Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 09:44 PM

22 posts, read 122,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skugelstadt View Post
Join Nextdoor so you can communicate with your neighbors about this issue
Go to your next HOA meeting and bring your concerns to the board. It helps to have other homeowners who are willing to speak up as well.
I live in an adjacent community and can see that Inspirada has quite a few people on Nextdoor. You should be able to get support
Thank you Skugelstadt - I did just that and already have 33 replys. The next HOA board meeting is this Thursday and quite a few people expressed interest in attending.. I'm not sure what line of argument will be the most effective, but I'm putting together a list of things to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2018, 12:07 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,909,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtexplore View Post
Thank you Skugelstadt - I did just that and already have 33 replys. The next HOA board meeting is this Thursday and quite a few people expressed interest in attending.. I'm not sure what line of argument will be the most effective, but I'm putting together a list of things to say.
I would point out that the materials used by the city to pave the streets is out of the control of the homeowners, and ask the board to contact the city (I imagine your management company would most likely do this) and complain. Maybe it was a bad batch of sealant. I would also ask the board to consider the burden placed on homeowners to deal with the continual tracking of the driveways. Get enough concerned homeowners and the board might relax their position on the matter.

Last edited by skugelstadt; 01-24-2018 at 12:17 PM..

Old 01-24-2018, 12:21 PM

848 posts, read 648,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtexplore View Post
I would recommend sending an e-mail and requesting the the Board place this item on the agenda for the meeting tomorrow since you are not the only resident with this concern. This also will allow you to comment on the matter at both the beginning and end of the meeting. Otherwise, you typically cannot comment on items which are not on the agenda until the end of the meeting.

Old 01-24-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND_Irish View Post
I would recommend sending an e-mail and requesting the the Board place this item on the agenda for the meeting tomorrow since you are not the only resident with this concern. This also will allow you to comment on the matter at both the beginning and end of the meeting. Otherwise, you typically cannot comment on items which are not on the agenda until the end of the meeting.
Excellent point

Old 01-24-2018, 03:01 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,867,365 times
If possible, call a couple board members ahead of time to talk to them about the issue you wish to discuss at the meeting. Tell them you don't want to blind side them, and that you really are trying to be positive & constructive and seeking for a community-wide solution.

Old 01-24-2018, 03:02 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,867,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
Be careful who you use to seal. Our old home had the valet area concrete like the Bellagio. If you don't get someone good and can prove other jobs they did well, they will screw up your cement.

Get recs and check out their work and licenses.
^^^ This ^^^

That's why I've done my own work as a DIY-er. I know it isn't feasible for everyone, but I'm still spry enough to do it myself.

Old 01-25-2018, 09:11 AM

60 posts, read 45,823 times
There are two HOAs in east Vegas that have done everything short of signed Declarations of War on each other. People ramming each other with cars and stuff. It would be hilarious if it weren't so sad. All governments are toxic even the mini ones.

Old 01-25-2018, 06:56 PM

250 posts, read 229,426 times
I am curious can somebody please verify that the streets in inspirada are in fact dedicated?

Old 01-25-2018, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrimage View Post
There are two HOAs in east Vegas that have done everything short of signed Declarations of War on each other. People ramming each other with cars and stuff. It would be hilarious if it weren't so sad. All governments are toxic even the mini ones.
We’ve had problems with past board members, but our HOA is pretty stable now. We have a neighboring community at war with each other though. I think our next home purchase will not have an HOA. All it takes is a few bruised egos and all hell breaks loose.

Old 01-25-2018, 07:13 PM

848 posts, read 648,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skugelstadt View Post
We’ve had problems with past board members, but our HOA is pretty stable now. We have a neighboring community at war with each other though. I think our next home purchase will not have an HOA. All it takes is a few bruised egos and all hell breaks loose.
Which neighboring community is having issues?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas