U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 03:07 AM
 
Location: Las Vegas
2,010 posts, read 1,394,736 times
Reputation: 1552

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrhazy View Post
I want Trump to honor his campaign promise of making Mexico pay for the wall.

If you voted for him knowing that this promise was in fact a lie, and that the plan all along was for the American tax payers to pay for the wall, then let's meet up in person right here in Vegas so I can throttle you for being that deceptive with any person with a half working brain.

Now stop this BS. You right wingers make me want to invest in doxing solutions to out you.
Trump and honor in the same sentence? Oops, guess I did it too.

 
Old Yesterday, 09:47 AM
 
2,197 posts, read 2,281,759 times
Reputation: 1379
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryoVilla View Post
okay got it, lets open our borders and let everyone in. Lets go after the millionaires and tax them to hell so they can pay for more illegal immigrants to come here...

are you sure you live in the USA? bbwwaaaahhahahahah
No illegal immigration. Just a sensible number of allowable immigrants per year. Maybe that's 1 million, maybe it's 2 million, but you'd rather wage war because you think that number is zero.

And yes, tax the millionaires. I never believed in trickle down economics. In FDR's day, the tax rate went as high as 90% and those were lauded as the greatest times of the american middle class.

The ultra rich won't leave the country, that's always been a bluff. And further, there's not much for the government to lose if millionaires and billionaires are gone. They're not the innovators, they were the best ones at exploiting labor.
 
Old Yesterday, 11:42 AM
 
191 posts, read 80,912 times
Reputation: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrhazy View Post
No illegal immigration. Just a sensible number of allowable immigrants per year. Maybe that's 1 million, maybe it's 2 million, but you'd rather wage war because you think that number is zero.

And yes, tax the millionaires. I never believed in trickle down economics. In FDR's day, the tax rate went as high as 90% and those were lauded as the greatest times of the american middle class.

The ultra rich won't leave the country, that's always been a bluff. And further, there's not much for the government to lose if millionaires and billionaires are gone. They're not the innovators, they were the best ones at exploiting labor.
Yes go ahead and tell the Democrats and liberals in here that you want to limit immigration, you will be labeled racist and a bigot.

I never said to limit immigration nor the number should be zero, I said we need to use everything in our bag to stop ILLEGAL immigrations, that to include building a a WALL as a deterrent, technology as an intelligence advantage and properly paid CBP agents with the right skills and training. How the hell can we find a solution for the 26 million illegals that are already here when we can't even stop them from coming. It just doesn't make sense. Fix the border issues, including the laws that make us look like fools...uuummmm like for example, you've been here too long in our custody...you can go now and find a way to get free food and healthcare.

In all of these back and forth here on this thread, all I wanted was for everyone that wants to come here to respect our laws( go to the US embassy and apply for a visa) and do their fair share, that's all, nothing else nothing more. I've sacrificed a lot for this country then just to see it turn into crap, it's sad! People here called me a racist and bigot, typical liberal tactics when they don't have anything sensible to say.

I wouldn't mind paying high taxes in exchange for quality education and quality infrastructures, sensible spending. But here is the big problem, who do you think is paying for the education of illegal children in our schools that have also created a whole host of issues with it....overcrowded schools. money because they can't speak English...etc. WE ARE, the taxpaying US citizens.

The ultra rich won't leave, and I don't blame them, they have the sense of safety and security here in our country, I mean it doesn't matter how much money they have in the bank if they are just going to get chopped into pieces without knowing who did it. Thank your military and veterans for our safety and security.

Pretty sure there are quite a number of millionaire and even billionaire innovators around, Elon Musk, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet...endless list.

A combination of all employs a tremendous number of people. You can be sure if they leave the economy won't be the same.
 
Old Yesterday, 04:16 PM
 
541 posts, read 200,220 times
Reputation: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
Former ICE director says wall doesn't make sense
https://www.thisisinsider.com/former...-threat-2019-1

Fiber Optic Cable is a better solution than a medieval wall
https://amp.businessinsider.com/fibe...er-wall-2019-2
Sure, until someone takes a pair of scissors to that cable. Lol

The former ICE director obviously had no control over the border situation, thus why they are no longer ICE director.
 
Old Yesterday, 04:18 PM
 
541 posts, read 200,220 times
Reputation: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrhazy View Post
I want Trump to honor his campaign promise of making Mexico pay for the wall.

If you voted for him knowing that this promise was in fact a lie, and that the plan all along was for the American tax payers to pay for the wall, then let's meet up in person right here in Vegas so I can throttle you for being that deceptive with any person with a half working brain.

Now stop this BS. You right wingers make me want to invest in doxing solutions to out you.
What do you suppose that will solve? Remember, you can get doxed, too.
 
Old Yesterday, 04:20 PM
 
541 posts, read 200,220 times
Reputation: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrhazy View Post
I dunno. I didn't vote for Trump. The wall is a stupid idea that will cost probably well over 100 billion when all the infrastructure is laid out.

All it does is make it so that animals lose their ability for genetic diversity that cross the border to mate and makes it harder for people that probably have more right to be in this country than most of the white people that are all up in arms about brown skinned people. Drugs almost all come through a large road, and those roads have guarded checkpoints, and they're still getting through because the cartels just play the odds game.

Instead of going after multi millionaires and taxing them till it hurts to make up for the fact they all outsourced your jobs to China and Mexico, youre going after the broke ass Mexicans who are barely able to scratch out a living.

Way to realize who the bad guys are.
Have you ever visited Mexico?

Walls don't only block "brown people."

I'm still waiting for someone to explain why these border jumpers can't just apply for a visa? Anybody? Bueller?
 
Old Yesterday, 05:02 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
2,010 posts, read 1,394,736 times
Reputation: 1552
Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
Sure, until someone takes a pair of scissors to that cable. Lol

The former ICE director obviously had no control over the border situation, thus why they are no longer ICE director.
It's not going to be visible.

https://www.laserfocusworld.com/arti...er-optics.html

A physical wall is penetrable, will cost billions of dollars and will affect land owners that have had their land for generations. Last time eminent domain was enacted for building walls, it was a lengthy process and owners were not fairly compensated at all.

How do you value land that has never been sold before?

Do you really think trump will provide adequate and fair compensation. If there is one thing to does without fail and has done so repeatedly, is screw people over.

A wall is not good for America.
 
Old Yesterday, 05:32 PM
 
541 posts, read 200,220 times
Reputation: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
It's not going to be visible.

https://www.laserfocusworld.com/arti...er-optics.html

A physical wall is penetrable, will cost billions of dollars and will affect land owners that have had their land for generations. Last time eminent domain was enacted for building walls, it was a lengthy process and owners were not fairly compensated at all.

How do you value land that has never been sold before?

Do you really think trump will provide adequate and fair compensation. If there is one thing to does without fail and has done so repeatedly, is screw people over.

A wall is not good for America.
So they'll use a shovel, then their scissors?

What do you suppose a dirt lot on the border is worth? $5K/acre? $10k/acre?

Imminent domain is rarely fair. Trump being the Chief Executive has nothing to do with it.

The border property owners ought to be glad to sell at any price given that with the border situation as it currently stands, the property there is valueless since nobody in their right mind would purchase it.

Tell me why a wall is not good for America? Still waiting on an explanation as to how the wall prevents "brown people" from applying for a visa....
 
Old Yesterday, 08:46 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
2,010 posts, read 1,394,736 times
Reputation: 1552
Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
The border property owners ought to be glad to sell at any price given that with the border situation as it currently stands, the property there is valueless since nobody in their right mind would purchase it.
This statement just proves how out of touch with anything and everything on this planet you are. Seriously, stop talking on behalf of people that you have no idea about.

I have determined you are nothing more than a dumb robot.
 
Old Yesterday, 08:49 PM
 
541 posts, read 200,220 times
Reputation: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
This statement just proves how out of touch with anything and everything on this planet you are. Seriously, stop talking on behalf of people that you have no idea about.

I have determined you are nothing more than a dumb robot.
Well we can't wait for *you* to be the first lucky bidder. What would you pay for it?

Oh yeah, and about that explanation as to how borders walls stop "brown people" from applying for a visa?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top