U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-28-2019, 04:18 PM
 
731 posts, read 287,416 times
Reputation: 417

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
Let's assume that building a wall works to keep out illegals (it won't, but for argument's sake, lets just make a crazy hypothetical assumption). Now what will happen to the US? I'll tell you what, it will become more violent than ever. Here's the proof:

"A 2018 study by the Cato Institute, for example, found that native-born U.S. residents are much more likely to be convicted of a crime than immigrants in the country illegally.

A separate study published last March in the journal Criminology found that states with more undocumented immigrants have lower crime rates than those with fewer."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/factc...way/ar-BBSEoRe

People want a wall because it's something physical they can see / touch. They want it to keep, who they think is, the enemy out. They think this enemy is causing an increase in crime and that they are taking jobs away from existing citizens. It's those same people that refuse to consider facts and logic. I could be wrong, but I think Hitler blamed the Jews for the exact same things.
Bwahaha the crime rates for illegals are "lower" because the police don't want to file the paperwork or contact ICE like they're supposed to. Not to mention, half the time they're presenting someone else's documentation since we don't have theirs on file. They're 100% criminals for crossing illegally as the act itself is a criminal act.

There aren't any crazy assumptions about walls. Walls work and that's why humans have been building them for thousands of years. By your logic, we may as well have no police or security or anything else because by your argument people will still commit crimes anyways, so why bother?

Well guess who I have caught stealing from my property on multiple occasions? I caught and called the cops on the one group. When the cops showed up they refused to ticket after they checked and found no ID on any of the perpetrators. Definitely Hispanics... Hmm, wonder where they might be from?

 
Old 01-28-2019, 04:20 PM
 
731 posts, read 287,416 times
Reputation: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
I've often wondered why rules such as the following haven't been suggested or discussed, let alone implemented:

* Need to provide proof of legal residency or visit in order to get a cell phone service plan
* Need to provide proof of legal residency or visit in order to get satellite TV/cable TV/Internet/land line service plan
* Need to provide proof of legal residency in order to rent a home/apartment
* Need to provide proof of legal residency in order to purchase alcohol/tobacco
* Need to provide proof of legal residency in order... etc, etc etc.

Of course, the above would not be in the interest of the cell phone providers, cable companies, landlords, etc. And yes, of course, there were be cheaters...
Prepaid services. No credit or background checks.
 
Old 01-28-2019, 05:22 PM
 
Location: California
240 posts, read 75,970 times
Reputation: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
We weren't talking about banks and corporations. Stop trying to derail the thread.
The thread is actually about Las Vegas housing boom so the thread is already derailed for your info.
 
Old 01-28-2019, 07:25 PM
Status: "Leaving Las Vegas" (set 16 days ago)
 
Location: Las Vegas
2,173 posts, read 1,549,865 times
Reputation: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
By your logic, we may as well have no police or security or anything else because by your argument people will still commit crimes anyways, so why bother?

Well guess who I have caught stealing from my property on multiple occasions? I caught and called the cops on the one group. When the cops showed up they refused to ticket after they checked and found no ID on any of the perpetrators. Definitely Hispanics... Hmm, wonder where they might be from?
Actually, it looks like by your logic cops are useless.

Are you confused or are you just bemused?
 
Old 01-28-2019, 09:20 PM
 
731 posts, read 287,416 times
Reputation: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
Actually, it looks like by your logic cops are useless.

Are you confused or are you just bemused?
You're right. Metro is useless.

I'm not confused. It's a perfectly valid counterargument to your anti-wall propaganda.

Do the right thing then, Omega, demand that your friend Nancy tear down her terrible, no good, very bad, racist, immoral wall. Especially since in your opinion, it does nothing anyways.
 
Old 01-28-2019, 10:45 PM
 
1,885 posts, read 449,291 times
Reputation: 3200
Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
I'm not confused.
But let's assume, hypothetically, that you are. Would you know it? Or in your confusion, would you not notice you're confused? Just hypothetical, of course.
 
Old 01-28-2019, 10:58 PM
 
731 posts, read 287,416 times
Reputation: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
But let's assume, hypothetically, that you are. Would you know it? Or in your confusion, would you not notice you're confused? Just hypothetical, of course.
If a tree falls in the woods when noone's around, does it make a sound?

I'm still waiting on the YouTube videos from all the anti-waller's in Vegas, tearing down their block walls and iron fences, since they don't work.
 
Old 01-29-2019, 03:14 AM
Status: "Leaving Las Vegas" (set 16 days ago)
 
Location: Las Vegas
2,173 posts, read 1,549,865 times
Reputation: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
If a tree falls in the woods when noone's around, does it make a sound?

I'm still waiting on the YouTube videos from all the anti-waller's in Vegas, tearing down their block walls and iron fences, since they don't work.
Coyotes still get in. So do rats. So do theives

What exactly are these walls keeping out? The sunshine?
 
Old 01-29-2019, 07:40 AM
 
1,885 posts, read 449,291 times
Reputation: 3200
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
What exactly are these walls keeping out? The sunshine?
Privacy - so visual pollution in the form of my 60-year-old neighbor skinny dipping in his pool doesn't intrude into my field of view.
 
Old 01-29-2019, 11:11 AM
Status: "Leaving Las Vegas" (set 16 days ago)
 
Location: Las Vegas
2,173 posts, read 1,549,865 times
Reputation: 1707
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/29/home...e-shiller.html

Las Vegas up 12% yoy for the month ending November 2018
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top