U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-29-2019, 12:16 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
2,011 posts, read 1,394,736 times
Reputation: 1552

Advertisements


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-y0nQIHn3pE

 
Old 01-29-2019, 12:35 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
2,011 posts, read 1,394,736 times
Reputation: 1552
Here's how eminent domain hurts American's:

https://www.texastribune.org/2017/12...roperty-fence/
 
Old 01-29-2019, 01:25 PM
 
543 posts, read 200,220 times
Reputation: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
Coyotes still get in. So do rats. So do theives

What exactly are these walls keeping out? The sunshine?
But walls are immoral! You're losing your SJW card if you leave your walls up!

If I have to explain to a grown adult what walls do and do not do, then this is a pointless conversation. It's all basic OpSec.

At any rate, 50 ft border walls... That's a lethal fall off the top. Don't forget to bring your ladder truck to the border so you can get over them. Oh yeah, once you're over, Border Patrol has you pinned against the wall you just jumped since you can't get back over it. The pylons will be driven 30ft into the ground, so tunneling won't be so easy either. Meanwhile, Border Patrol has been watching you on camera the entire time and has already dispatched units to intercept you. This isn't possible with hundreds of miles of unmonitored, unimpeded border.

The bill to build the wall was passed in 2006. The improvements were requested by US Customs & Border Enforcement as a way to stem the tide of border jumpers to a manageable level. The following Democrat controlled congress has since refused to fund it.

Since you think barriers to entry are useless, won't you take the locks off your doors and post your address here? After all, locks must be useless, since a determined criminal could just kick the door in or smash a window.
 
Old 01-29-2019, 05:43 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
2,011 posts, read 1,394,736 times
Reputation: 1552
Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
But walls are immoral! You're losing your SJW card if you leave your walls up!

If I have to explain to a grown adult what walls do and do not do, then this is a pointless conversation. It's all basic OpSec.

At any rate, 50 ft border walls... That's a lethal fall off the top. Don't forget to bring your ladder truck to the border so you can get over them. Oh yeah, once you're over, Border Patrol has you pinned against the wall you just jumped since you can't get back over it. The pylons will be driven 30ft into the ground, so tunneling won't be so easy either. Meanwhile, Border Patrol has been watching you on camera the entire time and has already dispatched units to intercept you. This isn't possible with hundreds of miles of unmonitored, unimpeded border.

The bill to build the wall was passed in 2006. The improvements were requested by US Customs & Border Enforcement as a way to stem the tide of border jumpers to a manageable level. The following Democrat controlled congress has since refused to fund it.

Since you think barriers to entry are useless, won't you take the locks off your doors and post your address here? After all, locks must be useless, since a determined criminal could just kick the door in or smash a window.
Do you even have a clue how many tunnels the Mexicans have already built? Do you think a wall is really going to stop the tunneling?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...mexico-border/

You want to keep Mexicans out, yet it has been proven they are not the problem.

A wall will destroy so many AMERICAN families and their legacies of many generations through eminent domain.

Trumptards never ever use facts, all you do is spew conjecture and anecdotes.
 
Old 01-29-2019, 06:10 PM
 
543 posts, read 200,220 times
Reputation: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
Do you even have a clue how many tunnels the Mexicans have already built? Do you think a wall is really going to stop the tunneling?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...mexico-border/

You want to keep Mexicans out, yet it has been proven they are not the problem.

A wall will destroy so many AMERICAN families and their legacies of many generations through eminent domain.

Trumptards never ever use facts, all you do is spew conjecture and anecdotes.
Do you know how many tunnels are already built? Also, keep in mind that existing fortifications do not extend into the ground like the new ones do. You're only proving the point that walls work - if they didn't the Mexicans wouldn't be digging tunnels.

I don't want to keep Mexicans out. I want them to cross the border legally, like everyone else does.

Do you have any source for your claim that border walls destroy American families through imminent domain that is not a known liberal rag? What's next, are you going to link Huffington Post for me?

I don't waste my time digging up links for people who make ridiculous claims like "walls don't work." Anyone who can make such a claim with a straight face can't be taken seriously - especially in a place like Las Vegas, a literal kingdom of block walled properties.
 
Old 01-29-2019, 06:30 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
2,011 posts, read 1,394,736 times
Reputation: 1552
Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
Do you know how many tunnels are already built? Also, keep in mind that existing fortifications do not extend into the ground like the new ones do. You're only proving the point that walls work - if they didn't the Mexicans wouldn't be digging tunnels.

I don't want to keep Mexicans out. I want them to cross the border legally, like everyone else does.

Do you have any source for your claim that border walls destroy American families through imminent domain that is not a known liberal rag? What's next, are you going to link Huffington Post for me?

I don't waste my time digging up links for people who make ridiculous claims like "walls don't work." Anyone who can make such a claim with a straight face can't be taken seriously - especially in a place like Las Vegas, a literal kingdom of block walled properties.
Already posted a link on eminent domain a few posts above.

Do the walls in Las Vegas keep illegals out? Stop being ridiculous.

How do walls work, when there are tunnels right where the current walls are? Please explain that to me because the tunnels are where the drugs are coming in.

Walls give the illusion of safety. If you think it's going to make America safe again, you've had the wool pulled over your eyes.
 
Old 01-29-2019, 07:12 PM
 
11,498 posts, read 4,188,300 times
Reputation: 5023
Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
But walls are immoral! You're losing your SJW card if you leave your walls up!

If I have to explain to a grown adult what walls do and do not do, then this is a pointless conversation. It's all basic OpSec.

At any rate, 50 ft border walls... That's a lethal fall off the top. Don't forget to bring your ladder truck to the border so you can get over them. Oh yeah, once you're over, Border Patrol has you pinned against the wall you just jumped since you can't get back over it. The pylons will be driven 30ft into the ground, so tunneling won't be so easy either. Meanwhile, Border Patrol has been watching you on camera the entire time and has already dispatched units to intercept you. This isn't possible with hundreds of miles of unmonitored, unimpeded border.

The bill to build the wall was passed in 2006. The improvements were requested by US Customs & Border Enforcement as a way to stem the tide of border jumpers to a manageable level. The following Democrat controlled congress has since refused to fund it.

Since you think barriers to entry are useless, won't you take the locks off your doors and post your address here? After all, locks must be useless, since a determined criminal could just kick the door in or smash a window.
The proposed wall is 30 feet high and 6 feet deep. Go up a 30 foot ladder and then pull another up and down the other side. 4 or 5 minutes and you are going. Some of the pictures show sharp ends on the steel slats but that too is easy to overcome. So if you have alarms or cameras you have perhaps 15 minutes to get to the site.


Drugs come in concealed in normal commerce. No particular need to do anything bulky with the legalization of marijuana.

The walls of Las Vegas as of most Spanish influenced places provides a level of privacy and little else. They would not stop a coyote anymore a human.


The wall was always opposed by the Border Patrol Union until recently. They suggested it was a waste of money. Politics has apparently changed their view.
 
Old 01-29-2019, 09:15 PM
 
543 posts, read 200,220 times
Reputation: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
Already posted a link on eminent domain a few posts above.

Do the walls in Las Vegas keep illegals out? Stop being ridiculous.

How do walls work, when there are tunnels right where the current walls are? Please explain that to me because the tunnels are where the drugs are coming in.

Walls give the illusion of safety. If you think it's going to make America safe again, you've had the wool pulled over your eyes.
Okay. So when are you taking your walls down and locks off the doors? You don't fancy the idea that just anyone from city-data might turn up as an unexpected guest?

If you don't like the idea of just anyone walking onto your property or into your house, perhaps you might care to explain why this poses an issue for you?

You haven't come to the table with any solutions to the problem. What I think is funny is that I'm sure if Pelosi was screaming to build the wall, 99% of Libs/Dems would be right behind it.

Let's clear a few things up:

1. "Good people" who are just looking to make a better life for themselves don't use tunnels to cross a border.

2. "Good people" who are just looking to make a better life for themselves don't overstay their visas.

3. Legitimate immigrants wouldn't jeopardize their ability to gain citizenship by disrespecting our borders.

4. Legitimate immigrants wouldn't jeopardize their ability to gain citizenship by breaking our laws.

5. Legitimate immigrants follow the rules by making an application to immigrate at a US consulate.

6. Legitimate visitors use a passport to enter and leave when their visit is over.

7. Drug cartels generally do not come after people who are not involved in drugs or human trafficking the same way US gangs generally do not come after people who are not involved in drugs or human trafficking. Therefore, if you are running from a drug cartel, it's probably because you were involved with it.

8. The US historically does not accept applications for permanent visas from non-skilled labor.

9. Legitimate immigrants and visitors don't magically lose all forms of identification issued in their home country at the border.

10. Legitimate immigrants don't call for the removal of a sitting president.

11. Legitimate immigrants don't vote in US elections without citizenship.

12. A large number of asylum seekers don't have a legitimate claim to asylum and are now being sent back to Mexico.

13. International law dictates that asylum seekers make request in the first country they arrive at the border, not to cross through as many countries as necessary to get to the country they really want to go to.

14. Seasonal labor can apply for and will be issued a temporary visa for work.

15. Anyone else with desirable skills can get 2 1.5 year visas and make an application for permanent residency during this time.

16. Legitimate immigrants start the process to obtain a permanent visa as soon as they enter the US.

17. Legitimate immigrants don't steal identities or use stolen identities, or buy their papers at the local swap meet.

The reason we have 12K people hopping the border every month is because these people know that their application for asylum will be rejected or that they would not be accepted for permanent residency on application, likely due to lack of skills, money, or an existing criminal record. It's also why they don't have decent jobs in their home country and why they magically lose their ID at the border.

Furthermore, they know that it's wide open. No obstacles in most locations and therefore, little or no chance of being caught and if they are, they can just run back across the border.
 
Old 01-29-2019, 09:20 PM
 
543 posts, read 200,220 times
Reputation: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
The proposed wall is 30 feet high and 6 feet deep. Go up a 30 foot ladder and then pull another up and down the other side. 4 or 5 minutes and you are going. Some of the pictures show sharp ends on the steel slats but that too is easy to overcome. So if you have alarms or cameras you have perhaps 15 minutes to get to the site.


Drugs come in concealed in normal commerce. No particular need to do anything bulky with the legalization of marijuana.

The walls of Las Vegas as of most Spanish influenced places provides a level of privacy and little else. They would not stop a coyote anymore a human.


The wall was always opposed by the Border Patrol Union until recently. They suggested it was a waste of money. Politics has apparently changed their view.
Drugs are being smuggled in tunnels, over land, through border crossings, on planes, and even in submarines. The border wall is an attempt to mitigate one of those avenues.

My block walls keep all of my neighbors pets out of my yard. Mine is too high to easily jump. As a result, thieves have been caught in the back yard of the house next door, who's gate was wide open.

I've never once heard of the border wall being opposed by border patrol. Did you make that up?
 
Old 01-29-2019, 09:22 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
2,011 posts, read 1,394,736 times
Reputation: 1552
Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
Okay. So when are you taking your walls down and locks off the doors? You don't fancy the idea that just anyone from city-data might turn up as an unexpected guest?

If you don't like the idea of just anyone walking onto your property or into your house, perhaps you might care to explain why this poses an issue for you?

....

Let's clear a few things up:
Yes let's clear a few things up. We have walls around our homes for privacy. If you think the only houses that get robbed or invaded are the ones without walls you are delusional.

If you think walls around houses are analogous to border walls, and you do, then you are most certainly delusional.

Most Republicans are embarrassed about the turd that is the president. The only ones who aren't are the racists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top