U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 03:13 AM

13 posts, read 1,794 times

Advertisements

Given the current market , is it common that a new home Builder does not offer any incentives at all to the buyer?

I mean no options incentives, no discounts whatsoever...

Consider how many new build home prices are heavily discounted and every builder I have visited in Summerlin and Henderson has offered some sort of HUGE incentive, thereís KB Inspirada at the Terraces that will not offer any incentives at all and I thought this is strange assuming they would be want to be competitive with other builders etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2018, 07:38 AM

527 posts, read 481,193 times
I know someone who just bought a house and got some pretty nice incentives. Her realtor helped talk the builder into giving them to her. When I look at lists of builder closeouts, some are quite nicely upgraded. It pays to shop around.

Old 12-30-2018, 09:56 AM

12 posts, read 2,668 times
I was able to get some decent incentives for a new home as well recently, I think it depends on the price point and overall demand for the development. The non conforming limits on loans is going up to $483k for 2019, so that may favor the developers since people are stretching to get into new houses right now. Most of the new construction in Summerlin just barely starts in the 500s so that may have something to do with it.

I don’t know much about KB and Inspirada in general but they could have less incentives since they anticipate the spring to be more robust in sales. If your able, try to use them against each other to see if they can negotiate or ask to see if they can kick it up to management. It’s always worth an ask.

IMO - In general the housing market is totally strange here; the houses are all roughly the same architecture on the outside - most are not updated before selling so your looking at a renno project or new construction. The homes that needed renno were not priced well enough for us to make
The hassle worth it so we went new.

FWIW - we looked at a ton of existing homes and the ones that were decently redone with modern looking floors and cabinets sold faster than our timeline Nov and Dec. What we mainly saw was a bunch of dreck that was builder grade or really dark cabinets, square beige floors and bathrooms that had too many different color and texture tiles, which we would have had to rip out and update for our preferences.

The few homes that were more modern looking were overpriced - one house was asking $100k over what they had paid for just 11 months ago for new construction.

Old 12-30-2018, 10:40 AM

1,019 posts, read 605,095 times
They are offering 2/1 Buydowns and 3.75% fixed for 10 years at some of the projects in San Diego and Riverside.

Old 12-30-2018, 01:21 PM

1,963 posts, read 2,164,120 times
We noticed this with KB-They don't want to offer anything. They told us they start their home prices low so you can pick and choose options that meet your budget-thats their "Incentive." As the other poster said you need a realtor to negotiate upgrades/options for you.

Old 12-30-2018, 03:59 PM

98 posts, read 62,907 times
I got some terrific incentives from Pardee in June. Got 15K in free upgrades and an almost no cost loan, great rate too.

Old 12-31-2018, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
We noticed this with KB-They don't want to offer anything. They told us they start their home prices low so you can pick and choose options that meet your budget-thats their "Incentive." As the other poster said you need a realtor to negotiate upgrades/options for you.
Thanks for the most valued insights and feedback everyone. Actually my realtor asked and KB Terraces Inspirada would not budge a dime...

Not sure if itís because they have a long waitlist and would not care if you walked. And since they release 5 lots or so at a time?

I was part of this list until I was finally called recently on 12/22 to choose my lot etc (started at #237 in October to 50 in early November and 30 by Thanksgiving).

I really like the plan and layout and yes Iíve seen many many builds over the last 6 months so it was worth a shot to ask, but this is the one for me so Iím in even with no discounts whatsoever. Sucks to know that everything is an option just about though whereas other builders like Horton come standard with many features.

Old 12-31-2018, 11:00 AM

1,963 posts, read 2,164,120 times
[quote=vg247;54016878]Thanks for the most valued insights and feedback everyone. Actually my realtor asked and KB Terraces Inspirada would not budge a dime...

Not sure if itís because they have a long waitlist and would not care if you walked. And since they release 5 lots or so at a time?

I was part of this list until I was finally called recently on 12/22 to choose my lot etc (started at #237 in October to 50 in early November and 30 by Thanksgiving).

I really like the plan and layout and yes Iíve seen many many builds over the last 6 months so it was worth a shot to ask, but this is the one for me so Iím in even with no discounts whatsoever. Sucks to know that everything is an option just about though whereas other builders like Horton come standard with many features.[/QUOTE

Don't let your realtor give up on getting you some perks. Our lot premium would have been waived and a few other things.

Old 01-01-2019, 12:03 AM

[quote=Dltordj;54019283]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vg247 View Post
Thanks for the most valued insights and feedback everyone. Actually my realtor asked and KB Terraces Inspirada would not budge a dime...

I really like the plan and layout and yes Iíve seen many many builds over the last 6 months so it was worth a shot to ask, but this is the one for me so Iím in even with no discounts whatsoever. Sucks to know that everything is an option just about though whereas other builders like Horton come standard with many features.[/QUOTE

Don't let your realtor give up on getting you some perks. Our lot premium would have been waived and a few other things.
Many thanks, at this point I think since we are now under contract KB is firm and they wonít budge unfortunately. Thereís no incentive for them to give me anything knowing that I will purchase etc..

Thatís a bummer but I figure thatís the price Iíll have to pay to get the model/lot I wanted.

Old 01-01-2019, 02:26 AM

23 posts, read 9,934 times
VG247, You are right. KB does not negotiate much with buyers. Not sure if they give a little with realtors involved but I do not think so, at least at the time we bought in 2015 in Summerlin. They just gave a $3000 discount towards closing or options across the board at the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or