U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 11:06 PM

27,212 posts, read 38,460,623 times

Advertisements

Old TV cop shows fan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2018, 11:12 PM

223 posts, read 66,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Old TV cop shows fan?

Me? It was a quote from Buckaroo Bonzai.

Old 11-28-2018, 11:28 PM

Um. Dang! I can't remember what it was, but an old TV cop show had a character that said pretty much the same thing. If I had more brain cells I'd remember.

Old 11-29-2018, 12:12 AM

2,469 posts, read 2,535,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richzimme View Post
1. Huge, huge variety of restaurants at very moderate prices
2. Access to fantastic national parks
3. Mix of big city and small town feels
4. True 24-hour town
5. Low taxes, low housing insurance
6. Generally nice people, most are nicely chatty but not too much
7. Surprisingly large numbers of families raising kids there
8. Access to destinations further afield throughout the West
9, McCarran is a high traffic airport with generally good prices
10. Low traffic compared to where I'm from
11. Seemingly endless variety of entertainment options
12. I personally like the idea of legal cannabis though I'm not a user
13. The area has lots of community events going on and some great community centers
14. Easy access to lots of shopping - Love the Fashion Show Mall ( free parking and on the strip)
15. The Strip is kind of exciting, some of the best people watching anywhere
16. Seems like LV will become more than it is now in future years
-----

1. True
2. True
3. True
4. True
5. True
6. Debatable
7. Not suprising
8. True
9. True and McCarran is continually courting foreign airlines. We can now fly to Norway, Sweden, Denmark.... and soon Amsterdam......
10.True
11.True
12.I don't care for it, what have they done with the damn taxes, where is the audit? Now they want druggie lounges. Better stay away from my neighborhood and my families' neighborhood.
13.True Desert Breeze Community Center in Spring Valley is awesome.
14.True
15.True
16.It is definitely changing, improving and learning from mistakes. Many resorts are now advertising NO Resort Fees...

Old 11-29-2018, 01:11 AM

#12 for me is iffy.

I use it for pain. The best medicine for it I've found so far, and I am a proponent. But.

If it's going to be recreational and have a heavy tax then the money should go to the proper places. Mainly education. It's time to fix things for students, schools, and teachers. It's ridiculous that teachers have to buy supplies out of their pocket. Classes should be smaller. Students should not be taught to pass a test. What a dumb way to educate.

Tax the hell out of it, but put the resulting funds in the right hands.

I still think it's better than relying on some guy on a corner selling God knows what.

Old 11-29-2018, 01:47 AM

720 posts, read 483,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
and I agree on the Walmart closing early, very dumb.... but my wife worked for them for 7 years, they were doing it partly to curb theft.

I have heard this as well. The Walmart up there in Centennial had too much theft and crime occurring and they changed the hours because of it (supposedly).

Old 11-29-2018, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chahunt View Post
I have heard this as well. The Walmart up there in Centennial had too much theft and crime occurring and they changed the hours because of it (supposedly).
I heard that the Nellis area in the far NE had a Walmart once but closed due to rampant theft.

Old 11-29-2018, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
#12 for me is iffy.

I use it for pain. The best medicine for it I've found so far, and I am a proponent. But.

If it's going to be recreational and have a heavy tax then the money should go to the proper places. Mainly education. It's time to fix things for students, schools, and teachers. It's ridiculous that teachers have to buy supplies out of their pocket. Classes should be smaller. Students should not be taught to pass a test. What a dumb way to educate.

Tax the hell out of it, but put the resulting funds in the right hands.

I still think it's better than relying on some guy on a corner selling God knows what.
I don't partake, but I more or less agree with the above. I tried CBD oil for anxiety with minimal effect.

They really should tax the hell out of it. Cigarettes for example were 2 dollars a pack in 1998.

Marijuana burns twice as hot as has many more unidentified chemicals in it. Just trying to illustrate that the harmful effects are comparable to cigarettes.

Old 11-29-2018, 10:11 AM

679 posts, read 489,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chahunt View Post
I was visiting the Walmart on Decatur, and they have now locked up the deodorants because so many people were stealing them.

Old 11-29-2018, 11:14 AM

11,642 posts, read 22,828,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinVegasHeights View Post
I don't partake, but I more or less agree with the above. I tried CBD oil for anxiety with minimal effect.

They really should tax the hell out of it. Cigarettes for example were 2 dollars a pack in 1998.

Marijuana burns twice as hot as has many more unidentified chemicals in it. Just trying to illustrate that the harmful effects are comparable to cigarettes.

I tried the cbd also for neuropathy. No effect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or