Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 12:13 AM

294 posts, read 236,081 times

Advertisements

Well said LVMensch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2018, 04:02 AM

294 posts, read 236,081 times
https://www.redfin.com/NV/Las-Vegas/.../home/33538688

P.S. housing like this, almost new, around 4000sqf and on a half acre, with pool for 750k.
Looks like a steal to me and just couple of min drive to all of summerlin, and people in summerlin
need to drive to the same shopping for similar duration. Same house on such big plot in summerlin
would cost most properly double.

Old 08-15-2018, 07:33 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,634,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Whoa, back up a bit. Unless you can afford a condo on the strip, or something, do not rule out the Northwest. The East side tends to be the problem. Particularly NE. Go West , young man, Go West. Or go Henderson.

The best time to swim here is after the sun sets. This isn’t like your hometown.
Haha I will consider it! I love the prices... not sure about the neighborhoods, I haven’t seen any developments that I liked so far but that doesn’t mean there won’t be soon. Condos on the Strip are cheap, actually. The only expensive ones are in CityCenter otherwise lots to be found for $300K to $1M. Not what I’m looking for now, though ten years ago that’s what I had planned

Old 08-15-2018, 07:43 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Haha I will consider it! I love the prices... not sure about the neighborhoods, I haven’t seen any developments that I liked so far but that doesn’t mean there won’t be soon. Condos on the Strip are cheap, actually. The only expensive ones are in CityCenter otherwise lots to be found for $300K to $1M. Not what I’m looking for now, though ten years ago that’s what I had planned
Actually don't look in the northwest for a tract. Look for a house. There are nice tracts but they are mostly small. And even the big builders are doing 2,3,4 home tracts.

You might also look at One Queensridge if you want to look at million plus condos. They go past 10 million but there are units in your price range.

Old 08-22-2018, 04:49 PM

28 posts, read 27,355 times
Great information!

Old 08-24-2018, 10:45 PM

Yeah Queensridge is beautiful but I admit to being completely confused by the concept. If I was going to live in a condo I want to be right in the middle of the action on the Strip, not just somewhere else randomly lol. The huge drawback of sharing a pool would need to be made up for by the huge advantage of being right in the heart of the action. But for us condos are not happening, I’ve done that much of my life, I’ll never again be stuck in a condo unless I control the entire top floor where nobody can be doing remodeling work above me at 8 am and ruining my sleep quality / work and life. I saw a condo once with the top floor and a private pool outside with a view of the Strip. It was only like $15M

I will give props to many builders especially Pardee for building a lot more modern quality homes, there are some great looking houses even at cheaper budget levels. Unfortunately there’s still not much on the market for us, but a few Blue Heron homes went for sale on Mystere that looked amazing, just not the right timing.

I’ll be in Vegas in less than two weeks poking around Henderson for a few days and meeting an agent, just a basic meet and greet, then The Strip for fun. Summerlin visit will be later in the year or more likely early 2019.

Old 08-24-2018, 11:08 PM

1,286 posts, read 1,481,880 times
Quote:
I’ll be in Vegas in less than two weeks poking around Henderson for a few days and meeting an agent, just a basic meet and greet, then The Strip for fun. Summerlin visit will be later in the year or more likely early 2019.
You can get to Summerlin in 20-25 minutes coming from Henderson, you might as well go check it out if you're in the area at least. I know you're a Summerlin fan!

Old 08-25-2018, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chahunt View Post
You can get to Summerlin in 20-25 minutes coming from Henderson, you might as well go check it out if you're in the area at least. I know you're a Summerlin fan!
I might check it out but we really want to give each place a real look and this trip isn’t about that (I’m proposing to my girlfriend, shh it’s a secret!), but it just happens my family is in Henderson so I figured let’s stay there for just a day and a half to visit them. When we actually are closer to buying I’d like to spend 3 days or so in potential areas and do just boring normal things like drive to the grocery stores, drive to the nearby movie theater, eat at some average normal restaurants we would be enjoying if we lived there, drive through the neighborhoods and just get a real feel for things.

If we are thinking seriously about a community (which we are with Nova Ridge in The Cliffs village of Summerlin), then maybe visit that area at different times of the day / night, see how it feels, drive around there more, and really do the on the ground research. I am taking the advice I was given on here overall though. I think we are much more picky about the house than the area, so if we find the perfect house for us, I’ll work outwards from that and see what I think about the area. I love Axis in Henderson and that would be my dream house (Wall), but it’s probably going to be sold out too soon and the price is steep. Still I’d consider almost any area but I will not consider North Las Vegas.

Old 08-25-2018, 11:05 PM

241 posts, read 143,336 times
Quote:
I might check it out but we really want to give each place a real look and this trip isn’t about that (I’m proposing to my girlfriend, shh it’s a secret!), but it just happens my family is in Henderson so I figured let’s stay there for just a day and a half to visit them. When we actually are closer to buying I’d like to spend 3 days or so in potential areas and do just boring normal things like drive to the grocery stores, drive to the nearby movie theater, eat at some average normal restaurants we would be enjoying if we lived there, drive through the neighborhoods and just get a real feel for things.

If we are thinking seriously about a community (which we are with Nova Ridge in The Cliffs village of Summerlin), then maybe visit that area at different times of the day / night, see how it feels, drive around there more, and really do the on the ground research. I am taking the advice I was given on here overall though. I think we are much more picky about the house than the area, so if we find the perfect house for us, I’ll work outwards from that and see what I think about the area. I love Axis in Henderson and that would be my dream house (Wall), but it’s probably going to be sold out too soon and the price is steep. Still I’d consider almost any area but I will not consider North Las Vegas.
Man when I was planning my move to the Valley I stumbled into West Henderson and fell in love. Green Valley Ranch is so lush with greenery, it has great shopping, and great restaurants and I love the District and GBR Resort and Spa. Also, if the LB in your name is for Long Beach then fear not, Stephanie St. has every store you ever liked in California all on one street. Then you have the Galleria, Sunset Station, a Water Park, great schools, low cost of living, and some great communities.

Old 08-25-2018, 11:31 PM

927 posts, read 883,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuterion View Post
Man when I was planning my move to the Valley I stumbled into West Henderson and fell in love. Green Valley Ranch is so lush with greenery, it has great shopping, and great restaurants and I love the District and GBR Resort and Spa. Also, if the LB in your name is for Long Beach then fear not, Stephanie St. has every store you ever liked in California all on one street. Then you have the Galleria, Sunset Station, a Water Park, great schools, low cost of living, and some great communities.
Too bad, we're full.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas