U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2018, 05:20 PM

1,863 posts, read 1,285,804 times

Advertisements

I expect mine to come in on Tuesday, maybe Wednesday at the latest, but often it's been Thursday as was the case this week. Unfortunately I missed the $10 off $100 Sprouts gift card, and I normally stock up on those. I blame the lazy person not doing his job properly and delivering the flyers in a timely manner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2018, 07:08 AM

798 posts, read 468,360 times
My brother's a local mailman, as is his brother in law. We often go places together, and naturally "shop talk" is always interesting to listen to between the two of them. From what I understand, there are certain classes of mail that management (not the carriers themselves) can order to be delayed due to the workload of other classes of mail. Seems like a lot of things go into that decision, most common being budget and available carriers to deliver it. And the advertisers mail is in a class that is 'delay-able'. (I guess a trade off for the lower cost to mail?)

Anyway, I haven't talked to my brother for a few days, but I know last week they were pretty drenched with political mailers, which seem to be in the non-delayable class (surprised?) He's also been on forced overtime, which hasn't been the case for a couple years.

So, as a wild guess, I'd think that whatever station you get your mail from (there are many across the valley) was overloaded with mail from the elections, and management decided to delay the ads. Maybe it was a combination of that, staffing shortages, budget, equipment breakdown, etc.

Did you try to ask the store to honor the coupon? I've found stores often will, especially if you have a semi-believeable reason. But please don't blame the poor slub who stuffs your mailbox, and instead shine the light on the incompetent management (from stories I hear, it's not a pretty picture) for their decisions and lack of planning where it belongs.

Old 11-09-2018, 12:22 PM

1,863 posts, read 1,285,804 times
Political ads, makes sense.

What a huge waste of money.

Old 11-09-2018, 02:44 PM

13,465 posts, read 24,291,586 times
I got my flyers late too. On Thursday. I am also positive it was because of all the political crapola that never makes it into my house. I walk directly to the recycle bin!

Old 11-10-2018, 02:00 AM

965 posts, read 1,121,596 times
Mine came today, which is later than usual.

Old 11-10-2018, 05:09 AM

9,714 posts, read 5,698,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachhead View Post
My brother's a local mailman, as is his brother in law. We often go places together, and naturally "shop talk" is always interesting to listen to between the two of them. From what I understand, there are certain classes of mail that management (not the carriers themselves) can order to be delayed due to the workload of other classes of mail. Seems like a lot of things go into that decision, most common being budget and available carriers to deliver it. And the advertisers mail is in a class that is 'delay-able'. (I guess a trade off for the lower cost to mail?)

Anyway, I haven't talked to my brother for a few days, but I know last week they were pretty drenched with political mailers, which seem to be in the non-delayable class (surprised?) He's also been on forced overtime, which hasn't been the case for a couple years.

So, as a wild guess, I'd think that whatever station you get your mail from (there are many across the valley) was overloaded with mail from the elections, and management decided to delay the ads. Maybe it was a combination of that, staffing shortages, budget, equipment breakdown, etc.

Did you try to ask the store to honor the coupon? I've found stores often will, especially if you have a semi-believeable reason. But please don't blame the poor slub who stuffs your mailbox, and instead shine the light on the incompetent management (from stories I hear, it's not a pretty picture) for their decisions and lack of planning where it belongs.
Great insider info! I've noticed mail coming late these last few days and didn't put two and two together with all of the political spam. Now the light bulb went on above my head.

Old Yesterday, 12:58 PM

63 posts, read 59,495 times
Almost all local grocery stores post their ads online. You can just look them up Wednesday morning if your mailers didn't come on Tuesday.

Old Today, 01:51 PM

13,465 posts, read 24,291,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kespen View Post
Almost all local grocery stores post their ads online. You can just look them up Wednesday morning if your mailers didn't come on Tuesday.
Smith's has some great digital coupons this week and turkey is .47 per lb with a $25 purchase. I got 2 of them!

Old Today, 11:04 PM

231 posts, read 150,088 times
letter carrier here,yeah those ads and plenty other non important mail was delayed do to political mail,some of us delivered mail as late as 11 pm the last 2 weeks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or