Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 04:37 PM

2,719 posts, read 3,491,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
I started a thread asking whether or not the Hwy's serve as good boundaries and markers to distinguish poor, middle, and rich areas, but apparently its not a good indicator.

I need something to go with.
Working class neighborhoods and high end neighborhoods are side by side in pretty much anywhere you go in Clark County,NV and you cannot just use highways/freeways as some sort of "median" or guide. The most NOTICEABLE "rundown" or in your words "poor" is somewhere around North of Downtown Las Vegas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2018, 06:52 PM

2,928 posts, read 3,552,260 times
Wow. This cringe worthy thread is not dying. Why are you guys indulging this neck beard. Don't respond to anymore of his questions, this character is trolling you.

Old 12-11-2018, 01:37 AM

23,221 posts, read 29,044,905 times
Just remember, old wealth members will do all they can do to keep any of their wealth a secret, even driving older cars and buying clothing from thrift stores and, largely, living in the older areas of town like Huntridge.

My neighbor in Phoenix lived in a rather barren 50 year old house in north central Phoenix, and when she died, my other neighbor revealed that $1 million of her estate was to go to St. Gregory's Church, and the rest to St. Vincent De Paul. We were close neighbors but I had no idea she was worth that much and she didn't even own a car.

Old 12-11-2018, 02:44 AM

1,374 posts, read 2,435,554 times
Very easy....the neighborhoods with expensive houses/apartments are usually higher income area.
But I agree, some rich people rather live in modest means.

Old 12-12-2018, 01:39 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,636,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V2thunder View Post
There's really only 1 decent neighborhood in Vegas (the ridges summerlin) and the upcoming discovery land project (summit club) if you're not living in there you are a low/modest wage earner in a less than desirable area.
HAHA wow that's the dumbest thing I've yet seen posted on this forum. Entire neighborhoods in Henderson don't have a single house below $1 million, and areas like MacDonald Highlands are full of extremely expensive houses and it's the top zip code in all of the Las Vegas Metro area, not anywhere in Summerlin. In fact most of the most expensive houses aren't in Summerlin, they're in Henderson. That may or may not change in the future, because Summerlin has plenty of room to grow. But get out of here with that nonsense.

Old 12-12-2018, 06:25 AM

158 posts, read 175,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
HAHA wow that's the dumbest thing I've yet seen posted on this forum. Entire neighborhoods in Henderson don't have a single house below $1 million, and areas like MacDonald Highlands are full of extremely expensive houses and it's the top zip code in all of the Las Vegas Metro area, not anywhere in Summerlin. In fact most of the most expensive houses aren't in Summerlin, they're in Henderson. That may or may not change in the future, because Summerlin has plenty of room to grow. But get out of here with that nonsense.
The Summit Club and The Ridges, both in Summerlin, are by far the most exclusive developments in Las Vegas. I know many people who live in MacDonald Highlands who are moving to The Summit Club in Summerlin. The momentum of the ultra-wealthy is moving to Summerlin. The gap between Summerlin and nice Henderson in 10 years will be huge. As I’ve said previously on this forum the future delopments Howard Hughes and Discovery Land Co. are doing in Summerlin are unlike anything Las Vegas has seen before.

Old 12-12-2018, 09:48 AM

1,286 posts, read 1,482,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princeton1990 View Post
As I’ve said previously on this forum the future delopments Howard Hughes and Discovery Land Co. are doing in Summerlin are unlike anything Las Vegas has seen before.
Do you mind stating what projects they have in the works? I know they have the Ballpark Arena which is nearing completion next year, and the new Hotel just proposed in downtown Summerlin. Along with new apartment complexes there in DT Summerlin. Are there any other projects or new developments going on up there? I'm not meaning new homes.

Old 12-12-2018, 10:16 AM

158 posts, read 175,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chahunt View Post
Do you mind stating what projects they have in the works? I know they have the Ballpark Arena which is nearing completion next year, and the new Hotel just proposed in downtown Summerlin. Along with new apartment complexes there in DT Summerlin. Are there any other projects or new developments going on up there? I'm not meaning new homes.
Yes, new high-end retail, dining and resort is going to be developed on the continuation of Summerlin Parkway just west of CC-215. This is going to be a great project with phenomenal views.

Old 12-12-2018, 01:11 PM

1,286 posts, read 1,482,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princeton1990 View Post
Yes, new high-end retail, dining and resort is going to be developed on the continuation of Summerlin Parkway just west of CC-215. This is going to be a great project with phenomenal views.
Wow that's awesome. Do you have the name of the project? I want to read up on it.

Old 12-14-2018, 02:59 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
You start by living here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas