U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 10:05 AM

750 posts, read 501,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Gym memberships vary. LVAC is very reasonable considering the indoor pool and indoor running track. Their monthly fee is less than my companyís reimbursement.
LVAC is affordable, but every location I've ever been to is jam packed full, to the point that you have to wait to even get on a treadmill, or you have a line when trying to lift weights. I left because of that, to a different gym.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickydim View Post
Red light cams don't decrease, but increase traffic accidents. It creates more uncertainty and another layer of split second choices to make.
Not sure if that's true. It could be. I would be in favor of Red light cams. There are so many idiot drivers in this town. I'd love to see them get hit with a huge fee for their illegal driving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2018, 11:34 AM

15 posts, read 4,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Las Vegas has some of the best discount shopping in the country. Those $125 New Balance sneakers Iím wearing? They cost me less than $20.

Wow!! That a good deal! ... you got them from Ross, Tjmax as some members suggested?... or do you recommend other outlet malls?

Gym memberships vary. LVAC is very reasonable considering the indoor pool and indoor running track. Their monthly fee is less than my companyís reimbursement.

I checked the LVAC website and it looks really nice! I couldn't find in their website the monthly fee, or a general idea about the membership. I like that they have indoor poor. Also, that they'll be a new one in Henderson... do they have kids programs too (not talking about care). Like classes for 10 years+? It is not stated in their website.

There ARE other factors to consider, so do your research.
Yes, thanks for the input. We will be coming from Louisiana, so now i try to understand what things will increase and decrease in our current budget and life style

Old 12-13-2018, 11:36 AM

15 posts, read 4,929 times
Wow!! That's a good deal for sneakers!... you got them from Ross, Tjmax as some members suggested these stores? ... or do you recommend other outlet malls?

checked the LVAC website and it looks really nice! I couldn't find in their website the monthly fee, or a general idea about the membership. I like that they have indoor poor. Also, that they'll be a new one in Henderson... do they have kids programs too (not talking about care). Like classes for 10 years+? It is not stated in their website.

Old 12-13-2018, 11:58 AM

351 posts, read 204,920 times
Quote:
Not sure if that's true. It could be. I would be in favor of Red light cams. There are so many idiot drivers in this town. I'd love to see them get hit with a huge fee for their illegal driving.
without question NY has seen increased traffic accidents since it's inception. there are plenty of studies that prove it

Agreed there are idiot drivers around, and they won't change, ever, so why should we? All you can really do is watch out for yourself.

Why on earth would you want the government's control over you to grow, so you can have the impression you are safer in the street? That's the worst reason for giving up any liberties. It's not the Govt's job to watch what we do. It's not the essence of what our founders want. They didn't want interference in their everyday lives from their Government.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Ben Franklin

Old 12-13-2018, 12:28 PM

750 posts, read 501,077 times
Nice rant. I am still of favor of the light cameras. I actually, you know, follow the traffic laws, so it wouldn't ever effect me. Only those who are reckless.

Old 12-13-2018, 01:43 PM

11,323 posts, read 4,013,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chahunt View Post
Nice rant. I am still of favor of the light cameras. I actually, you know, follow the traffic laws, so it wouldn't ever effect me. Only those who are reckless.
Actually it would. The problem with red light cameras is they increase the occurrence of rear end accidents while decreasing T bones. There is some evidence that the number of accidents increases and the number of injuries increase when red light cameras are installed.

There have also been incidences of municipalities turning them into revenue producers rather than accident preventers. They concentrate on rolling right turns on red where a full stop is not made. Not really an accident problem but very good for making revenue.

Old 12-13-2018, 03:23 PM

8,739 posts, read 9,001,034 times
Let's not turn this into a red light camera thread, that's not what the OP was asking about!

Old 12-18-2018, 09:16 PM

62 posts, read 43,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayat-zweena View Post

checked the LVAC website and it looks really nice! I couldn't find in their website the monthly fee, or a general idea about the membership. I like that they have indoor poor. Also, that they'll be a new one in Henderson... do they have kids programs too (not talking about care). Like classes for 10 years+? It is not stated in their website.

Monthly dues are around $20+ and must commit to 2 years. I paid up front for the entire contract and got extra 18 month free and after all that my yearly fee will be $99.

Beside kiddie care there is nothing for kids. Nobody under 14 allowed inside. I tried, my membership comes with 2 guest pass/month Not even the pool area where posted " Under 12 years of age parental supervision required" or something along those lines. Which made me believe the pool is OK, but it's not!

The only gym I found where I can take my 12 yo is Fitness 19. Much smaller, no pool and classes are only in the Southern Higlands location.

Old 12-19-2018, 10:17 PM

1,903 posts, read 1,328,405 times
Education?

I guess it's true, you get what you pay for.

Old Yesterday, 07:57 PM

320 posts, read 151,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chahunt View Post
LVAC is affordable, but every location I've ever been to is jam packed full, to the point that you have to wait to even get on a treadmill, or you have a line when trying to lift weights. I left because of that, to a different gym.

Red light cameras are a scam run by corrupt city governments and greedy corporations. You end up trading rare t-bone accidents for a larger number of rear end accidents, and reduce road access for emergency services because now nobody will move when the light is red.

First the cameras go in and when they aren't generating enough revenue, the yellow time gets shorter, and shorter...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or