Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 07:08 AM

386 posts, read 261,537 times

Advertisements

Just curious if anyone has any personal recommendations for apartment or townhomes in the Summerlin/Lone Mountain area?

Looking for a 3 bedroom that is pet (cat) friendly and pretty much anything that seems to qualify has absolutely terrible reviews on Yelp, Apartments.com, etc. So I'd actually like to hear personal accounts and recommendations from the community if entirely possible.

We haven't ruled out renting a home but we're coming for job interview and to look at places this upcoming weekend before we move in early July so home inventory is likely to be much different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2019, 07:17 AM

158 posts, read 174,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svoboda View Post
Just curious if anyone has any personal recommendations for apartment or townhomes in the Summerlin/Lone Mountain area?

Looking for a 3 bedroom that is pet (cat) friendly and pretty much anything that seems to qualify has absolutely terrible reviews on Yelp, Apartments.com, etc. So I'd actually like to hear personal accounts and recommendations from the community if entirely possible.

We haven't ruled out renting a home but we're coming for job interview and to look at places this upcoming weekend before we move in early July so home inventory is likely to be much different.
Hi and welcome to Las Vegas. There are many beautiful option for you in Summerlin. I would personally recommend living at Altessa in The Vistas Village of Summerlin. I have multiple colleagues who lived there when they first moved to town and know people living there now waiting for their residences to be built. It is a beautiful complex that is exquisitely maintained. If your looking for a more walkable development you can do no better than Constellation in Downtown Summerlin. Constellation is only a little over a year old and is incredible! Good luck with your search!

Old 03-25-2019, 01:37 PM

143 posts, read 98,204 times
Quote:
Looking for a 3 bedroom that is pet (cat) friendly and pretty much anything that seems to qualify has absolutely terrible reviews on Yelp, Apartments.com, etc.
Boy, ain't that the truth! I've been attempting an online apartment search for The Lakes area and *every* apartment complex is plagued with horrible comments in the reviews. I found a Better Business Bureau link someplace that had a record of lodged complaints and I found that the apartment management had fairly solid documentation to refute most of the claims, though, so wonder just how accurate the reviews on other sites really are. If things are as bad as claimed -- for every complex I've searched -- I wonder how they can retain any tenants.

Good luck on your search!

Old 03-25-2019, 05:04 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpcoe View Post
Boy, ain't that the truth! I've been attempting an online apartment search for The Lakes area and *every* apartment complex is plagued with horrible comments in the reviews. I found a Better Business Bureau link someplace that had a record of lodged complaints and I found that the apartment management had fairly solid documentation to refute most of the claims, though, so wonder just how accurate the reviews on other sites really are. If things are as bad as claimed -- for every complex I've searched -- I wonder how they can retain any tenants.

You cannot go on the bad recommendations on those sites. Your best bet would be to find a complex you like and actually live there to see if the reviews are true. Or talk to some of the people there, see what they like or hate about it. Check it out on evenings and weekends to see how it really is. A lot of disgruntled people that did not pay their rent and were evicted, or people that were trouble like to complain about every single apt complex in town just for the fun of it. They felt wronged, so they will do everything to discredit a place.

We lived in one complex that had such bad reviews, Summerhill Pointe, but most of the time there, it was a peaceful place to live. Normal people as neighbors. This was a long time ago with different apt management, so I wouldn't know how it is today. Those apts were the oldest in the area, but very spacious. 1100 sf for the plan we had. Nice big enclosed balconies. With a bonus room off of it for laundry.

Old 03-27-2019, 08:33 PM

Quote:

I threw a couple Lakes complexes on our check out list tonight. Where are you looking at?

Old 03-27-2019, 08:46 PM

414 posts, read 359,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princeton1990 View Post
Hi and welcome to Las Vegas. There are many beautiful option for you in Summerlin. I would personally recommend living at Altessa in The Vistas Village of Summerlin. I have multiple colleagues who lived there when they first moved to town and know people living there now waiting for their residences to be built. It is a beautiful complex that is exquisitely maintained. If your looking for a more walkable development you can do no better than Constellation in Downtown Summerlin. Constellation is only a little over a year old and is incredible! Good luck with your search!
I second the Altessa if it is within your budget.

Old 03-28-2019, 04:00 AM

90 posts, read 63,030 times
add the lakes and spring valley areas. towns of great townhomes around here

Old 03-28-2019, 06:51 AM

143 posts, read 98,204 times
Quote:
I threw a couple Lakes complexes on our check out list tonight. Where are you looking at?
My prime candidate is Allanza (there's a thread here about it, but the info might be dated) but I've wondered about Dulce across the street. I've lived in Crystal Cove before (back in the 1990s) and liked it, but not sure it's worth the price premium just to have a garage.

My main focus on Allanza/Dulce is the walkability to Smiths, Vons, Chase Bank and a couple gyms. At least in the beginning, I'd like to try living car-free to see how do-able it can be.

Old 03-28-2019, 08:15 AM

Quote:
My prime candidate is Allanza (there's a thread here about it, but the info might be dated) but I've wondered about Dulce across the street. I've lived in Crystal Cove before (back in the 1990s) and liked it, but not sure it's worth the price premium just to have a garage.

My main focus on Allanza/Dulce is the walkability to Smiths, Vons, Chase Bank and a couple gyms. At least in the beginning, I'd like to try living car-free to see how do-able it can be.

Allanza is the same one I put on our list last night.

Old 03-28-2019, 09:29 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,259,931 times
Cops are at Summerhill Point frequently. I would avoid that complex. They also accept any breed of dog small or large.

Alanza, isn't much better. The lakes area is pretty, but it's not like it was in the good ol' days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: