U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-14-2019, 10:24 PM
EA
 
Location: Las Vegas
5,698 posts, read 4,853,755 times
Reputation: 6148

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
It doesn't make you any less of a troll. I seriously question what it is you say you do, and who you say you are, because your story keeps changing, you keep trying to redirect the conversation when caught lying or in the wrong, and you claimed you're a Millennial, but some other things you've said on here don't really corroborate that story.

You also keep putting words in peoples' mouths, not just mine. Like just now, stating that I dislike America... quote the post where I said I disliked America.

I'm not going to go away, just because you want me to. I'm not your child. You will speak to me with respect like you would speak to any other adult whom you do not know.





Point out, with quotes, where I contradict myself.

Find where I claimed to be a millennial because I am NOT a millennial. I'm also not a boomer.

I'm not redirecting anything. You just suck at comprehending simple concepts.

Respect is earned not handed out. I know you have an issue with earning things, but that is on you, not me.

 
Old 01-14-2019, 10:30 PM
 
454 posts, read 180,718 times
Reputation: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Point out, with quotes, where I contradict myself.

Find where I claimed to be a millennial because I am NOT a millennial. I'm also not a boomer.

I'm not redirecting anything. You just suck at comprehending simple concepts.

Respect is earned not handed out. I know you have an issue with earning things, but that is on you, not me.
You said something like "I am a Millennial with Boomer Parents and I have my own business..." blah blah blah not going to spend time finding the thread... not worth the time.

You're not admitting that you keep redirecting the convo... now you're personally attacking. Why don't you find where I said I "disliked America" first.

Its no wonder you were job hopping, and you won't be running your own business for very long if you act in real life like you do on here.
 
Old 01-14-2019, 10:53 PM
EA
 
Location: Las Vegas
5,698 posts, read 4,853,755 times
Reputation: 6148
Seems to me that you're the troll seeing as you make wild accusations and won't back them up.
 
Old 01-15-2019, 01:48 AM
 
454 posts, read 180,718 times
Reputation: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Seems to me that you're the troll seeing as you make wild accusations and won't back them up.
You have about 30 claims you've made now that you've failed to backup. No sense in continuing to argue with you since once you've been backed up into a corner on an issue, you will just jump to a new one and fail to respond.

Its obvious you just want to have the last word here, so go ahead and have it, if it makes you feel better there sweetheart.
 
Old 01-15-2019, 02:15 AM
EA
 
Location: Las Vegas
5,698 posts, read 4,853,755 times
Reputation: 6148
Boom, I did it for you. You might want to try and read carefully.


Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Are you saying that Boomers are making millennials get an interpretive dance theory degree?
Because last I checked, you CHOOSE what you go to school for.

My mom is a boomer. She wanted me to go to college, but she pushed me to go for something that actually pays. I made the choice not to go (at least after high school. Went for accounting when I was 29)
I went on a grant, incurred no debt, and didn't ruin my life with it.

I know so many people that went for BS degrees like art history because they liked art. They make minimum wage because there's exactly 2 art history jobs in the entire world.

I lived that millenial life until very recently. I thought I was owed something. I came out here with no skills and struggled. I kept blaming this or that when it was just my life choices that did it.
A few smart people gave me some good advice and I followed it. Turned my life around. I'm not rich but I'm on my way. I haven't had a w2 in over 2 years. Been working for myself and making more than ever. All because I picked up a skill that was in demand. Welding.
 
Old 01-15-2019, 01:16 PM
 
244 posts, read 39,267 times
Reputation: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Our police are awful and do nothing but extort people.

That's a bit of an exaggeration. For example, I see police sitting in & supporting Starbucks all the time. And donut shops, too.
 
Old 01-15-2019, 01:25 PM
 
244 posts, read 39,267 times
Reputation: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
The days of walking in anywhere and landing a job have been gone for about 20 years now.

Drive into any tech company in Silicon Valley, walk in the door, and you're pretty much hired on the spot, assuming you have skills & pass a background check. Just about every type of engineer: EE, ME, ChemE, CE, Software Engineer, IE, Photolithography Engineer, Semiconductor Engineer, System Architects, CPU Architects, Database Engineer, Support Engineer, Full Stack Developers of various flavors, etc etc etc.


And it isn't just Silicon Valley: also Silicon Rainforest, Silicon Slopes, Silicon Prarie, Silicon Beach, Silicon Alley, Silicon Swamp, etc.
 
Old 01-15-2019, 01:36 PM
 
244 posts, read 39,267 times
Reputation: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
A friend of mine did that while working for Apple in Silicon Valley in the late 80s/early 90s. Unfortunately, rather than buying a house, he spent the money on a lavish wedding for a marriage that didn't last .

I worked at Apple back then. "What's the difference between working at Apple and being in The Boy Scouts?" people used to ask. "The Boy Scouts have adult supervision," we replied. I didn't have a lavish wedding. I build a nice house on a hill in Saratoga where I could, with a cheap telescope, see Apple's then-HQ.
 
Old 01-15-2019, 02:11 PM
 
244 posts, read 39,267 times
Reputation: 302
It seems several people on this thread somehow think the IT employees are High Tech employees. Typically they are not. IT is not a particularly high value-add position. Tech people tend to design, engineer & build products sold for a profit to companies whose IT employees implement them to manage the information infrastructure of the company. IT is a cost center. Tech is a profit center.



We absolutely do not have enough high tech capable engineers in the country. (Not talking about IT people.)
 
Old 01-15-2019, 02:14 PM
 
70 posts, read 27,904 times
Reputation: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
Drive into any tech company in Silicon Valley, walk in the door, and you're pretty much hired on the spot, assuming you have skills & pass a background check. Just about every type of engineer: EE, ME, ChemE, CE, Software Engineer, IE, Photolithography Engineer, Semiconductor Engineer, System Architects, CPU Architects, Database Engineer, Support Engineer, Full Stack Developers of various flavors, etc etc etc.


And it isn't just Silicon Valley: also Silicon Rainforest, Silicon Slopes, Silicon Prarie, Silicon Beach, Silicon Alley, Silicon Swamp, etc.
Add to that that you need to compete with 400 other engineers who applied to the same position, and have to be very communicative and be able to "sell yourself", beside any tech knowledge check with 7 different people, and coding on whiteboard...

I don't think that it is that easy and simple as you described... that era was 20 years ago..but not anymore..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top