U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 01:24 PM

5 posts, read 1,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA702 View Post
Here is one thing that i've noticed on my side of town is these Van/Camper/small RVs that are parked in public lots and residential streets that do not have houses on each side. These are people who are trying to save money or they are in homeless but have some mobile shelter. I know in some expensive cities this is a reality where people who earn good salaries will sleep in a Van/Camper/Small RV and save the rent money and buy a home cash down the line. They would use the Gym as a shower and dress for work. I've seen a huge increase this past year
I have also noticed many people squatting in vans in the parking lot of the vacant fast food place on Horizon Ridge and Stephanie.

Old 01-12-2019, 11:34 AM

639 posts, read 1,742,199 times
Contact one if the local news agencies that does those, "on your side" episodes. It's amusing how things suddenly get solved when they are spotlighted on local tv.

Old 01-12-2019, 09:09 PM

453 posts, read 180,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
This is the epitome of NIMBY.

Where should the homeless go?
I paid for my back yard. Did they? I don't care where they go... Get lost!

Old 01-12-2019, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Here is one thing that i've noticed on my side of town is these Van/Camper/small RVs that are parked in public lots and residential streets that do not have houses on each side. These are people who are trying to save money or they are in homeless but have some mobile shelter. I know in some expensive cities this is a reality where people who earn good salaries will sleep in a Van/Camper/Small RV and save the rent money and buy a home cash down the line. They would use the Gym as a shower and dress for work. I've seen a huge increase this past year
Me too. I keep getting them towed off my street.

Old 01-12-2019, 11:10 PM

2,741 posts, read 7,540,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
Me too. I keep getting them towed off my street.
I don't know about getting them towed because they are pretty crafty. I think they have 72 hours to park on a public road until they have to move it. They usually park in areas where they do not have to park in front or across from someones house or pick a home that is vacant (for sale or just vacant). They will sleep in it and they will drive off to move or maybe go to work.

Old 01-12-2019, 11:35 PM

482 posts, read 373,140 times
Quote:
Good for them. I envy those who give a middle finger to the banks, landlords, and utility companies who gouge their customers whenever at all possible.

Millennials were screwed over by a government who outsourced all manufacturing and allowed companies hire foreign labor through H1-B visas rather than pay Americans more and train them.

These immigrants then increased the demand for housing, causing prices to increase to a point where home ownership is unattainable for most.

I'm glad that the Boomers - who created this problem - are feeling the effects of their selfishness on their streets.

Old 01-13-2019, 12:13 AM

2,545 posts, read 2,585,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08grad View Post
Millennials were screwed over by a government who outsourced all manufacturing and allowed companies hire foreign labor through H1-B visas rather than pay Americans more and train them.

These immigrants then increased the demand for housing, causing prices to increase to a point where home ownership is unattainable for most.
Not enough Americans getting into the Nursing field that is why there is a need to hire Nurses from the Philippines. Not enough Americans getting into IT that is why India is supplying the shortage of tech professionals. In other words, it's the United States that is lacking and the rest of the world have the talent. In the end, it is a Win Win for both. Only the losers complain about it. United States' companies and hospitals benefit in the end hiring these professionals from overseas otherwise the country suffers. Philippine nurses give some of the best care in the world and from the looks of it, IT professionals from India know their field well.

Old 01-13-2019, 12:29 AM

Quote:
I don't know about getting them towed because they are pretty crafty. I think they have 72 hours to park on a public road until they have to move it. They usually park in areas where they do not have to park in front or across from someones house or pick a home that is vacant (for sale or just vacant). They will sleep in it and they will drive off to move or maybe go to work.
The ones that are showing up down here are large RV's or truck towing an unmarked racecar trailor. The've been parking them on the walls that abut sidestreets or in the hammerhead style cul-de-sacs.

Nobody on my street owns these and they are always from Texas.

Old 01-13-2019, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08grad View Post
Good for them. I envy those who give a middle finger to the banks, landlords, and utility companies who gouge their customers whenever at all possible.

I'm glad that the Boomers - who created this problem - are feeling the effects of their selfishness on their streets.
I'm not a Boomer. The average age of households in this area is mid-30s.

Old 01-13-2019, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkcty View Post
Not enough Americans getting into the Nursing field that is why there is a need to hire Nurses from the Philippines. Not enough Americans getting into IT that is why India is supplying the shortage of tech professionals. In other words, it's the United States that is lacking and the rest of the world have the talent. In the end, it is a Win Win for both. Only the losers complain about it. United States' companies and hospitals benefit in the end hiring these professionals from overseas otherwise the country suffers. Philippine nurses give some of the best care in the world and from the looks of it, IT professionals from India know their field well.
LOL. While there are some talented workers from India there is also a cheating culture in Indian educational institutions. Everybody wants on the IT train because what send back to India is Megabucks in Rupees.

I can't speak for Filipino nurses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or