U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 12:47 PM

56 posts, read 24,214 times

Advertisements

I've been considering using CBD oil to try to ease my arthritis symptoms. I've already been through years of expensive, conventional treatments which only gave me temporary relief. I stopped into a couple of dispensaries to look into it, but came away with the impression that what they had on the shelves looks like they could have been bottled in someones garage. I'm skeptical and don't want to waste money on what could just be a bottle of vegetable oil sold to gullible tourists. Does anyone have experience with a legitimate, medical grade CBD oil from a proven source. I'm not interested in anything that contains THC since I'm not looking for that particular effect. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2018, 01:48 PM

13,545 posts, read 24,478,563 times
Big pharma doesn't make it so you won't see their shiny packaging. I think you are smart to try it! I sure would. Here's an article I found. Keep in mind you might have to try several before you find the one that works for you!

https://www.marijuanabreak.com/best-...-for-arthritis

Old 12-08-2018, 04:19 PM

511 posts, read 343,029 times
I think this is one of those things that you just plunge in and try as opposed to wasting huge amounts of time running all over the city and countless hours researching, for the sake of 30 bucks or so.

Most of them are made in the same place anyway and just branded for each particular company.

Old 12-08-2018, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Big pharma doesn't make it so you won't see their shiny packaging. I think you are smart to try it! I sure would. Here's an article I found. Keep in mind you might have to try several before you find the one that works for you!

https://www.marijuanabreak.com/best-...-for-arthritis
Thanks for the link!

Old 12-08-2018, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjambalaya View Post
I think this is one of those things that you just plunge in and try as opposed to wasting huge amounts of time running all over the city and countless hours researching, for the sake of 30 bucks or so.

Most of them are made in the same place anyway and just branded for each particular company.
I was being steered towards combining a topical creme with an oral oil. The potency of the oil was 2/3 what is typically sold online and the total cost was more like $70 to $80. Not a huge cost, but I'd still prefer not to be throwing my money away on snake oil.

Old 12-08-2018, 06:25 PM

1,676 posts, read 927,457 times
I think it is a big scam as a way to get rid of massive amounts of leaf and shake, which are worth about a tenth of the buds.

Old 12-08-2018, 08:42 PM

303 posts, read 104,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Roach View Post
I think it is a big scam as a way to get rid of massive amounts of leaf and shake, which are worth about a tenth of the buds.
CBD has its place and it can be effective for some, but it's definitely being market as the greatest thing since sliced bread. Lots of money being made and there is some snake oil marketing here too.

Old 12-09-2018, 02:09 AM

27,349 posts, read 38,582,213 times
Apothecarium at Sahara and Buffalo Southwest corner strip mall. I'm not sure they still carry this product. It's been a while since I picked any up.

I use Strainz. Restore (20:1) (CBD:THC) for my usual pain and Restore plus Elevate (1:5) (CBD:THC) when it's really bad. One dose is two droppers so I'm doing either two droppers of Restore or one of each. When it's really really bad I'll up the dose. I do get a buzz from the Elevate, but I'm an easy high. Experimentation is the best way to find your correct dosage.

It's not a scam if you buy the right product. There is a lot of crap available and the key is to find the real thing. Strainz is the real thing.

Old 12-09-2018, 02:11 AM

27,349 posts, read 38,582,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric3452 View Post
I was being steered towards combining a topical creme with an oral oil. The potency of the oil was 2/3 what is typically sold online and the total cost was more like $70 to $80. Not a huge cost, but I'd still prefer not to be throwing my money away on snake oil.
Have you tried Tiger Balm? There are people who swear by it for joint pain.

Old 12-09-2018, 05:40 AM

139 posts, read 38,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Have you tried Tiger Balm? There are people who swear by it for joint pain.
And glucosamine, chondroitin, amethyst crystals, and snake oil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or