U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-25-2019, 09:16 PM
 
750 posts, read 290,470 times
Reputation: 434

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
Nah, it's only the racists who don't want immigration. Asylum seekers from "shlt hole" countries have been clearly beneficial to the German economy:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-018-05507-0
https://www.focus-economics.com/blog...pean-economies
You could make that argument for any country whose population increases. EVERY population increase is, technically speaking, "good for the economy", because total GDP increases as a result. This says nothing about those who move to your country and leech welfare or live outside the country, make fake identities(like Mexicans and Central Americans do) and leech welfare.

Take a look at Germany's stats for rapes, murders, thefts, assaults, batteries, etc and tell me the numbers are the same pre-migration as opposed to post-migration.

I dated a Mexican citizen for close to 3 years. You do realize that Mexicans are taught that the western US is, in fact Mexican territory that was stolen from Mexico? They are taught this by their schools and their elders. This is "Aztlan." They are taught about the "reconquista" movement to re-patriate the ex-Mexican territories. Do you know who "La Raza" is? Or - are you sitting there in your little, liberal, ignorant to the ways of the world bubble that completely ignores the FACT that not everyone in this world is good, nice, and righteous and looking out for the best interests of the common man?

Don't get me wrong, I think liberalism has its place in the grand scheme of things, but in my life I have found these viewpoints to be far too idealistic and completely ignorant of the realities of the world as it stands around us.

 
Old 01-25-2019, 09:21 PM
 
750 posts, read 290,470 times
Reputation: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
Who agrees? You, the brainwashed?

Walls don't work.
https://www.factcheck.org/2019/01/tr...ct-in-el-paso/

You won't be stopping any drug or human trafficking, there is too much money at stake, the evil will find a way.

If a wall is built, it needs to go on the other side:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGFXT46pjro
There is already a wall on the other side.

Its not a 100% solution. Its a mitigation that is executed in combination with many other mechanisms that effect a more total solution to the problems.

Again, liberal black and white thinking doesn't help here. You need to be cognizant of the wider picture to under stand the totality of the problem and the many avenues in which it needs to be attacked in order to be "resolved" (and its never going to be totally resolved... there are degrees of "resolution" involved here... depends on how much money and how many resources you are willing to put behind said "resolution".) The goal needs to be to get the crimes involved (and they ARE crimes) reduced to an acceptable level.

I find it funny that we can all be billed as racists in the US for wanting to disallow illegal immigration, but if a US citizen gets caught in Mexico without a stamped passport, they go to federal prison in Mexico for 10 years....
 
Old 01-25-2019, 10:15 PM
Status: "Leaving Las Vegas" (set 23 days ago)
 
Location: Las Vegas
2,174 posts, read 1,556,409 times
Reputation: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
There is already a wall on the other side.

Its not a 100% solution. Its a mitigation that is executed in combination with many other mechanisms that effect a more total solution to the problems.

Again, liberal black and white thinking doesn't help here. You need to be cognizant of the wider picture to under stand the totality of the problem and the many avenues in which it needs to be attacked in order to be "resolved" (and its never going to be totally resolved... there are degrees of "resolution" involved here... depends on how much money and how many resources you are willing to put behind said "resolution".) The goal needs to be to get the crimes involved (and they ARE crimes) reduced to an acceptable level.
...
Black and white thinking?

That's exactly what building a wall is. It's a magic silver bullet..... to a problem that doesn't exist.

Pot calling the kettle black me thinks.
 
Old 01-25-2019, 10:23 PM
Status: "Leaving Las Vegas" (set 23 days ago)
 
Location: Las Vegas
2,174 posts, read 1,556,409 times
Reputation: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
You could make that argument for any country whose population increases. EVERY population increase is, technically speaking, "good for the economy", because total GDP increases as a result.
You could also make the argument that you just read headlines and make absurd assumptions

Had you read the article, you would have learned GDP per capita increased and unemployment rates dropped.
 
Old 01-25-2019, 10:31 PM
Status: "Leaving Las Vegas" (set 23 days ago)
 
Location: Las Vegas
2,174 posts, read 1,556,409 times
Reputation: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
i dated a Mexican citizen for close to 3 years. You do realize that Mexicans are taught that the western US is, in fact Mexican territory that was stolen from Mexico? They are taught this by their schools and their elders. This is "Aztlan." They are taught about the "reconquista" movement to re-patriate the ex-Mexican territories. Do you know who "La Raza" is? Or - are you sitting there in your little, liberal, ignorant to the ways of the world bubble that completely ignores the FACT that not everyone in this world is good, nice, and righteous and looking out for the best interests of the common man?
.
I apologize, you "dating" a radicalized Mexican girl makes you the expert on all things Mexico.
 
Old 01-25-2019, 11:15 PM
 
277 posts, read 108,095 times
Reputation: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuterion View Post
$16 Trillion bailouts by Federal Reserve after 2008 Recession
https://www.forbes.com/sites/traceyg.../#65d96af826b0

$5.6 Trillion in war
Https://www.wsj.com/articles/study-e...ion-1510106400

$1.5 Trillion on tax breaks in 2018
Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Will Cost $1.5 Trillion | Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget

These numbers dwarf anything illegal immigrants are costing the country. This is only a small slice of the pie as well but it shows how the government and corporations are bleeding the country dry.
This is the dumbest comparison I have ever seen. I mean this doesn't even make a lick of sense.

So banks have been bailed out, we went to war, tax breaks/tax cuts given...., so we're supposed to let everyone in the world that can't take care of themselves into our backyard no questions ask? Would you like to feed them lobster and steak too? Idiotic ideology at its best.

Economy ain't got nothing to do with illegal immigration. The economy didn't improve because we have more illegals coming into our country, where is your logic here?

In the meantime, illegal immigrant head of household have an average tax deficit of $14,000 per year. Illegal immigrant costing our education system by billions, our teachers are pulling their hair out, schools are crowded, the welfare offices are crowded--

Bonus--the illicit activities of fake SS card, fake drivers license, fake birth certificate are flourishing..

And yet we should worry about unchecked capitalism?

Try again please...
 
Old 01-25-2019, 11:18 PM
 
277 posts, read 108,095 times
Reputation: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
Nah, it's only the racists who don't want immigration. Asylum seekers from "shlt hole" countries have been clearly beneficial to the German economy:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-018-05507-0
https://www.focus-economics.com/blog...pean-economies
Racist? Could you say the same thing to Native Americans from East Asia who got here first and got their lands stolen from"**** hole countries?

It's all beneficial until it isn't...there is a limit to everything

Last edited by MaryoVilla; 01-25-2019 at 11:31 PM..
 
Old 01-25-2019, 11:22 PM
 
277 posts, read 108,095 times
Reputation: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
Who agrees? You, the brainwashed?

Walls don't work.
https://www.factcheck.org/2019/01/tr...ct-in-el-paso/

You won't be stopping any drug or human trafficking, there is too much money at stake, the evil will find a way.

If a wall is built, it needs to go on the other side:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGFXT46pjro
Right...because walls don't work we shouldn't try building them and evil will find their way no matter what, so we should open our borders and let everyone in? Another dumb idea, keep it coming.

On average, we spent $50K pear year taking care of illegal unaccompanied minors(free food, free lodging, free education, free entertainment, free everything)...these little devils should be sent back to wherever they came from. I hope I didn't hurt your feelings by calling them what they are...

Last edited by MaryoVilla; 01-25-2019 at 11:38 PM..
 
Old 01-25-2019, 11:29 PM
 
277 posts, read 108,095 times
Reputation: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
Black and white thinking?

That's exactly what building a wall is. It's a magic silver bullet..... to a problem that doesn't exist.

Pot calling the kettle black me thinks.
Who say's it's a magic silver bullet, and you really believe that there is no problem at our southern border? Where do you live? In Mars? C'mon I know you are better than this.
 
Old 01-26-2019, 06:04 AM
 
Location: California
240 posts, read 76,641 times
Reputation: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryoVilla View Post
This is the dumbest comparison I have ever seen. I mean this doesn't even make a lick of sense.

So banks have been bailed out, we went to war, tax breaks/tax cuts given...., so we're supposed to let everyone in the world that can't take care of themselves into our backyard no questions ask? Would you like to feed them lobster and steak too? Idiotic ideology at its best.

Economy ain't got nothing to do with illegal immigration. The economy didn't improve because we have more illegals coming into our country, where is your logic here?

In the meantime, illegal immigrant head of household have an average tax deficit of $14,000 per year. Illegal immigrant costing our education system by billions, our teachers are pulling their hair out, schools are crowded, the welfare offices are crowded--

Bonus--the illicit activities of fake SS card, fake drivers license, fake birth certificate are flourishing..

And yet we should worry about unchecked capitalism?

Try again please...
So I showed you examples of over $21 trillion dollars flowing out of public coffers into the hands of the rich defense contractors and bankers both foreign and domestic and you dismiss it to start talking about immigrants again. It’s time to stop pretending like you care about the economy/money and just admit that you’re prejudice/racist. You see a bunch of brown people coming into the country and it pisses you off but you mask it under “economic anxiety” to run from being a racist. The bankers stole 9 of your 10 cookies and said “look, that mexican is trying to steal your last cookie” and like a trained hound dog you go to defend that last cookie never stopping to question “heeeyyy why do I only have one cookie in the first place?” You’re letting your racism and xenophobia blind you from the real person that’s robbing you blind and theynmost likely look just like you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top