U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2019, 05:29 PM

27 posts, read 106,537 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Recently received an HOA Violation letter regarding the stucco discoloration issue on my house exterior wall-see attached pictures.
Not sure what's the best and most efficient way to fix this issue?
Touch Paint or re-paint the whole house exterior wall ?
-or-
Just use a power of a pressure washer to wash the wall?
If anyone have any of such experience in the past, highly appreciate your experience and advice.

Thank you in advanced!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestion needed: How to fix exterior wall stucco discoloration-stuccocolor4.jpg   Suggestion needed: How to fix exterior wall stucco discoloration-stuccocolor5.jpg   Suggestion needed: How to fix exterior wall stucco discoloration-stuccocolor3.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2019, 05:42 PM

2,185 posts, read 2,257,982 times
Try to wash it off first, but becareful since that stucco can come off if sprayed too hard. If it doesn't do the job, then you'll ultimately have to spray paint it. Using a regular paint brush is going to be near impossible for that amount of wall. I've feathered in paint into stucco nooks and crannies before, it's a nightmare.

Old 01-08-2019, 07:53 PM

1,729 posts, read 3,094,747 times
You can try power washing it, but probably needs to be painted. Touch up won't be perfect, but will be cheaper and will probably get the HOA off your back. Most homes need to be painted every ten years or so, might as well bite the bullet if you're in the age range and can afford it.

Old 01-08-2019, 11:20 PM

2,638 posts, read 1,065,581 times
We had that same problem and got the HOA letter for a much smaller area that needed paint. I was able to color match the paint and touch it up which satisfied the HOA. Shortly after that we had the whole exterior painted in an approved 3 color scheme and it looks brand new.

Cost was $1/square foot including the paint for a single story house and they did a great job.

Old Yesterday, 04:13 AM

9,839 posts, read 5,830,275 times
Have it painted.

Old Today, 03:19 PM

27 posts, read 106,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
We had that same problem and got the HOA letter for a much smaller area that needed paint. I was able to color match the paint and touch it up which satisfied the HOA. Shortly after that we had the whole exterior painted in an approved 3 color scheme and it looks brand new.

Cost was $1/square foot including the paint for a single story house and they did a great job.
Thank you all to share the good experience.
May I know if you do the touch paint by yourself? or any recommendation to find a contractor to do the paint work on such kind of exterior wall?

Old Today, 08:13 PM

6,023 posts, read 6,460,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji3 View Post
Hello,

Recently received an HOA Violation letter regarding the stucco discoloration issue on my house exterior wall-see attached pictures.
Not sure what's the best and most efficient way to fix this issue?
Touch Paint or re-paint the whole house exterior wall ?
-or-
Just use a power of a pressure washer to wash the wall?
If anyone have any of such experience in the past, highly appreciate your experience and advice.

Thank you in advanced!!!
<rant> Tell the HOA board members they need to get a life. <rant_over> Seriously, the pics seem fine. I guess there are always some idiots around that will complain about anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or