U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old Yesterday, 03:07 AM
 
4 posts, read 830 times
Reputation: 15

Advertisements

As mention in a previous thread I have been having crime issues in my hood in Anthem and am thinking of moving to Cadence. I have work friends there and they like it. It would be the same distance from work for me now. I am currently paying $1500 for a 3/2. Do you think I could find something similar. It there anyone on this board who lives in cadence and can give me some guidance? TIA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 11:22 AM
 
444 posts, read 338,673 times
Reputation: 406
https://ndep.nv.gov/uploads/env-site...fact-sheet.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 01:20 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
530 posts, read 482,668 times
Reputation: 424
I looked at new construction in Heritage at Cadence. The club/facilities (indoor and outdoor pools, fitness room etc) are fabulous and beautiful. My biggest concerns are the location (way the heck out there) and the low elevation (only 1,600 feet). Compared to some of the higher elevations in the Las Vegas area (3,000 feet in some places), I bet it's a lot hotter in Cadence during the hottest days/weeks/months of the year. Didn't care for the drive on E. Lake Mead Pkwy on the way to it, not a great area IMO but I don't know that much about it. Interested to hear what others have to say about it other than it was a toxic waste dump site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 04:48 PM
 
380 posts, read 159,687 times
Reputation: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin1 View Post
I looked at new construction in Heritage at Cadence. The club/facilities (indoor and outdoor pools, fitness room etc) are fabulous and beautiful. My biggest concerns are the location (way the heck out there) and the low elevation (only 1,600 feet). Compared to some of the higher elevations in the Las Vegas area (3,000 feet in some places), I bet it's a lot hotter in Cadence during the hottest days/weeks/months of the year. Didn't care for the drive on E. Lake Mead Pkwy on the way to it, not a great area IMO but I don't know that much about it. Interested to hear what others have to say about it other than it was a toxic waste dump site.
Well, the fact that it was a superfund site is enough to keep it off my list... All of E. Lake Mead Pkwy is a dump. Same thing with Boulder Hwy until you are all the way down towards Horizon Ridge Pkwy. It is adjacent to a couple of large trailer parks and the Water St. area that are the crime hotspots for Henderson(think crackheads, hookers, and trannies). I think the immediate area is lacking in shopping and restaurants, but its not too far a drive over to Sunset for some better shopping.

The location is convenient to just about nothing. Pretty suburban. I think the shopping and amenities around the area will start to develop as it builds out. I have seen traffic problems getting onto 15/515 on multiple occasions.

Personally, if I were developing here, I would have bought out the trailer parks and bulldozed them. I suspect they are going to be a continued source of problems until they are gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:15 PM
 
597 posts, read 775,888 times
Reputation: 520
Whenever the subject of Cadence comes up I feel obligated to mention that it is being built on the site of a former toxic waste dump. Just Google it, many articles have been written about it for years. I have included a link below. I am not voicing an opinion because I have no idea if you can really clean up a site like that. I just believe anyone buying there should know its history.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/...strial-shadow/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 09:29 PM
 
1,726 posts, read 3,092,831 times
Reputation: 1838
I live near Cadence. Yes, the trailer parks suck and E. Lake Mead Pkwy is run down.

I've never seen a hooker, trannie, or crackhead though. Yeah there are homeless and they love to hang out at the Albertsons on Lake Mead/Boulder and the Circle K across the street.

Heavy police presence near Water St since police HQ is down there. I wouldn't feel unsafe walking around Water St. I've road my bike plenty of times on the Lake Mead Trail at night, no concerns.

All things being equal, I wouldn't buy at Cadence due to environmental concerns, but things are not usually equal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
Well, the fact that it was a superfund site is enough to keep it off my list... All of E. Lake Mead Pkwy is a dump. Same thing with Boulder Hwy until you are all the way down towards Horizon Ridge Pkwy. It is adjacent to a couple of large trailer parks and the Water St. area that are the crime hotspots for Henderson(think crackheads, hookers, and trannies). I think the immediate area is lacking in shopping and restaurants, but its not too far a drive over to Sunset for some better shopping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 02:09 AM
 
380 posts, read 159,687 times
Reputation: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieJeff View Post
I've never seen a hooker, trannie, or crackhead though.
Oh, they're there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieJeff View Post
Heavy police presence near Water St since police HQ is down there. I wouldn't feel unsafe walking around Water St. I've road my bike plenty of times on the Lake Mead Trail at night, no concerns.
The surrounding streets are very old, rundown, and filled with a lot of unsavory characters. Once you get south of Horizon Dr things start to look a bit better.

I'll tell you a good strategy for getting a feel for the residents of an area... load up a dating up that lets you sort by location and take a look at who is posting the profiles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top