Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 01:36 PM

438 posts, read 376,611 times

Advertisements

Mod cut

Remember when you said you were going? Yet here you are....

For the record you have stated in past threads that you are lower income (if you need subsidized housing I'm sorry but you are lower income) and you made it clear that moving to Vegas is so that you have have a higher cost of living due to the fact that you can't even rent on your own in San Francisco. So yes, you have stated and made comments on being lower income at least at this moment.

This is why people question your interest in only living in the more upscale and expensive Summerlin area, your goals seem unrealistic to the people who live in Vegas because they LIVE in Vegas and know better then you when it comes to finding an appropriate job with your background and realistic living opportunities.

Maybe people shouldn't have attacked you so much on your single mother/low income situation, but YOU brought it up and when you rejected advice once people learned about your situation more they figured you just wanted to talk abut what you wanted (and why you deserve it) rather then learn what you can do.

I don't live in Vegas yet, but everyone here has been more then willing to help any and everyone who is real and willing to learn about Vegas to thrive there. You come off as an outsider wanting to take advantage of the low cost but refuse to actually listen and be a part of the people who live and love the city. It probably would just be best for you to stay in San Francisco; you clearly like it there, you have housing, some kind of established income, and simply put you tend to be very insistent that Vegas is something that it isn't. Either take the advice or engage with people civilly when learning about the residents of Vegas telling you the reality or personal observations, but if you just want to fight maybe you should let this thread die?

Last edited by toosie; 08-10-2018 at 04:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2018, 02:01 PM

44 posts, read 66,263 times
Oh yes here I am. I have stated I have a day off and I'm going to respond. I put a lot of my personal information on here which I now regret. I have reported that lady to the moderators and I do wish that they would shut my posts down because you all seem to be taking everything I've said out of context. I get that you're overly sensitive about people from San Francisco and California in general coming to buy overpriced real estate in Las Vegas but please don't Place those projections on to me. My goals are not lofty I never came here to discuss my goals in the first place. I know exactly what I can and cannot afford. I know exactly how good my specific job field is in Las Vegas. I am not questioning or looking to be questioned on my decision to move to Las Vegas. Whenever I have visited there I've had nothing but positive encounters with people from there. So maybe I am missing something about how to communicate myself on the internet. Sorry. However in real life everything except for this forum in regards to my move has been extremely positive.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicfamly5 View Post
Remember when you said you were going? Yet here you are....

For the record you have stated in past threads that you are lower income (if you need subsidized housing I'm sorry but you are lower income) and you made it clear that moving to Vegas is so that you have have a higher cost of living due to the fact that you can't even rent on your own in San Francisco. So yes, you have stated and made comments on being lower income at least at this moment.

This is why people question your interest in only living in the more upscale and expensive Summerlin area, your goals seem unrealistic to the people who live in Vegas because they LIVE in Vegas and know better then you when it comes to finding an appropriate job with your background and realistic living opportunities.

Maybe people shouldn't have attacked you so much on your single mother/low income situation, but YOU brought it up and when you rejected advice once people learned about your situation more they figured you just wanted to talk abut what you wanted (and why you deserve it) rather then learn what you can do.

I don't live in Vegas yet, but everyone here has been more then willing to help any and everyone who is real and willing to learn about Vegas to thrive there. You come off as an outsider wanting to take advantage of the low cost but refuse to actually listen and be a part of the people who live and love the city. It probably would just be best for you to stay in San Francisco; you clearly like it there, you have housing, some kind of established income, and simply put you tend to be very insistent that Vegas is something that it isn't. Either take the advice or engage with people civilly when learning about the residents of Vegas telling you the reality or personal observations, but if you just want to fight maybe you should let this thread die?

Also, in my subsidized housing complex i can make up to 113k per year. But yes we are extremely low income for our area lol.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:22 PM

929 posts, read 399,380 times
Oh this thread is getting ridunkulous lol, you came here asking for information you will get all sides of of it, not just who likes Summerlin. Who cares about Summerlin, It's getting crowded, too congested anywhere you go, too much traffic. How do I know, because I used to go to Summerlin but man it sucks now. Just ask how Costco is like in Summerlin or just reserving a table on a decent restaurant, takes hours. In any case, be an adult and be open to discussions not because you don't like what you are hearing. So come on over, buy a home wherever you like, we are helping you make a better decision or not hahahahhahahahaha

Old 08-10-2018, 02:55 PM

3,683 posts, read 9,860,889 times
I'm not going to wade through this thread to determine if OP is a kook or not. But $117k is considered "low income" for a household of four people in the SF Bay Area, and qualifies for subsidized housing. And if it were not for the cap on percentage increase from 2017, the threshold for "low income" would be $145k.

Bay Area Households Making $117K Now Considered Low Income | Fortune

Old 08-10-2018, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryoVilla View Post
Oh this thread is getting ridunkulous lol, you came here asking for information you will get all sides of of it, not just who likes Summerlin. Who cares about Summerlin, It's getting crowded, too congested anywhere you go, too much traffic. How do I know, because I used to go to Summerlin but man it sucks now. Just ask how Costco is like in Summerlin or just reserving a table on a decent restaurant, takes hours. In any case, be an adult and be open to discussions not because you don't like what you are hearing. So come on over, buy a home wherever you like, we are helping you make a better decision or not hahahahhahahahaha

This is my whole point. I never asked what people think of summerlin. My one and only question was how much higher people thought summerlin home sales prices were going. But i get it. Its a free for all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas