U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-24-2018, 02:05 PM
 
Location: Here and there, you decide.
11,737 posts, read 23,056,654 times
Reputation: 3988

Advertisements

Problem is that rent is extremely high in Vegas unless in a tough area and competition too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-24-2018, 02:30 PM
EA EA started this thread
 
Location: Las Vegas
5,736 posts, read 4,890,269 times
Reputation: 6176
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Problem is that rent is extremely high in Vegas unless in a tough area and competition too
1200-1500 a month. That's the cheap part. The expensive part is the insurance. That can be 3-4k a month.



There's a lot I can't do mobile. No lift. No lathe. No alignment rack. Limited tools. AND I really hate being on the road. I've been hit 4 times in 4 years. I'd like to minimize my driving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2018, 02:40 PM
 
Location: Here and there, you decide.
11,737 posts, read 23,056,654 times
Reputation: 3988
1500 for how big and where? I’d think double that in a good location (not warehouse)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2018, 03:27 PM
EA EA started this thread
 
Location: Las Vegas
5,736 posts, read 4,890,269 times
Reputation: 6176
My store was 800 a month. Buddies shop was 600. His new shop, which is much nicer, is 1200.
All the other single door shops I've looked at were between 1200 and 1500. Double doors start at 2400 and go up from there.



One of the main reasons I want a shop is customers are rather ignorant. These days each trim level and engine option has their own parts. Trying to get the engine and trim level out of people is so hard. It would be so much easier if they showed up, I could look for myself, and get the parts I need. Brakes for example.

I get stuff like "Hey I need breaks for a 2009 audi"

Ok.... Audi what? Which engine. Pads and rotors? Calipers? Just pads? Front and rear? Just front?

"yeah"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2018, 11:15 AM
 
440 posts, read 79,510 times
Reputation: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
I've been doing a lot of mechanic work lately. I travel around town. I'm real tired of loading up my tools in the car. I have a good customer base. I want to open up a shop. I'm just a little lost on location. I'm thinking central would be best.
I live on the east side and I know no one wants to come over this way. Where would you put one? How far would you drive for a low priced quality mechanic?

I'd be OK driving about 30 minutes. Don't price it too low -- I'm willing to pay a fair price for quality repairs. Maybe a set % off stealerships.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2018, 01:49 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
13,629 posts, read 24,696,638 times
Reputation: 25446
I used to have 2 modified diesel vehicles. They were a dream to drive. I drove from north of Minneapolis to Madison WI to take them to their 'doctor'. But that was a very specialized thing. Here, it's right down the road!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2018, 01:51 PM
 
Location: Here and there, you decide.
11,737 posts, read 23,056,654 times
Reputation: 3988
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
My store was 800 a month. Buddies shop was 600. His new shop, which is much nicer, is 1200.
All the other single door shops I've looked at were between 1200 and 1500. Double doors start at 2400 and go up from there.



One of the main reasons I want a shop is customers are rather ignorant. These days each trim level and engine option has their own parts. Trying to get the engine and trim level out of people is so hard. It would be so much easier if they showed up, I could look for myself, and get the parts I need. Brakes for example.

I get stuff like "Hey I need breaks for a 2009 audi"

Ok.... Audi what? Which engine. Pads and rotors? Calipers? Just pads? Front and rear? Just front?

"yeah"
I'm assuming they were on the east side or north Las Vegas...

you want to be on the northwest in my opinion with visibility. (centennial maybe) but you can't even get an office, let alone a garage for 800... triple it for the garage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2018, 02:04 PM
EA EA started this thread
 
Location: Las Vegas
5,736 posts, read 4,890,269 times
Reputation: 6176
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
I'm assuming they were on the east side or north Las Vegas...

you want to be on the northwest in my opinion with visibility. (centennial maybe) but you can't even get an office, let alone a garage for 800... triple it for the garage



Valley view and Flamingo. Right behind the Rio. Where Black out is. His new shop is on ali baba right off Dean Martin.

I have a virtual office in Henderson for 75 a month. Using that for the online business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2018, 02:33 PM
 
Location: Here and there, you decide.
11,737 posts, read 23,056,654 times
Reputation: 3988
I wouldn’t go there. That’s why it’s cheap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2018, 02:41 PM
EA EA started this thread
 
Location: Las Vegas
5,736 posts, read 4,890,269 times
Reputation: 6176
I wouldn't go to the ali baba location. But the Valley view location has a lot of traffic not that I can go back to Valley View.

I'm not worried about cost. I'm worried about location. If it's 2-3k a month in a good spot, so be it. I only want a 1 year lease. I will likely need a bigger place later on. I'm expecting 10-12k a month at that time. There's no way I can swing that right out of the gate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top