Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 09:24 AM

581 posts, read 456,448 times

Advertisements

I don't get it. These kids are committing armed assaults. Why is nothing being done? I doubt their parents are homeowners, so if they're renting or are on Section 8, boot them the hell out. It's ridiculous that parents have kids who are too scared to go to school thanks to these worthless thugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2018, 09:29 AM

3,049 posts, read 4,546,640 times
Good! Glad these parents are protesting! People shouldn't have to live in fear in their own neighborhoods because other people have kids and refuse to be responsible parents.

I don't buy into the excuse of "kids will be kids" because this is not one of those scenarios! You don't let your kids damage other people's property and inflict physical harm to other people without having taught them the potential consequences of such!

One of these kids is going to end up getting shot, and maybe won't survive.

If you bring kids into the world and don't bother inculcating them with any sense of respect, then you might as well have just gone to Planned Parenthood and spared the rest of society the misery of dealing with your "offspring".

Old 05-23-2018, 09:32 AM

581 posts, read 456,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post

If you bring kids into the world and don't bother inculcating them with any sense of respect, then you might as well have just gone to Planned Parenthood and spared the rest of society the misery of dealing with your "offspring".
A trip to Planned Parenthood means no government bennies. Much more lucrative to spit out kids and collect monthly checks.

Old 05-23-2018, 10:41 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
The development involved appears to be no where near Escobedo. Half mile or so away. Hence little school interest.

The development appears to be all rentals. So I suspect more a tract problem rather than a school problem.

The interesting thing is the terribly slow police response. 90 minutes is terribly slow for an attack underway.

Old 05-23-2018, 01:24 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,671,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08grad View Post
Far different situation. There's no repercussions if police departments fail to enforce the law. However, anyone working in education with knowledge of child abuse and fails to report is arrested.

This happened in Montville NJ a month ago, where 3 administrators were arrested for failing to report about a "fight club" that was happening on their campus.
This appears to have nothing to do with the campus OR child abuse.

Likely this has to do with parents raising their kids to resent people who have actually put forth effort to make something of their lives.

And on a side note to the person who left me a private comment with their rep...I wasn't suggesting in one of my previous comments that these attacks are not possibly racially motivated, I was saying this is totally unacceptable behavior from ANYONE.

Old 05-24-2018, 05:43 PM

6 posts, read 6,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08grad View Post
Videos like this remind me why I live and work in Henderson.
Yep, no crime in Henderson.

Old 05-24-2018, 09:44 PM

927 posts, read 883,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
This appears to have nothing to do with the campus OR child abuse.

Likely this has to do with parents raising their kids to resent people who have actually put forth effort to make something of their lives.

And on a side note to the person who left me a private comment with their rep...I wasn't suggesting in one of my previous comments that these attacks are not possibly racially motivated, I was saying this is totally unacceptable behavior from ANYONE.
Duh? I was talking about how your analogy of cops not reporting crimes to keep rates low does not apply to schools.

Old 05-25-2018, 04:11 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
You want to stop this almost immediately? Stop reciprocity with Section 8 from out of state and require out of state owner / landlords to pay whatever THEIR state tax is directly to the State of Nevada. Foreign ownership of a non-owner occupied property? That will be thirty percent of property value, please.

All of this new violence happened after the housing crash. I saw it in my own little neighborhood near Aliante where I hadn't locked my doors for 12 years.

I gave up home ownership a couple years ago and now live in an apartment. I know exactly where I'm at. One of those keys I wear on my lanyard? It isn't a key. It's a switchblade. I know at least twenty of you have met me in real life. I look harmless, don't I? I'm not the one, and I'm getting tired of the trash in this valley. If I was the woman jumped, at least one of those kids would have lost an eyeball. At the least.

Old 05-25-2018, 08:15 AM

1,073 posts, read 1,043,681 times
It keeps getting better:

Bikers, church leaders rally after valley mom beaten by middle s - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

Victim's "friend" started a GoFundMe...........

At least it sounds like victim's husband was pulling some of the aggressors off of his wife.

Old 05-25-2018, 08:25 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,867,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
The development involved appears to be no where near Escobedo. Half mile or so away. Hence little school interest.
In my view a half a mile or so away is very much near Escobedo... but that's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
The interesting thing is the terribly slow police response. 90 minutes is terribly slow for an attack underway.
I'd say it is unacceptably slow -- so slow as to warrant an investigation into why it is so slow. We're talking life-or-death scenarios here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas