Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 09:10 AM

109 posts, read 531,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfdude View Post
You newbie's can put whatever spin you want on it. For us natives N Las Vegas will always be a dirty word.
Try to turn a new leaf in your life DUDE, things have changed and you are being left behind.
Aliante is a Great Community to live, we have several families that they regurlary post here and my self and we like it here in the North side.

at least 3 opinions against yours, that says something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 09:44 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,469,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfdude View Post
Dudette relax I don't mean to trash your home. I have lived here all my life except for 6 months freezing my a** off in Chi town. That is 32 years which is more than double what you have been here. So, you may not be a shiny new newbie, but you are still a newbie. Unless you grew up here with all the neg image of North Town and Hooterville you will never get it.
Surfdude, ease up and chill out.

I've been here almost 30 years, and I know all about Hooterville, N'town and every other negative connotation there is for every part of this valley.

Remember when Decatur/Vegas was the boonies, and you could go riding in the desert where Rainbow Blvd is now? Remember when there was no such thing as a place called "Summerlin?"

Well, all that has changed over the years, and so has everyone's thinking. Except yours that is.

Are there bad areas in North Las Vegas...YUP
Are there bad areas in Henderson.... YUP
Are there bad areas in Las Vegas...a big YUP

But there are nice, safe, family friendly areas in all those places too. To completely spew out a negative comment about a whole city (North Las Vegas) is not only incorrect, it's also ignorant.

Things change my friend, and with it, so should your mentality about the valley in which you live.

While we are all entitled to voice our opinion here, why don't you think before you type.

People live in and consider these places "home"...whether you believe the wonderful changes that have occurred to some of these areas over the years is valid or not.

Now, c'mon surfdude, I said I liked your style...remember? But keep up with the times and realize that things here are not the same as they were 25 or more years ago. Don't make negative broad generalizations about places where good folks now live and call home.

Last edited by MomMom; 03-26-2008 at 09:57 AM..

Old 03-26-2008, 11:11 PM

1,365 posts, read 4,469,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
Surfdude, ease up and chill out.

I've been here almost 30 years, and I know all about Hooterville, N'town and every other negative connotation there is for every part of this valley.

Remember when Decatur/Vegas was the boonies, and you could go riding in the desert where Rainbow Blvd is now? Remember when there was no such thing as a place called "Summerlin?"

Well, all that has changed over the years, and so has everyone's thinking. Except yours that is.

Are there bad areas in North Las Vegas...YUP
Are there bad areas in Henderson.... YUP
Are there bad areas in Las Vegas...a big YUP

But there are nice, safe, family friendly areas in all those places too. To completely spew out a negative comment about a whole city (North Las Vegas) is not only incorrect, it's also ignorant.

Things change my friend, and with it, so should your mentality about the valley in which you live.

While we are all entitled to voice our opinion here, why don't you think before you type.

People live in and consider these places "home"...whether you believe the wonderful changes that have occurred to some of these areas over the years is valid or not.

Now, c'mon surfdude, I said I liked your style...remember? But keep up with the times and realize that things here are not the same as they were 25 or more years ago. Don't make negative broad generalizations about places where good folks now live and call home.

Good Going!!! I hate that people bash all of North Las Vegas and sadly they don't even live here!!! Lived in this area of town for about 7 years, and love it.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:05 PM

150 posts, read 635,901 times
Arbor View is a great school. However I do agree with olecapt of the old adage never to but the most expensive house in the neighborhood.

Anyone who has lived here since Aliante went in knows the problems they have had with NLV police responding to them .

Unfortunately, as they say, perception is reality and NLV is still perceived by most as not as good an area to live. that is why even before the current foreclosure crisis you could get the same houses sold by the same builder in another part of town cheaper in Aliante.

When a builder sells the same size house for less, it is usually a perceived reflection on the value of the area.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:29 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,273,923 times
Actually anywhere you live in town you get a long wait time for the police to respond to calls. Unless there is a murder in progress, they will get there fast. But for the lesser crimes of burglary, car theft, nuisances, it can take hours anywhere you live in the entire valley to get someone to respond.

Those of us who live in the newer north valley actually like the fact that homes cost less here than say overpriced Summerlin. If you look at crime statistics for Summerlin, there are more burglaries, robberies, car thefts and a few other things there than over here. Probably because theives think they will get more for their 'money' by robbing from people they feel have more stuff than us peons here in good old NLV.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:06 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,184,186 times
Don't get carried away. The far NW is cheaper than Aliante and in the City of Las Vegas. Convenience to the strip is probably more the parameter than which city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas