U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2019, 09:39 PM

2,010 posts, read 1,394,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
It never did. The Statue of Liberty was a gift from France.
Yes but the French had nothing to do with the plaque on the statue that says ".... give me your huddled masses" (i.e. immigrants). That was part of a poem written by an American.

Old 01-30-2019, 10:38 PM

191 posts, read 80,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticking View Post
Actually you call it like it ISN'T. You come across as an angry bigot. It isn't the statement regarding they come across illegally that makes you come across as a bigot, it is all the angry stereotypes and lies that you pretend are factual. Face facts, you know in your heart of hearts what you are, and trying to deny after what you wrote is laughable.
I suggest you re-read this whole thread and point to me exactly what you are talking about. Point to me the lies and stereotypes. Let me guess, you are the one that's angry because someone actually stood up and called illegal immigrants criminals? They broke our laws, they have committed a crime, what part of this don't you understand?

Read the whole thread and I'm sure you will have an idea of what I did for a living and where I stand when it comes to the rule of law, I call it like it is.

Last edited by MaryoVilla; 01-30-2019 at 10:48 PM..

Old 01-30-2019, 10:44 PM

11,494 posts, read 4,188,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryoVilla View Post
I suggest you re-read this whole thread and point to me exactly what you are talking about. Let me guess, you are the one that's angry because someone actually stood up and called illegal immigrants criminals?

Read the whole thread and I'm sure you will have an idea of what I did for a living and where I stand when it comes to the rule of law, I call it like it is.
You are incorrect. One can be illegal and not criminal. The children or visa overstayers for instance are illegal - that is deportable - but they have violated no criminal statute.

Those adults who cross the border away from legal ports can be criminal but mostly have not been. The Feds choose to use civil not criminal statues. That says they get deported but not convicted of any crime.

Old 01-30-2019, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
Do you?
As a matter of fact I have...the CBP flies aircraft that I have experienced with along our borders so I've seen their work first hand.

You never answer any of my questions...so try again.

Old 01-30-2019, 11:07 PM

Quote:
As a matter of fact I have...the CBP flies aircraft that I have experienced with along our borders so I've seen their work first hand.

You never answer any of my questions...so try again.
You have experience in running large endeavour? Ever spent a 100 million or a billion dollars? Know how to do that? Got a degree or published papers in large scale law enforcement? Know how to plan a 100 million dollar endeavour? Done the game theory courses on how to deal with infiltrators?

And yes I can fly small aircraft and know a good bit about photo reconnaissance. You?

Old 01-30-2019, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
You are incorrect. One can be illegal and not criminal. The children or visa overstayers for instance are illegal - that is deportable - but they have violated no criminal statute.

Those adults who cross the border away from legal ports can be criminal but mostly have not been. The Feds choose to use civil not criminal statues. That says they get deported but not convicted of any crime.
I'm specifically talking immigrants crossing the border illegally, not visa overstayers. Crossing the border illegally both have criminal and civil penalties under Title 8 U.S. Code  1325. Improper entry by alien, so in essence these illegal immigrants have committed a crime.

The difference with visa overstayers is that they came here via legal means, you know going to the US embassy and actually applying for a visa. It's a civil penalty with immediate deportation if caught. Meanwhile, if you get caught crossing illegally at the border, you will get free medical care, free food, free shelter, free lawyer..more free stuff....from the taxpayers back.

Old 01-30-2019, 11:20 PM

Quote:
You have experience in running large endeavour? Ever spent a 100 million or a billion dollars? Know how to do that? Got a degree or published papers in large scale law enforcement? Know how to plan a 100 million dollar endeavour? Done the game theory courses on how to deal with infiltrators?

And yes I can fly small aircraft and know a good bit about photo reconnaissance. You?
You know, I wish I could but a piece of document I signed when I left work prohibits me from disclosing information. Sorry to tell you I cannot divulge anymore information more than I already have in some random forum online.

Small aircraft and photo reconnaissance? Is that what you call it in your neck of the woods? This shows you really have no idea.

Old 01-30-2019, 11:21 PM

Quote:
I'm specifically talking immigrants crossing the border illegally, not visa overstayers. Crossing the border illegally both have criminal and civil penalties under Title 8 U.S. Code  1325. Improper entry by alien, so in essence these illegal immigrants have committed a crime.

The difference with visa overstayers is that they came here via legal means, you know going to the US embassy and actually applying for a visa. It's a civil penalty with immediate deportation if caught. Meanwhile, if you get caught crossing illegally at the border, you will get free medical care, free food, free shelter, free lawyer..more free stuff....from the taxpayers back.
Nope. Kid that crosses with his or her parents is not criminal. But is deportable. And if the Feds simply deport a crosser there is no criminal conviction.

And classically most illegal border crossers have simply been deported. And no they do not get anything free other than a ride back to Mexico. The current administration has chosen to invoke the criminal justice system in many cases. That may well open up services to some illegal aliens. But that is the choice of the Feds.

Old 01-30-2019, 11:33 PM

Quote:
You know, I wish I could but a piece of document I signed when I left work prohibits me from disclosing information. Sorry to tell you I cannot divulge anymore information more than I already have in some random forum online.

Small aircraft and photo reconnaissance? Is that what you call it? This shows you really have no idea.
I have lots of ideas. And know a lot about it. Even spent some days in the basement of a weird place in McClean VA. More than 45 years ago but we won't talk about that either. And I am not bound by any NDA. But I was far enough into that stuff that I don't discuss it.

So you were one of the toilers in the trenches. I was not.

Old 01-30-2019, 11:39 PM

Quote:
I have lots of ideas. And know a lot about it. Even spent some days in the basement of a weird place in McClean VA. More than 45 years ago but we won't talk about that either. And I am not bound by any NDA. But I was far enough into that stuff that I don't discuss it.

So you were one of the toilers in the trenches. I was not.
Somewhere in this thread someone asked me what I did for this country, look for it. Other than that, no comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or