumps into posts hurling insults and engendering discord... That would be you pal, not I. Reassess the definition of 'troll' and then get back at me. Unlike YOU, I benefited from this post from what others had to share and others will as well. You are dismissed.
Interesting perspective there. I've been around long enough to know EA is one of several of the most helpful people on this section of the forum. He can have a strong opinion, but a "troll" he is not.

Old 01-20-2018, 02:04 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,865,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisSuarez View Post
Name me a city in the US that does not have bad areas
Lake Wobegon, where all the children are above average.

Old 01-20-2018, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyandmisty View Post
lake wobegon, where all the children are above average. :d
😂😂😂😂😂😂👍🏿
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas