U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 09:31 AM

26 posts, read 16,068 times

Advertisements

Things you should know:
- I'm not in Vegas yet.
- I don't have a start date yet, I'm just getting a leg up on my housing search.
- I have a large friendly dog who sheds a lot (Kangal).

Has to be along the DVX bus route or within walking distance. All I need is WiFi and access to the kitchen.
Just a place to live until I get back on my feet (6 months - 1 year). I have no paystubs to show (unemployed since July) so I can only provide a job letter from the VA.
Not much in the form of suitable places on Craig's List so I figured I should try posting here.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2018, 05:32 PM

1,834 posts, read 3,686,937 times
Post on Vegas reddit also if you haven’t yet.

Old 12-15-2018, 05:50 AM

13,517 posts, read 9,769,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backyard_Wildlife_Lover View Post
Things you should know:
- I'm not in Vegas yet.
- I don't have a start date yet, I'm just getting a leg up on my housing search.
- I have a large friendly dog who sheds a lot (Kangal).

Has to be along the DVX bus route or within walking distance. All I need is WiFi and access to the kitchen.
Just a place to live until I get back on my feet (6 months - 1 year). I have no paystubs to show (unemployed since July) so I can only provide a job letter from the VA.
Not much in the form of suitable places on Craig's List so I figured I should try posting here.
Thanks.
Send a DM to the guy from Wisconsin. You値l be co-workers. Stay west of I-15 and North of Craig.
Do NOT rent anything on Nellis or Boulder HWY.

Old 12-15-2018, 12:03 PM

Thank you both for the useful advise.

Old 12-15-2018, 08:00 PM

226 posts, read 68,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Send a DM to the guy from Wisconsin. You値l be co-workers. Stay west of I-15 and North of Craig.
Do NOT rent anything on Nellis or Boulder HWY.
I am between Craig and Alexander and the neighborhood is fine here.

Old Yesterday, 12:06 AM

27,309 posts, read 38,548,258 times
There he is! Figured you'd show up.

Old Yesterday, 03:41 AM

13,517 posts, read 9,769,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinVegasHeights View Post
I am between Craig and Alexander and the neighborhood is fine here.
General guidelines, not hard and fast rules. Hell, I知 breaking one now because I知 renting on Rainbow. But I知 a long time local, so I knew exactly what I was getting into. We try to give the newbies well proven safe guidelines.

Old Yesterday, 11:09 AM

226 posts, read 68,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
General guidelines, not hard and fast rules. Hell, I知 breaking one now because I知 renting on Rainbow. But I知 a long time local, so I knew exactly what I was getting into. We try to give the newbies well proven safe guidelines.
Definitely agree with staying west of I-15. I was very tempted to take something along LV Blvd or Nellis but now glad I didn't. Those Eagle Trace units that someone recommended don't look very appealing.

To the OP, craigslist is fine actually if you just know hot to spot and filter out the scams. Never send money "sight unseen."

Old Yesterday, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinVegasHeights View Post
Definitely agree with staying west of I-15. I was very tempted to take something along LV Blvd or Nellis but now glad I didn't. Those Eagle Trace units that someone recommended don't look very appealing.

To the OP, craigslist is fine actually if you just know hot to spot and filter out the scams. Never send money "sight unseen."
So, I guess your housing arrangement is pretty much set up already? What do you do at the VA?

Old Yesterday, 07:35 PM

11,317 posts, read 3,998,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backyard_Wildlife_Lover View Post
So, I guess your housing arrangement is pretty much set up already? What do you do at the VA?
You folk are in similar situations but not the same. The OP is dealing with the VA Hospital not the
AF Hospital at Nellis.

Unfortunately they are some miles apart and have different transit routes.

OP has an advantage as the bus to the VA expresses out of downtown. So a rental in the heart of downtown could work. On the other hand OP might want to go off to the west along Craig or Ann or such and transfer to the express after it becomes a local out near the Hospital.

There are some rentals near the VA Hospital but not many. Some nice areas close to the VA so worth a look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or