Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2018, 08:34 AM

3,941 posts, read 6,720,232 times

Advertisements

Hello all! My wife and I used to visit more frequently years ago when our kids were young. (Remember when Vegas tried to compete with Orlando as a family-fun place?) We are here now and wow, how this place has grown and become more crowded!

Had to get a few personal items and decided to stop by a local Walmart...there were lines at every register! It seemed everyone had the same idea!!! Went to the Freemont Experience last night and it was certainly that!🙂 Last time we were there it was half as populated and crazy. Fun time watching the people and the street performers, though. Going to the Bellagio for a show this evening but gonna spend the day checking out other parts of the city (arts district, etc.).

Even though traffic is increased I still think the roads are decent and like the highway choices to get around and through the place. Did notice more homeless people throughout the city driving around, though.

If any locals see this before we leave (late Sunday) chime in and give me some good suggestions of things to see/do away from the strip. I like to see how the locals live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2018, 09:32 AM

8,144 posts, read 8,335,862 times
Drive around the scenic loop at Red Rock — but get there early to avoid the long lines at the entrance gate. Nice neighborhoods in South Henderson to drive thru in Seven Hills for a peek at local burb housing.

http://www.redrockcanyonlv.org/contact-us/

Old 03-31-2018, 09:55 AM

472 posts, read 377,953 times
Lunch at Downtown Summerlin, it's beautiful and plenty of choices of food or shop.

Dine at Sicilian Ristorante on E. Tropicana

Drop a couple of quarters at the Pinball Hall of Fame.

Walk around Container Park and eat lunch at Fremont East.

Take a walk in Cottonwood Canyon in Summerlin.

Hike up to the top of Lone Mountain early one morning.

Picnic in Floyd Lamb Park next to a lake.

Catch a 51's game at Cashman field(so long as it's not July or August) before they move to Summerlin.

Skate at the new City National Arena Sunday afternoons.

Take a drive to Guano Point (west Grand Canyon) and then zipline a 2000 foot run down a canyon.

Eat and drink at a Timbers all night long while playing video poker at the bar and get a $6 bill at the end for the entire evening.

Go to a Gun Show, we got them every weekend, but make sure you are there for noon when everyone stops and recites the Pledge of Allegiance. Give you goose bumps.

Check out the Air show in November at Nellis(for future reference)

Check the sked at the Speedway and catch some drag racing.(for future reference)

Last edited by nickydim; 03-31-2018 at 10:30 AM..

Old 03-31-2018, 01:45 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,017,781 times
Well, it's Easter weekend, Passover, and Rockabilly so there are probably not too many rooms available and the city is full. You would find it much less crowded when there are no major events and not a holiday weekend.

Since I live here, I usually don't leave the house on holiday weekends. But one of the best and coolest classic cars shows is at the Orleans. I would love to go but there will be big crowds. People from all over drive their classic cars here for Rockabilly.

Old 03-31-2018, 05:05 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,720,232 times
Thank you all for the great suggestions! Yellowsnow, the crowd (myself included) are definitely here for the holiday weekend. I will need to come back on a non-holiday weekend.

nickydim, container park sounds interesting and I think we may go there!

WorldKlas, I enjoy a good drive and wouldn't mind driving the loop and seeing the red rocks, but I think we will try that Sunday morning before the crowds get there. We got started too late this morning. Must have stayed at the Freemont Experience too late!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: