U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 10:47 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,527,013 times

Advertisements

Buy a sound machine, sell the house in 6 months, profit.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2018, 10:48 PM

18,058 posts, read 9,083,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin1 View Post
Thanks again for your sage advice. When I get unpacked, it's time to start dealing with this nightmare.
Yeah sorry about that. i would consider it probably a disclosable matter. But you can get into arms length deals where the owner and the agent don't know about it. There is a general item on the Sellers Real Property Disclosure that should have been marked if they knew.

Old 03-08-2018, 10:55 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,836,998 times
Is the realtor really under any obligation to research this for you? Isn't this your job as part of your due diligence period?

Realistically, if there is no law again having "TGSS" in that area then there is nothing to stop your next house from not having a TGSS next door and then a month later they sell and a different TGSS moves in.

That said, I would call Animal Control and see what complaint resolution options they offer. In Henderson it's a complex multi step process where animal control visits them first and then ultimately if you continue to have problems, Henderson will pursue them in court but only if you can produce affidavits from additional two neighbors who agree the barking is beyond reasonable. That's Henderson though, probably different in Clark County.

Most of my friends and family (and myself) have had an issue with incessantly barking dogs at some point in the past. The best defense seems to be to live in a strict HOA area.

Quote:
I'm very upset with the realtor. I saw "The German Shepherd Store" on Google Maps and asked specifically to have it checked out. Told her barking dogs would be a deal breaker. Tried calling TGSS multiple times, no answer. Web site mentions a breeder but no info, intentionally under the radar, won't answer phone calls, no links, address etc.

If I can't win the barking dogs issue, I'm in for a fight with the realtor. I can't live next to barking dogs 24/7. I really don't know how anyone on this street can. There are four houses that back up to his property and the incessant dog barking.

I did find this: https://pets.thenest.com/nevada-law-...dogs-4430.html

What do you think the chances are of getting this resolved in favor of sanity?

Old 03-08-2018, 11:10 PM

18,058 posts, read 9,083,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieJeff View Post
Is the realtor really under any obligation to research this for you? Isn't this your job as part of your due diligence period?

Realistically, if there is no law again having "TGSS" in that area then there is nothing to stop your next house from not having a TGSS next door and then a month later they sell and a different TGSS moves in.

That said, I would call Animal Control and see what complaint resolution options they offer. In Henderson it's a complex multi step process where animal control visits them first and then ultimately if you continue to have problems, Henderson will pursue them in court but only if you can produce affidavits from additional two neighbors who agree the barking is beyond reasonable. That's Henderson though, probably different in Clark County.

Most of my friends and family (and myself) have had an issue with incessantly barking dogs at some point in the past. The best defense seems to be to live in a strict HOA area.
This gets tricky. In this case the agent or seller would have a duty to disclose if they knew. And the split jurisdiction makes it more complex and the hard rural zoning may make it impossible. Clark County does have a barking dog statute but it may not be enforceable in rural zoned areas. I just do not know.

Here is the section of the CC Animal Control Stuff...

Noise Annoyance​
Clark County Animal Control does not accept anonymous noise complaints. Please be advised that a post card will be mailed to the residence of the offending party and both parties will received a letter from the Neighborhood Justice Center for a request for mediation to resolve the complaint. This process is intended to provide for quick resolution. The Neighborhood Justice Center letter should arrive a few days after the postcard is received. Should mediation fail to resolve the problem you will need to contact our office to be provided with a District Attorney's packet in order for the case to be screened for potential prosecution. This process also requires the corroboration of two additional neighbors to process the criminal complaint. All witnesses will need to agree to testify in court.

Number of Pets​
No more than three dogs and three cats (over the age of 3 months) are allowed at one residence without a permit.

Pet Fancier's Permit​
Contact Clark County Animal Control at (702) 455-7710 to set up an appointment to apply for a pet fancier’s permit for cats or dogs, and to schedule an inspection of your property. The permits cost $50 and must be renewed annually. A condition of the permit is to allow a scheduled inspection of your property each year by an Animal Control regulation officer. All dogs or cats must be sterilized to qualify for this permit. The permit allows up to six dogs, one year of age or more, or 10 cats, 8-months-of-age or older. All animals are required to have microchip identification implants with microchip numbers registered with Clark County Animal Control.

Some care though - some of this may not apply with the rural zoning. CC can be strange that way.

Old 03-08-2018, 11:10 PM

1,339 posts, read 1,285,936 times
Our house is in an HOA. His house is on the other side of my back yard concrete block wall. I can look over it and see the dogs.

Old 03-08-2018, 11:25 PM

14,230 posts, read 28,684,383 times
Wait a minute! I had the same problem and I bought one of these. https://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Ultra...7E5OLQ67NVPFZA

After I put it up I rarely heard any barking. It made a big difference. It's a very high pitch that humans can't hear. It trains the dogs not to bark. I put it on the side of my house closest to the yard full of pit bulls. In 2 days there was no more barking.

Old 03-08-2018, 11:27 PM

1,339 posts, read 1,285,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Wait a minute! I had the same problem and I bought one of these. https://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Ultra...7E5OLQ67NVPFZA

After I put it up I rarely heard any barking. It made a big difference. It's a very high pitch that humans can't hear. It trains the dogs not to bark. I put it on the side of my house closest to the yard full of pit bulls. In 2 days there was no more barking.
Please tell me you are serious. I'm willing to try it if you are not joking.

Old 03-09-2018, 12:19 AM

12,890 posts, read 26,613,074 times
Quote:
Unfortunately just bought it. Furniture being delivered tomorrow. Loss will be in realtor commission if I can sell it for what I paid for it. Really don't want to go that route. Not to mention hassle and cost of moving and nowhere to go.

I assume I need an attorney at this point. Got any suggestions?
Wow you’ve been there a short time and you’re mad at the neighbor, mad at the realtor. ...the neighbors aren’t going to side with you. Let it be. Sell the house Glad you’re not my neighbor

Old 03-09-2018, 04:48 AM

22,334 posts, read 26,787,192 times
Having been with Noisefree.org, I was rather shocked to learn that the #1 reason or relocations is due to noise issues. That's probably why that house went up for sale.

And having never forgotten that, I will be most nervous about buying another house.

Old 03-09-2018, 05:37 AM

496 posts, read 332,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post

Too bad they don't have one that works on humans or boom boxes. A number of years ago I contacted a company in Israel, and was told they have a device to neutralize boom boxes, but they can't sell it to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas