U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 05:22 PM

56 posts, read 208,352 times

Advertisements

In Minnesota there is a saying that people are "Minnesota Nice" I believe it's supposed to mean- that people in Minnesota are nice. What it really means (any truthful Minnesotian will tell you) is that people will be nice to your face, but they won't always be truthful (to not hurt your feelings). They will, however, be very truthful to others behind your back...
I call this passive agressive.
What are people like in Nevada, in the suburbs- ???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2008, 06:38 PM

1,009 posts, read 3,683,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota is cold View Post
What are people like
A man asked an old farmer about the people in the town up ahead. The old man asked, "What kind of people were in the town you came from?" When he described the people, he was told, "You'll find that same type of people in this town."

Old 03-30-2008, 06:43 PM

697 posts, read 3,071,747 times
I'm sure they are the same way here... if you can get them to even acknowledge your existence.

We don't really have "suburbs" here either. It is either LV, NLV, or Henderson. Green Valley is in Henderson and Summerlin is considered Vegas.

Old 03-30-2008, 07:52 PM

56 posts, read 208,352 times
[color=teal]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjski21;3303094[/COLOR
We don't really have "suburbs" here either. It is either LV, NLV, or Henderson. Green Valley is in Henderson and Summerlin is considered Vegas.
Sorry for the mis-label-- I come from the land of 10,000 lakes and 10,000 suburbs!! It's all I know...

Old 03-30-2008, 09:07 PM

15,370 posts, read 35,176,080 times
we don't seem to have URBS OR SUB URBS here......just desert n city what we DON'T have are mosquitos which makes it just about perfect here

Old 03-30-2008, 10:01 PM

12,238 posts, read 24,033,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjski21 View Post
I'm sure they are the same way here... if you can get them to even acknowledge your existence.
I agree with this, they are nice if they acknowledge your assistance.. just moved into neighborhood, lots of neighbors stopped to introduce, say hi, etc.. except the neighbors closest.. they see us and just keep doing whatever...

Old 03-31-2008, 12:08 AM

10,145 posts, read 22,547,383 times
I think people are nice for the most part. If you say hi, they say hi. Some don't, so you just move on to the next.
I'm one of those types that talk to everyone, everywhere i go. And I am usually the one you hear laughing in the stores all the time.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:45 AM

270 posts, read 798,124 times
Default Passive, Agressive or Passive Agressive

You know what, I've been living in a city with a tremendous racial divide, political corruption and a mind boggling amount of stupidity. There is also a hugh economic gap that is a result of both the race issue and the stupidity (denial, undeserved pride, government gimme mentality, immorality) Did I mention that there's a church on every corner? In a city like this one you keep to yourself and family. The crime is bad and concentrated in the poor areas. People work together but don't befriend one another outside of work. Its very confusing and sad. Here I've kept my head down and just concentrated on family. No real friends except for the ones I've kept in other cities. My long distance billis are high. I meet lots of people and belong to book clubs and committees but ...I used to think it was me but then I've learned how this place operates. I don't think anyplace could be as bad as this. If Vegas doesn't have this horrible type of thing going on its worth giving it a shot. Thats why I'm planning to move to Vegas. It can't be this bad.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:42 PM

What I cannot get used to is the people who just flat refuse to hold a door open. They look right at you and let the door close in your face. Even when your hands are full. It happens all the time. More so when I'm in uniform, but that one makes sense. Everybody here hates cops from what I can gather from my peers. But I try and always hold doors open and I never even get a thank you from anyone. There is a very big "keep to your own" attitude here. I was at a shooting scene the other night where a car just pulled up next to this other one and started shooting, 7 people at the intersection and nobody saw anything. It is sad what we are becoming.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psi2007 View Post
You know what, I've been living in a city with a tremendous racial divide, political corruption and a mind boggling amount of stupidity. There is also a hugh economic gap that is a result of both the race issue and the stupidity (denial, undeserved pride, government gimme mentality, immorality) Did I mention that there's a church on every corner? In a city like this one you keep to yourself and family. The crime is bad and concentrated in the poor areas. People work together but don't befriend one another outside of work. Its very confusing and sad. Here I've kept my head down and just concentrated on family. No real friends except for the ones I've kept in other cities. My long distance billis are high. I meet lots of people and belong to book clubs and committees but ...I used to think it was me but then I've learned how this place operates. I don't think anyplace could be as bad as this. If Vegas doesn't have this horrible type of thing going on its worth giving it a shot. Thats why I'm planning to move to Vegas. It can't be this bad.
WOW! You just described Vegas to a T.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas