U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 02:17 AM

8,781 posts, read 14,680,414 times
Hey Surf, ive lived in Las Vegas for 13 years, does that qualify me as a newbie? I don't think so.
If you don't live in the new part of North Las Vegas, you have no idea how it really is. Get a grip and realize the stigma is associated with the old part, by Lake Mead/MLK and to the east to !-15.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2008, 11:46 AM

15,380 posts, read 22,117,934 times
I find [after 45 years here and no longer a newbie] that there is a TREMENDOUS difference between North Las Vegas, NV and "Northtown" just as there is between Henderson, NV and "Hooterville"

Old 03-25-2008, 01:30 PM

I am so tired of the wrong information being put out about Aliante and the newer parts of North Las Vegas, versus the old run down crappy NLV(Northtown) that i'm about ready to slap someone.

Old 03-25-2008, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I am so tired of the wrong information being put out about Aliante and the newer parts of North Las Vegas, versus the old run down crappy NLV(Northtown) that i'm about ready to slap someone.
Me FIRST

Old 03-25-2008, 02:19 PM

oops.....I didnt say that did I?

Old 03-25-2008, 05:27 PM

46 posts, read 127,188 times
Quote:
Hey Surf, ive lived in Las Vegas for 13 years, does that qualify me as a newbie? I don't think so.
If you don't live in the new part of North Las Vegas, you have no idea how it really is. Get a grip and realize the stigma is associated with the old part, by Lake Mead/MLK and to the east to !-15.
Dudette relax I don't mean to trash your home. I have lived here all my life except for 6 months freezing my a** off in Chi town. That is 32 years which is more than double what you have been here. So, you may not be a shiny new newbie, but you are still a newbie. Unless you grew up here with all the neg image of North Town and Hooterville you will never get it.

Old 03-25-2008, 05:30 PM

46 posts, read 127,188 times
Quote:
Please explain yourself, where exactly would you like to slap someone, cause maybe we could work something out here??? I am open to suggestions!!!

Old 03-25-2008, 06:11 PM

560 posts, read 1,465,162 times
Maybe enough of us "newbies" will move to North Las Vegas and finally rid it of its undeserved stigma. I, for one, love living in Aliante and you can trash it all you want, we can keep it our nice quiet little secret.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:43 PM

9,436 posts, read 14,284,609 times
i love it in the north

Old 03-25-2008, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfdude View Post
Dudette relax I don't mean to trash your home. I have lived here all my life except for 6 months freezing my a** off in Chi town. That is 32 years which is more than double what you have been here. So, you may not be a shiny new newbie, but you are still a newbie. Unless you grew up here with all the neg image of North Town and Hooterville you will never get it.
First off, I am not a dudette. I am a woman. Big difference.
I've been here long enough to know the difference between old northtown, and newer north las vegas. Like i said, big difference. Quit arguing with me, or the free slapping will begin. However, i think you like it too much, so i'll just let dynimage take my place. Probably not the same with a guy slapping you, huh? lol
I used to visit Las Vegas and old Northtown many years before moving to Las Vegas and then to the north valley at Aliante over 4 years ago.

I absolutely hated going into Northtown to see people living there. It just gave me the creeps even way back then. I don't set foot in it, unless at rare times, accompanied by one or more people during daylight hours.

I still do not get the hooterville connection with Henderson. So it's old, so what. It's not as bad as people think it is. I have a friend that was born in Henderson. She has lived in Las Vegas now for 52 years. Of course she hates all the sprawl and wishes it were back like the old days.
She also knows the difference between northtown and the north valley. And she never once referred to Henderson as Hooterville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas