Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 02:13 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
What an engaging personality that poster has.
Everyone on this board knows what Steph means when she tells someone to have a nice day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2018, 01:56 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,689,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Everyone on this board knows what Steph means when she tells someone to have a nice day.
Thank you for not telling me to have one. LOL

You know my comment was not directed at you. If it was it would have a different connotation.

Old 09-02-2018, 11:32 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,633,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I am one of those liberal morons you just insulted. I’m liberal / libertarian. You do understand that there are real people behind these screen names, and many of us know each other in real life?

Have a nice day.
There isn’t anything in common between the dumb liberals in charge in CA and libertarians, of which I am one. You’re not a libertarian if you think a state should ban straws, or if you think a state should pass laws requiring company boards to hire women, or if you think a state should tax the heck out of its populace to pay for awful social programs and pointless transit systems. Libertarians believe in personal freedoms and especially the freedom from oppressive governments, of which CA qualifies. You’re not a libertarian, you’re a liberal.

Have a nice day.

Old 09-03-2018, 04:42 PM

19 posts, read 22,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Something from on of our Neighborhood Watch captains.

NWAC is North West Area Command. We are in Sun City Summerlin. Our NW people regularly attend meetings there.

Thanks for those stats. Looks like it's good to have a Neighborhood Watch Group. I will have to look into it.

NWAC will be grateful when that Summerlin station opens since it will probably reduce their coverage zone by maybe...half?

Old 09-03-2018, 08:40 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,029,490 times
Quote:
The middle class in California are doing fine. I'm a middle class Californian and I have no plan to leave this state, even upon retirement.
Enjoy your 64 billion dollar bullet train to Shafter.

Old 09-04-2018, 11:34 AM

3,049 posts, read 4,545,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
There isn’t anything in common between the dumb liberals in charge in CA and libertarians, of which I am one. You’re not a libertarian if you think a state should ban straws, or if you think a state should pass laws requiring company boards to hire women, or if you think a state should tax the heck out of its populace to pay for awful social programs and pointless transit systems. Libertarians believe in personal freedoms and especially the freedom from oppressive governments, of which CA qualifies. You’re not a libertarian, you’re a liberal.

Have a nice day.
Libertarianism is the ideology of 15 year old boys with "anarchy" symbols etched with whiteout on their backpacks.

Old 09-04-2018, 06:53 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,689,558 times
What do you consider quite a few compared to the national average?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteNight View Post
I have been doing a lot of research online regarding crime and Summerlin. I've been there multiple times to check out the residential areas as well as Red Rock, Downtown Summerlin etc. I've noticed (especially on crimemapping.com) that there are quite a few burglaries in Summerlin and more specifically, Summerlin West area.

I also read online that a new police station (#10) will be coming to the 215 and Far Hills Ave. area in Summer or Fall 2019. https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/...for-summerlin/ I assume this will make the area safer since there should be a larger police presence and response time will probably be much quicker. Does anyone know any more info. on station #10?

Anyone have any experience with response times for Police to show up after you call? I have read that the non-emergency line is a joke and takes up to an hour to get someone to respond. I am not really worried about much crime since it is relatively safe there but I am worried about a burglary or robbery. If I am not home, I REALLY don't want my stuff taken. I'm selfish and possessive and don't like my hard earned money or items in the hands of anyone else who doesn't deserve to have them.

Also, does anyone have any information on how these burglaries are happening? Are they breaking windows or prying open doors or breaking through garage doors?

Any feedback or responses are appreciated!
Quote:
Crime in Summerlin South (zip 89135), Nevada

Crime is ranked on a scale of 1 (low crime) to 100 (high crime)
Summerlin South (zip 89135) violent crime is 30.2. (The US average is 31.1)

Summerlin South (zip 89135) property crime is 41.5. (The US average is 38.1)
Quote:
Crime in Las Vegas (zip 89138), Nevada

Crime is ranked on a scale of 1 (low crime) to 100 (high crime)
Las Vegas (zip 89138) violent crime is 21.7. (The US average is 31.1)

Las Vegas (zip 89138) property crime is 24.7. (The US average is 38.1)

Old 09-04-2018, 08:40 PM

615 posts, read 666,030 times
I stayed at a rental on Lake Las Vegas. We woke up in the middle of the night to someone pushing on the french doors trying to gain access. I pushed the doors back to hold them closed and they left.

Old 09-05-2018, 12:57 AM

I don’t think people in Summerlin or any of the better areas need to worry too much about random crime while taking a walk or anything. It’s usually property crimes. Burglary tends to come in clusters and it’s because some crew is working an area. Then the cops bust them. It’s stops for six months and then moves to another area when they all get out on parole.

The gang violence has increased, for sure, so the poorer neighborhoods have become decidedly more unsafe. I can remember when a murder here was a big deal. Nobody raises an eyebrow anymore.

As for 505hp above, how many shots did it take you to stop shaking? It would have taken me half the bottle. How freaking scary. Glad you are okay.

Old 09-05-2018, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post

Have a nice day.
I’m a libertarian liberal. I’ve lived in Nevada my entire adult life. The two ideologies are not mutually exclusive. I like a strong enough EPA to protect my clean environment ( We have enough nuclear waste here, I’ll pass on Yucca Mountain ) AND I like my right to keep and bear arms. See how that works? You’ve never even lived here. Ever. Not for a day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas