U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 08:16 PM
EA

5,642 posts, read 4,811,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuterion View Post
Yes. They are propped up by the government and now they want it to be a “free for all”.

I'm not a boomer. I'm not getting propped up by the government. I am propping my damn self up with hard work. If anything, the damn government is making it harder with all their idiotic laws and fees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2019, 08:40 PM

188 posts, read 48,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
I'm not a boomer. I'm not getting propped up by the government. I am propping my damn self up with hard work. If anything, the damn government is making it harder with all their idiotic laws and fees.
All you’ve provided today was andecdotes, you have no intellectual integrity in this discussion.

Old 01-06-2019, 08:42 PM
EA

Quote:
All you’ve provided today was andecdotes, you have no intellectual integrity in this discussion.

Nice deflection but you're welcome to cite sources showing anything I've said as wrong.

Old 01-06-2019, 08:48 PM

188 posts, read 48,396 times
Quote:
Nice deflection but you're welcome to cite sources showing anything I've said as wrong.
I wouldn’t bother since your answer to everything basically boils down to: “that’s wrong, the gov’t sucks and millennials are poo poo heads”.

Old 01-06-2019, 08:52 PM

374 posts, read 159,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I would consider the buyer to be the same moron who paid $100K for a BS in Art History. Free choice means just what it says. You are free to choose what your goals are. If yours is to spend that $100K on a worthless piece of paper that's on you.

I put you in the category of person who is never at fault. It's always someone else that screwed things up. Never you.
You're also dodging the question, and then resorting to personal attacks.

Old 01-06-2019, 08:55 PM

Quote:
What do banks often require to get a home loan? A home inspection. Do you think a house inspector will miss paint covered mold? I don't.
I don't know about everyone else, but when I buy something, I watch dozens of videos on it, I read hundreds of reviews, and I try my best to check it out in person before I buy. I took 6 months to decide which welder to buy.
Why wouldn't you check out your chosen career before signing up for 100k of debt to pursue it?
I LOVE photography and writing. I'd love to be a photojournalist. But I looked at the job stats, pay, and demand and decided not to go into it.
I saw a lot of demand for welders and decided to go into it and it's working out.
I also set myself up to do mechanic work, which is also in demand, and it's working out. I still have a ways to go before I consider myself financially stable, but I'm a whole lot closer than I was last year.

What is wrong with taking personal responsibility? It seems to be a bad word these days.
No one is expecting everyone to be perfect and never make a mistake. We all mess up. But you have to learn from them and make better choices each time you do. But most people want to just blame someone else for everything that goes wrong instead of taking responsibility.
I'll leave you with this:

I-Team: 'Newly-renovated' House Turns Out To Be Mold House

Old 01-06-2019, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Clueless. You and the one you quoted. The only thing I can come up with is that neither of you understand the condition our country was in when all those programs were created, which explains why they were created, and the timeline between their creation and the beginning of the Baby Boomer generation.

I doubt that if our country got to the same level now and New Deal programs were created to put people to work that the Millennials would take the jobs offered. They won't be in a cozy office building and pay $220K a year.
I suspect most college-grad Millennials would be happy to even be making $50K.

Old 01-06-2019, 09:13 PM

1,185 posts, read 754,403 times
Quote:
8 BUT, as I keep saying, YOU ARE NOT PAYING FOR A JOB, you are paying for knowledge and skills.

So how do you explain this?

Old 01-06-2019, 09:15 PM
EA

Quote:
I wouldn’t bother since your answer to everything basically boils down to: “that’s wrong, the gov’t sucks and millennials are poo poo heads”.

Stop being wrong.

Are you saying the government isn't terrible?

Boomers suck just as hard as millenials, just in different ways. And not all millenials suck. There's some incredibly successful millenials out there. There's plenty of successful early 20 somethings too. But they're not the problem. The problem is the entitled idiots, boomer and millennial alike, that can't be bothered to take personal responsibility for their choices.

Am I supposed to be sad people didn't do proper research and bought a crap house? Because I'm not sad.
You hear me complaining that my insurance company told me I had gap coverage so I didn't need gap coverage in my loan, and now I'm on the hook for the gap in my van payout? Nope. That was my own stupidity for not reading the fine print. I neglected to be thorough and paid the price. $6,000 dollars worth.
It's not Obama's fault. It's not Trump's fault. It's not the cab's fault. It's not aliens. it's not boomers. It's not anyone but me. I did it. I made the mistake. I get to pay for it as it should be.
Those people can sue the people who lied and said it was renovated when it wasn't. There is legal recourse even though they didn't do their due diligence.

Sorry if you can't handle that but that is reality. Actions and choices have consequences. Be prepared.

Last edited by EA; 01-06-2019 at 09:42 PM..

Old 01-06-2019, 09:28 PM
EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
So how do you explain this?

Explain what? An idiot got a degree in puppets and found out there's no jobs for puppets? What am I missing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or