Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 01:33 PM

245 posts, read 503,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubicle Dweller View Post
Thanks for sharing - sounds like ORHP provides much better service with fewer headaches and is worth the extra cost. I'll look into them when my AHS policy is up for renewal next year unless that 24 year old a/c finally dies in the meantime - unfortunately with AHS my tenants will probably be stuck without a/c for a month while I'm stuck dealing with pushback and delays.
Think twice about Old Republic. You'll typically wait days for a service call (from the most unqualified companies because those are all that will work with them). And then wait days, weeks or months for the problem to finally be fixed.

I had a policy with them for 2 years on a rental property because my real estate broker bought the first year for me when I bought the home. My tenant was really inconvenienced every time something needed a repair. I only bought it for the second year because they kept doing band-aid fixes on the AC and it was sure to finally break down completely within that second year. And it did. As I recall, they would only pay $1500 of the $4000 cost of a new system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2018, 03:58 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
No one will insure the AC only and many are a $1500 max payout on AC. And here that's a drop in the bucket. I even asked my insurance guy and he had nothing better to offer. And they don't guarantee fast service either and in July no way you can live without AC while they dink around.

I am surprised there isn't a local AC company offering this service. But I haven't been able to find them. This might be a very lucrative business. Sure SOME AC units will fail but most won't!

Old 06-21-2018, 05:01 PM

295 posts, read 362,707 times
If you go home warranty path, never consider BFS warranty. It is the worst by far, I tried them for two years and regret it and angry about it.

Old 06-21-2018, 05:19 PM

550 posts, read 637,840 times
I've been with National Home Warranty and they have never ever given me trouble in the 14 years I've had them. They have come out in the middle of the summer 2x to fix our AC in the last 14 years. And they've always sent good people. I'm surprised by the number of troubles people claim to have with their company. I think they charge $400-ish per year including my fridge and washer dryer, dishwasher. Each service call is $65 and I'm happy to pay it. I'm fairly sure everything in my 20yr old house has had a glitch at least twice.

National Home Warranty> They use Residential Service Center to fix most things but also have been using The Appliance Experts for some calls.

Last edited by momofvegasgirls; 06-21-2018 at 05:22 PM.. Reason: Typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: