U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-30-2019, 10:47 PM
 
277 posts, read 107,183 times
Reputation: 239

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Nope. Kid that crosses with his or her parents is not criminal. But is deportable. And if the Feds simply deport a crosser there is no criminal conviction.

And classically most illegal border crossers have simply been deported. And no they do not get anything free other than a ride back to Mexico. The current administration has chosen to invoke the criminal justice system in many cases. That may well open up services to some illegal aliens. But that is the choice of the Feds.
The unfortunate fact is expedited removal is rarely used, ever heard of "catch and release"? Illegal border crossers brings some random kids with them and automatically claims some sort of asylum reasons...tactic that these illegal immigrants use all the time and it works lol, they get detained and now gets a hearing..meanwhile the courts have a huge backlog. It's a win for the illegal immigrants and a loss to American citizens.

 
Old 01-30-2019, 10:59 PM
 
12,527 posts, read 4,719,312 times
Reputation: 5535
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryoVilla View Post
The unfortunate fact is expedited removal is rarely used, ever heard of "catch and release"? Illegal border crossers brings some random kids with them and automatically claims some sort of asylum reasons...tactic that these illegal immigrants use all the time and it works lol, they get detained and now gets a hearing..meanwhile the courts have a huge backlog. It's a win for the illegal immigrants and a loss to American citizens.
Blown all out of proportion. Asylum seekers are a small proportion of the southern border crossers and a small number compared to the over stayers.

And if we fixed the immigration system it would be simple to contain those seeking asylum. But the system is hopelessly screwed up giving the alien the ability to get loose in the US.
 
Old 01-30-2019, 11:02 PM
 
277 posts, read 107,183 times
Reputation: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Blown all out of proportion. Asylum seekers are a small proportion of the southern border crossers and a small number compared to the over stayers.

And if we fixed the immigration system it would be simple to contain those seeking asylum. But the system is hopelessly screwed up giving the alien the ability to get loose in the US.
Fixing the immigration system is like asking the Pope to get married, lol
 
Old 01-30-2019, 11:06 PM
 
12,527 posts, read 4,719,312 times
Reputation: 5535
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryoVilla View Post
Fixing the immigration system is like asking the Pope to get married, lol
Yup...but also inevitable in the end. We will do it after we legalize most of the illegals because we actually have no other rational choice.

And eventually we will behave rationally...though it may take a while yet before we recognize the obvious.
 
Old 01-30-2019, 11:19 PM
 
277 posts, read 107,183 times
Reputation: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Yup...but also inevitable in the end. We will do it after we legalize most of the illegals because we actually have no other rational choice.

And eventually we will behave rationally...though it may take a while yet before we recognize the obvious.
Yes, I totally agree and I am for legalizing the illegal immigrants that are already here. Give them a pathway to citizenship that way there is something to show that they are doing their fair share, not according to some study or polls, but on paper.
 
Old 01-31-2019, 09:51 AM
 
731 posts, read 286,403 times
Reputation: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticking View Post
Utter tripe.



The hilarity of what you actually probably believe knows no bounds. Watch out for the boogyman too!
Keep ignoring the facts until you wake up one day in a socialist version of Mexico.
 
Old 01-31-2019, 09:52 AM
 
731 posts, read 286,403 times
Reputation: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
Yes but the French had nothing to do with the plaque on the statue that says ".... give me your huddled masses" (i.e. immigrants). That was part of a poem written by an American.
What's your point? Just because an artist inscribed a poem on a statue doesn't mean it is representative of the viewpoints of anyone but the artist.
 
Old 01-31-2019, 09:57 AM
 
731 posts, read 286,403 times
Reputation: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
You are incorrect. One can be illegal and not criminal. The children or visa overstayers for instance are illegal - that is deportable - but they have violated no criminal statute.

Those adults who cross the border away from legal ports can be criminal but mostly have not been. The Feds choose to use civil not criminal statues. That says they get deported but not convicted of any crime.
Say what? Hopping the border and overstaying a visa are, by definition, illegal. The children are not illegal because they gained citizenship by way of being born in the US.

Failure to enforce laws doesn't make criminal acts legal. It simply means the agencies involved are illegally violating the equal protection clause of the Constitution. This has become the status quo since the Boomers took power(don't like a law? Ignore it!) The only way to make said acts legal is for Congress to change the law.
 
Old 01-31-2019, 10:00 AM
 
731 posts, read 286,403 times
Reputation: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryoVilla View Post
As a matter of fact I have...the CBP flies aircraft that I have experienced with along our borders so I've seen their work first hand.

You never answer any of my questions...so try again.
MaryoVilla this has become the modus operandi of the SJW left... When pinned down in an argument or faced with uncomfortable facts, change the subject or point the finger at something/someone else.
 
Old 01-31-2019, 10:02 AM
 
731 posts, read 286,403 times
Reputation: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Nope. Kid that crosses with his or her parents is not criminal. But is deportable. And if the Feds simply deport a crosser there is no criminal conviction.

And classically most illegal border crossers have simply been deported. And no they do not get anything free other than a ride back to Mexico. The current administration has chosen to invoke the criminal justice system in many cases. That may well open up services to some illegal aliens. But that is the choice of the Feds.
That's exactly what they are supposed to be doing. The US Constitution charges the Federal Government with border ENFORCEMENT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top