Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 02:10 PM

661 posts, read 626,057 times

Advertisements

I had 2 people(male and female) yesterday knock on my door and claimed I stole their cellphone. They said it was stolen about 5 minutes away from a garage sale. They tracked the signal to my house and wanted it back. I noticed the female was packing a sidearm and stopped my oldest daughter from opening the screen door. I told them they have the wrong house and to pound sand. They threatened to call the police and left. Is this a new scam?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2019, 02:21 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,214,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usnftcret View Post
I had 2 people(male and female) yesterday knock on my door and claimed I stole their cellphone. They said it was stolen about 5 minutes away from a garage sale. They tracked the signal to my house and wanted it back. I noticed the female was packing a sidearm and stopped my oldest daughter from opening the screen door. I told them they have the wrong house and to pound sand. They threatened to call the police and left. Is this a new scam?
I would have called 911 and announced we had an armed individual at the door and might have to take some action. Then let the cops sought it out. Normally you cannot get quick response but an armed individual will generally do it.

Old 02-25-2019, 02:30 PM

390 posts, read 377,174 times
I have that find a friend app on my Iphone and when we are home, it shows us on the street behind my house. Let them call the police. If it's a scam they won't. I would never approach a house like that.

Old 02-25-2019, 04:53 PM

661 posts, read 626,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
I would have called 911 and announced we had an armed individual at the door and might have to take some action. Then let the cops sought it out. Normally you cannot get quick response but an armed individual will generally do it.
If they would have pushed the issue further, I would have called 911. I also have a Glock on standby and know how to use it.

Old 02-25-2019, 05:19 PM

74 posts, read 57,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usnftcret View Post
If they would have pushed the issue further, I would have called 911. I also have a Glock on standby and know how to use it.
Isn’t there a castle law, especially here they’re packing a sidearm...if it were me, I’d show them your Austria’s might without a question.

Old 02-25-2019, 06:02 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,214,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vg247 View Post
Isn’t there a castle law, especially here they’re packing a sidearm...if it were me, I’d show them your Austria’s might without a question.
Unless you are reasonably sure of bad intent you do not want to do that. It risks someone panicking and someone could end up dead even though no bad intent anywhere. I would also worry the other person is carrying as well. So let the cops handled it unless something is forced.

Old 02-25-2019, 06:22 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,781,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vg247 View Post
What do faux-Germans have to do with this?

Old 02-25-2019, 06:25 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,781,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Unless you are reasonably sure of bad intent you do not want to do that. It risks someone panicking and someone could end up dead even though no bad intent anywhere. I would also worry the other person is carrying as well. So let the cops handled it unless something is forced.
Pretty much what's wrong with this country, people retaliate without knowing actual intent only to get hurt/killed themselves.

Old 02-25-2019, 06:39 PM

220 posts, read 139,323 times
I would have had my hand on my gun the whole time. Let them know who's boss.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:05 PM

74 posts, read 57,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
What do faux-Germans have to do with this?
Lol, Glocks are Austrian made and more recently in the US as well so it was just a reference to OP’s Glock
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas