U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 10:01 PM

10 posts, read 2,862 times

Advertisements

1. The worst drivers I have ever witnessed. I am literally scared to have my babies in my car with me, especially after the sun has gone down. Also- why are the stop lights soooo long?

2. The police and other helicopters are non-stop. I didnít realize I was moving to Iraq.

3. If you donít live in Summerlin or Henderson, locals and especially people on this forum will say itís ghetto.

4. People are slightly friendly. Itís not odd for a person to strike up conversation while waiting in line at the grocery store.

5. We moved here for my husband to work at a restaurant on the strip and the opening keeps getting pushed back. That being said, he is working at local places til it does. He is a hibachi chef, and the tips are a joke. We recently got transferred to a restaurant at the Lakes and his tips dropped by 75% as opposed to the east or ďghettoĒ side of town. People stroll up in Ferrariís and stiff him. What a Joke. How come the majority of Las Vegans (that appear wealthy) donít tip?

6. Now that the hell summer is over, the weather is pleasant and we are enjoying it.

7. Never run out of places to eat or shop- we like that.

8. News stories on the daily displaying pretty heavy crime. We moved from Albuquerque so we are used to that aspect but it almost seems more intense here or atleast many of the crimes seem more brutal and strange.

9. The News is always on. More hours of news than anywhere Iíve lived. Maybe itís making me paranoid.

10. The vibes in general just seem to be low at most places. I think Vegas has a real dark cloud hanging over it. But many nice people as well.

Conclusion: itís not bad enough that I want to pack up and move but we will finish our task and stack money til my kids start school (2 years away) and likely be outta here. Not a forever home but not bad enough to make me run away immediately either. It seems to have a ton of potential but too many criminals and idiots muddying it up. Maybe thatís every where nowadays?

Be the change you want to see. 😘

Old 11-10-2018, 11:50 PM
EA

5,539 posts, read 4,715,556 times
1 They're bad but nowhere near the worst.
2 it's a tourist spot with about 4 million people here on any given day and the airport is real close.
3 I'll take my "ghetto" over Summerlin or methderson any day.
4 Grow a rad beard. That keeps people away. At least for me.
5 You don't get wealthy giving away money.
6 the weather is great here most of the year.
7 Yup
8 I don't have cable and don't watch tv. I recommend doing the same.
9 See number 8
10 I don't think it's a low vibe. Vegas is a hustle town. You have to hustle. They're worn down from hustling but better off than they would be elsewhere.

Get real jobs and you can make real money out here and afford one hell of a good life.

Old 11-11-2018, 07:37 AM

508 posts, read 463,651 times
1. I got rear ended here a few days ago. Yes, bad drivers. However, I got rear ended twice in Florida, worse drivers there.
2. We live in the Northwest. Very quiet and nice. Don't hear much of anything but the wind.
3. I avoid most TV, especially the non-stop news. I DVR a few shows and watch them when I want, FF through commercials.
4. I like the weather here better than the midwest or south east, the two other places I lived. Low humidity, not much rain, no snow is wonderful.
5. I cook at home a lot and don't need to buy much, but enjoy the entertainment options and seeing all the nice high end places here.

Old 11-11-2018, 10:01 AM

1,609 posts, read 881,066 times
You don't know what Hell is until you have spent a Summer in Phoenix....

Old 11-11-2018, 10:29 AM

1,866 posts, read 1,291,840 times
Agree with the really bad drivers. I've seen three people run a red light (really late) right near a school in the past week. Luckily other drivers anticipated it every time and there were no accidents.

Old 11-11-2018, 11:02 AM

132 posts, read 32,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
1 They're bad but nowhere near the worst.
2 it's a tourist spot with about 4 million people here on any given day and the airport is real close.
3 I'll take my "ghetto" over Summerlin or methderson any day.
4 Grow a rad beard. That keeps people away. At least for me.
5 You don't get wealthy giving away money.
6 the weather is great here most of the year.
7 Yup
8 I don't have cable and don't watch tv. I recommend doing the same.
9 See number 8
10 I don't think it's a low vibe. Vegas is a hustle town. You have to hustle. They're worn down from hustling but better off than they would be elsewhere.

Get real jobs and you can make real money out here and afford one hell of a good life.
4 million people a day?

Old 11-11-2018, 11:21 AM
EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander666 View Post
4 million people a day?
3 million live here and we do about a million a week.

Old 11-11-2018, 11:36 AM

Last I heard, population was 2.3 million, and about 150k a day visit. So, a little more than half of 4 mil a day

Old 11-11-2018, 11:38 AM

https://www-reviewjournal-com.cdn.am...ching-2-25m%2F

Old 11-11-2018, 11:41 AM
EA

You're right. I was thinking the whole state population.
But still well over 3 million on any given day is a lot of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas